Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

Wow, this is appalling

I'm going to go back to FSX because a bridge in MSFS isn't modeled 100% accurately.  Yeah, right!  I am still LOVING MSFS despite is quirks and foibles.  

Thank you to the OP for announcing his departure.  Hehehe...

• Like 1

P3D, lol. Looks great when you cover your cockpit windows, or time travel to 2006.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Ahh he's just bored and trolling.  This can happen to people who use P3D exclusively :ph34r:   JK, P3D is fabulous for what it is and is still valued by some of the inmates in the asylum, myself included.  My chief complaints with it are performance, by comparison to what has now spoiled me, sucks wind.  And of course the land-class guess at plausible scenery was good for its day, just like pacman was good for its day!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Appalling, shocked and disappointed- all in one post... once the acute distress leaves you, I'd advocate another go.  There are many here, inclined to assist, should you decide to take another tack. 

Meanwhile... here's something for the pain.. Heavy iron it's not, but delightful, it most certainly is.  Just the ticket to soothe the ravages you've been enduring.

cuM83GW.jpg

Come back in a few weeks after you recover, and we'll be glad to try and help... but give it some time, you seem quite bothered.

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 3

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

16 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

Appalling, shocked and disappointed- all in one post... once the acute distress leaves you, I'd advocate another go.  There are many here, inclined to assist, should you decide to take another tack. 

Meanwhile... here's something for the pain.. Heavy iron it's not, but delightful, it most certainly is.  Just the ticket to soothe the ravages you've been enduring.

cuM83GW.jpg

Come back in a few weeks after you recover, and we'll be glad to try and help... but give it some time, you seem quite bothered.

C

Look at that terrible scenery with those obviously fake clouds.  Oh wait, never mind.  

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!  😉 

1 hour ago, SceneryFX said:

You're right, the default P3D bridges and scenery just blows it away...

TTe8jKX.jpg

is this FS2004?

5 minutes ago, desbean said:

is this FS2004?

It looks like FSX but it's P3D.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Is photogrammetry enabled?

Where is that setting?

Al

1 minute ago, ark said:

Where is that setting?

Al

Off the top of my head Options/General/Data.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Off the top of my head Options/General/Data.

You are correct-- thanks! I was looking under Graphics. Sigh.

Al

Guys.  Let's just be genuine here.  All the serious users of P3D do not run default.  So the ugly picture is something they would never see.  I get that the OP may have been harsh.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

4 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Guys.  Let's just be genuine here.  All the serious users of P3D do not run default.  So the ugly picture is something they would never see.  I get that the OP may have been harsh.  

I think what happened is the harsh words of the OP were met with harsh words by regular forum-goers.  Everyone could have just used nicer words...

The OP does have a point though.  Photogrammetry (I can see its enabled now on my PC - was hard to tell on my mobile), does look terrible from a long ways off.  (Long ways being 5+ miles.)  It wasn't always so.  In the alpha it was pretty sharp and you had nice skylines from 10+ miles away.  Of course they had to dumb it all down because the performance hit was too much.  So we end up with short range LOD and melted city skylines 😞

It's not too terrible if you're flying at a regular zoom.  But when you zoom up, yeah, it just looks bad.

Actually I would ask @BWBriscoe to try to disable photogrammetry and see if it looks a little better.  I should load from that range, but you'll be seeing default-ish buildings but still get the Bing satellite images.

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

26 minutes ago, desbean said:

is this FS2004?

FS2004 looks much better than that cartoon simulator...

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 hours ago, SceneryFX said:

You're right, the default P3D bridges and scenery just blows it away...

TTe8jKX.jpg

You sir, have won the internet! 🤣

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

10 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I think what happened is the harsh words of the OP were met with harsh words by regular forum-goers.  Everyone could have just used nicer words...

The OP does have a point though.  Photogrammetry (I can see its enabled now on my PC - was hard to tell on my mobile), does look terrible from a long ways off.  (Long ways being 5+ miles.)  It wasn't always so.  In the alpha it was pretty sharp and you had nice skylines from 10+ miles away.  Of course they had to dumb it all down because the performance hit was too much.  So we end up with short range LOD and melted city skylines 😞

It's not too terrible if you're flying at a regular zoom.  But when you zoom up, yeah, it just looks bad.

Actually I would ask @BWBriscoe to try to disable photogrammetry and see if it looks a little better.  I should load from that range, but you'll be seeing default-ish buildings but still get the Bing satellite images.

exactly.  I get it.  People here are tired of being ripped on.  People in P3D also.  Each sim has things that are better than the other

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next