Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

PMDG BBJ series is released

13 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Is this a record low for a PMDG release?  Does this mean everyone is flying MSFS?

I'm fairly certain the 777 for P3D V5 (including the ER variant) will generate a lot more excitement than yet another 737 variant.

• Like 1

The fact that PMDG's BBJ use 24k engine instead 26k or 27k( as the only real option), and BBJ2 is not 27k is kind of sign that PMDG is cutting corner on this....

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, C2615 said:

The fact that PMDG's BBJ use 24k engine instead 26k or 27k( as the only real option), and BBJ2 is not 27k is kind of sign that PMDG is cutting corner on this....

Not criticizing PMDG as I love their planes but it’s not the only time I found PMDG to “go the easy way” with some things. I honestly think that they should really listen more to their customers when it comes to implementing some features. Again only as constructive criticism no more 😉

• Upvote 1

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

Is this a good model to sim.  I am debating to get this (too bad no sale either).  Does it fly almost the same as NGXu (with pretty much unlimited* fuel as fuel is much much more).  Is the flying characteristics/physics different

I have zero interest in virtual cabin - that is just plain waste of resources

Edited by Skywolf
  • Upvote 2

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

33 minutes ago, CaptainIronside said:

Who asked for this? Out of all the things the community -is- asking from PMDG, I don't think this was one of them. 

People have been asking since the NGX came out in 2011. So, you're simply wrong about no one asking for it.

I flew it all weekend and am enjoying in thoroughly. It's a different kind of flying and being able to make up my own missions and flights is fun. 

1 minute ago, Chapstick said:

People have been asking since the NGX came out in 2011. So, you're simply wrong about no one asking for it.

I flew it all weekend and am enjoying in thoroughly. It's a different kind of flying and being able to make up my own missions and flights is fun. 

I understand, but I just don't think the timing is correct to put such resources into something like this, considering everything that's going on in the flight sim world. 

1 minute ago, CaptainIronside said:

I understand, but I just don't think the timing is correct to put such resources into something like this, considering everything that's going on in the flight sim world. 

You mean MSFS? They've gotten as far as they can with the incomplete SDK. I'm not sure what else you think they should be doing. 

2 hours ago, Chapstick said:

You mean MSFS? They've gotten as far as they can with the incomplete SDK. I'm not sure what else you think they should be doing. 

How about updating the DC-6 for P3D V5 for one. Tell you what, put a corporate interior in it and I will buy it again if it's made for V5, I promise to put covers on the furniture and carpet when hauling cattle or fish.

• Upvote 1

Gary Stewart

Doing my first flight in it now. There really isn't much difference to me though it is amusing. I think the "passenger SUVs" are a total joke, pretty bad animation and pointless. With GSX they should have cooperated with them to add some features, but they kind of like to be like 'Apple and not Android'. The virtual cabin is kind of cool, though I wish there was many more default view points. All in all I don't mind spending the 30$ on it, but also think they're very lucky to be getting our money for this product.

• Upvote 1

I get that the BBJ has extra fuel, but other than that what are the $30 differences between that an the existing -700 model? Is it worth $30 or would one be better just getting a BBJ repaint for the existing 700?

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Guess they can make their own pricing decisions. But this is not a 30 dollar product. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

11 hours ago, Chapstick said:

People have been asking since the NGX came out in 2011. So, you're simply wrong about no one asking for it. I flew it all weekend and am enjoying in thoroughly. It's a different kind of flying and being able to make up my own missions and flights is fun

** NEWS ALERT **

You can do that with the existing passenger versions :wink:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

@Christopher Low  Yep.  I thought some people were going to lose their you know what a few months ago on vatsim when I flew a 747 from Las Vegas to Los Angeles.  I wanted to change my call sign to BecauseICan1

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

7 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

** NEWS ALERT **

You can do that with the existing passenger versions :wink:

I like flying realistic routes. Sorry for enjoying how I spend my time. 🙄