Sign in to follow this  
rksoftware

My view on MSFS now, 2 months after release

Gents, just a reminder that everyone is entitled to their opinion. Crikey, I'm tired of having to keep saying that. If you disagree with someone's opinion then either ignore the post and read the next one or discuss the differences in a mature way.

What are "little bugs" is subjective. Some see them as more than little. Don't insult people because you disagree with their opinion. Discuss it as adults. Or you might find you're not able to discuss it at all. The choice is yours.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, GSalden said:

Insulting ? So I personally attack people ?

Show me some examples and I will show yours ...

Do you not realize telling someone they are living under a rock or they "know better" is insulting them and trying to elevate your own position at the same time?  Please, show me my examples Gerard, let's turn this into an argument amongst 6 years old's.  "Hey I may have been mean but you were meaner and I will prove it... "     Holy cow man.  

• Like 3

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

4 hours ago, GSalden said:

If there are so much topics about the same then there must be something not entirely going well with MSFS....

It absolutely amazes me that any developer has such a cult following that nobody can have a negative opinion and is immediately branded a troll. As a software developer, I'm actually jealous and wish I knew the secret 🤪

After nearly 11 pages or so, the general vibe I'm getting is that the OP has an opinion about a product he purchased and just because many don't agree with that opinion, he's branded a troll. In that guise, I think I'll start going on IMDB and replying to every negative post about films and TV shows I like with "Troll", because everyone else is wrong and I'm right..... 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Hundreds of gamers post MSFS 2020 videos daily on youtube. Yet, here you are, banging on about "severe bugs".

All forums about MSFS are full of complaints about issues...

People are tweaking more than they ever did with any other flightsim. 
Lots of people only succeed in downloading updates at 500 kb/s.
We have great people releasing ac mods so some default ac can finally be used.

Show me a vid of a the default 787/747/A320 where everything works as it should without mods.

But if you are happy then that’s the only thing that counts ...

If someone is fond of a certain ac that flies well than his opinion will differ from mine as the 787 is my favorite ac ...

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Gerard

Show me a default sim where where everything works as it should without mods.

Edited by Jean-Paul
typo
  • Like 2

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

This is your sim, why would you fly an aircraft that you know is the most unfinished aircraft in MSFS the 787, bash the sim to dead when this is your wonderfully set up for a 737. Its beyond me mate truly beyond me. Enjoy MSFS for its strength not the worst aircraft in the game, when you have a dream simpit soly for a 737. Why on earth would you try to fly an aircraft so unfinished? Clearly this sim is not for you or your 737 set up. Enjoy what you have and forget all about MSFS 2020 until PMDG N3 comes 1-2 year away.

Until then can we that really enjoy MSFS, enjoy it please, thank you.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 hours ago, paulscottrobson said:

It's simply unfit to be released, and the pretty graphics don't hide from that... ...the planes barely fly let alone work correctly.

😄 That is just absolutely hilarious!   I blew Coffee down my nose.  Thanks for making me laugh so much.  👍

All I know is I am racking up loads of hours every night in MSFS and loving it.  I am not much of an armchair pilot, but the planes fly alright for me.  

I for one am happy it has been released 'early', as it is good enough for me and many others.  Youtube is full of people enjoying themselves every night.  It has issues yes, but not insurmountable if you want to use it.

I bought every other flight sim going over the years, $200 for P3D and countless $$$ of add-ons to bring it up to scratch, what a waste looking back - barely used it in the end.  Just felt dead.  

I got Xplane on a discount and was glad, as apart from the brilliant Zibo mod B737 there was nothing to hold my attention, also found myself staring at the windows desktop very often after making the slightest in-sim change. 

And an earlier comment by someone was correct - unless you spend loads of money improving P3D and Xplane, it is like going back to do flight simulation in Minecraft!  😄  Still, all of the buttons are clickable!   I still have both of these sims installed just to remind myself of what they are like, and to click on all of the pretty working buttons instead of watching paint dry.

In MSFS - No more CTD's for me since I stopped overclocking my GPU so much. I want to get on it every spare waking hour, and it has the best flight sim community I have ever known.  👍

Money well spent, but to the partisan flight sim snobs out there I am probably a fool - at least I am a happy fool! 🤣

PS. Funny how new accounts are being created lately just to come on and have a bash at MSFS and the users.  Strange how they would waste so much time posting over something they detest so much, You would think some people have a bit of a hidden agenda or something (although not that well hidden actually).😁

• Like 6

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 minute ago, Jean-Paul said:

Show me a default sim where where everything works as it should without mods.

Speaking of mods, the question remains on how this will work on the xbox console version. The last console I owned was a playstation 3, and I'm presuming it won't be easy to actually install mods on the console that aren't in the MS store without jumping through hoops. Perhaps MS have thought of this and will have a solution, but I've not seen it mentioned anywhere. In that sense, all xbox users will essentially be using only the base sim with MS approved addons (Which would exclude the vast majority of freeware scenery addons that are taking copyrighted Google Earth photogrammetry and releasing them as freeware - and then asking for donations...).

I've not actually installed or use any addons in MFS, the base sim is actually good enough for me. I certainly can't say that about X-Plane and P3D, so credit where credit is due, they've done a great job. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Upset about MSFS? Here is your alternative:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/931310/Airplane_Mode/

2 hours ago, Moria15 said:

use FSEconomy for free or OnAir that gives you a full career progression as you get bigger and better planes, jobs have times to complete them by and there is level progression..  kinda adds MMORPG features to the sim.. (also have to say that OnAir has VERY active developers who respond to issues very quickly).   You can progress through all of the aircraft in MSFS started small and ending up with airliners if you wish.

As with all flight sims.. the sim is the basics.. the add-ons come from 3rd party devs.

Both the above are good..  in my opinion, even though there is a cost to OnAir, it is far better and you can try it for free.

Graham

Fine up to a point, but no substitute for an integrated solution. You wouldn't run a train sim or ETS2 and expect to have to use an external programme to generate your gameplay. If the future success of FS20 depends on recruiting and retaining more casual players/gamers then give them some incentive within the game. Well, eventually after fixing the core functionality.

9 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Upset about MSFS? Here is your alternative:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/931310/Airplane_Mode/

LMAO - I was never interested in tubeliners but now that picture of the croissant has me intrigued!

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

31 minutes ago, tonywob said:

After nearly 11 pages or so, the general vibe I'm getting is that the OP has an opinion about a product he purchased and just because many don't agree with that opinion, he's branded a troll. 

My own view of this has always been, and remains, "you have every right to voice your opinion, and I have every right to laugh at it." I'm absolutely not asking the mods to remove the post here or censor this stuff, as tiresome as a lot of people seem to find it. Let a thousand flowers bloom.

However.

If I went into the P3D forum and started a thread titled "My view on P3D now, 10 years after release" that read, in full:

At this time for me, P3D is only a "button-pushing simulator" and a good way to stress-test my CPU with its outdated but highly demanding engine.

Hopefully, it will bring that engine to an acceptable state at some point in time, but it has already been 10 years and it will take a long time, I am afraid.

Now, 10 years after its release, the "simulator" has not shown any real improvements or bug fixes.

Lockheed Martin's priority is probably to focus on its corporate clients, and not to do improvements and bug fixes.

When people inevitably reacted negatively to that, perhaps even -- gasp! -- calling it trolling, am I to understand I'd have mods there defending my honor and chastising people reacting to me with less than perfect civility for their close-mindedness?

James

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Speaking of mods, the question remains on how this will work on the xbox console version. The last console I owned was a playstation 3, and I'm presuming it won't be easy to actually install mods on the console that aren't in the MS store without jumping through hoops. Perhaps MS have thought of this and will have a solution, but I've not seen it mentioned anywhere. In that sense, all xbox users will essentially be using only the base sim with MS approved addons (Which would exclude the vast majority of freeware scenery addons that are taking copyrighted Google Earth photogrammetry and releasing them as freeware - and then asking for donations...).

I've not actually installed or use any addons in MFS, the base sim is actually good enough for me. I certainly can't say that about X-Plane and P3D, so credit where credit is due, they've done a great job. 

Oh i think there is no way MS will allow mods outside of there marketplace. My guess is there will be lots of paid DLC (theres a term that didnt exist in the FS9 days 😄 ), and a few select freeware. But open modding for Xbox, i dont see it happening. Too risky, they cant let unaproved files enter their system. We all know how weak security in an  MS OS can be 🙂

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

The question is : would you have purchased it if you knew upfront that multiple ac did not work correctly and it might had issues with DL and starting up ?

Yes.

I really was and am that desperate to get out of the technology stasis that we've endured for the last decade and more.

My enthusiasm the last few years for aerofly and for outerra and pretty much anything that bucked the status quo, has been me squirming desperately to escape the 1990s and see flight simulation technology step into the Modern Age.

Now our Legacy Sims have two choices: step up to the plate and drop the complacency in a captive Market that's led to years of glacial progress, or face possible loss of relevancy and customers both.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hey i wanna jump into the fun as well ! They need to fix these lighting everywhere in clear skies ! 

Roi Ben