Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

7 hours ago, cianpars said:

Yes and yes

But if I load all of the areas together along with my other addons, I reach the msfs object limit and the sim crashes.

It may be fine to use them all if you don't have many other addons (I just have W Europe and N America normally).

One thing I have noticed is that GAIST seems to increase my loading times quite a bit, but that's not really either surprising or a problem for me.

ok got it - so are you only installing the regions you fly into the community folder?

15 hours ago, mac44 said:

ok got it - so are you only installing the regions you fly into the community folder?

Correct. Enjoy the experience.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

17 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Maybe it's just me, but GAIST doesn't add enough ships to be realistic. With only GAIST running, I get maybe one ship.  If I layer on the  Seafront Simulations add-ons for both the sim-generated AI ships, and their own ships, I get several ships.

It must be region specific. In the English Channel and North Sea I get dozens of ships. Wakes too.

1 minute ago, jarmstro said:

It must be region specific. In the English Channel and North Sea I get dozens of ships. Wakes too.

Maybe... I was testing around Vancouver, as I know it personally... and there are usually a dozen ships anchored, a few on the move, and ferries running every hour, but GAIST gave me one ship! 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Maybe... I was testing around Vancouver, as I know it personally... and there are usually a dozen ships anchored, a few on the move, and ferries running every hour, but GAIST gave me one ship! 🙂

I don't think it's going to show ships in harbour until the live shipping is released. And I'm guessing only specific ferries are represented. IE there are set routes for shipping at the moment and if a certain route is not included nothing will show.

Edited by jarmstro

Here you have a video from Singapore anchorage. It’s not a comparison but you can check with the offline version. 

bram

-SkyLane

• Like 1

I dont see any of the Spirit class BC ferries on the main Tsawwassen to Swartz Bay route in BC Canada, They are in the inventory but I have yet to see them. 🙁

Hoping the new version will be a nice x-mas present this year....

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

1 hour ago, MaVe64 said:

Hoping the new version will be a nice x-mas present this year....

No, I bet and think that this version will be included in the 2024 version and officially, maybe.

4 minutes ago, peloto said:

No, I bet and think that this version will be included in the 2024 version and officially, maybe.

It won't be in any "official" capacity, Kai already confirmed that in this thread/elsewhere.

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 minutes ago, MarcG said:

It won't be in any "official" capacity, Kai already confirmed that in this thread/elsewhere.

So MS2024 itself will include their own real live worldwide traffic ships, good too.

2 minutes ago, peloto said:

So MS2024 itself will include their own real live worldwide traffic ships, good too.

Yep

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

At the moment there a no new news regarding the Real Time version. Henrik and I are still investigating potential options for new data providers....

• Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

4 minutes ago, peloto said:

at least they showed this on some presentation, no ingame image confirmation yet.

• Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

1 minute ago, Kaiii3 said:

at least they showed this on some presentation, no ingame image confirmation yet.

And you will can use the MS ships live tracking with your ships right?, and the provider problem solved then maybe?