Sign in to follow this  
sanh

This sim is MAGNIFICENT

Magnificent but moody

• Like 2

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

1 hour ago, Noel said:

It's just a game though and not a real sim :blink:

If this is your definition of a game, then who really cares.  I’ll take “magnificent” any day of the week.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, VFXSimmer said:

...I’ll take “magnificent” any day of the week.

Those ""magnificent men in  those flying machines..."

• Like 2

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

13 minutes ago, sauviat said:

Those ""magnificent men in  those flying machines..."

One of the greatest movies ever made about flying.

• Like 2

Had a near zero visibility landing with rain and some crosswind at CYHZ a few hours ago, it looked great and was fun. I didn’t fly in third person, I did that for the screenshots.

1250410_20201226124453_1.png

1250410_20201226124545_1.png

This was the sim’s ‘live weather’ not REX or any third party injector.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 4

@Tuskin38 same with me ! Found that airport in my usual search at badbadweather.com for nasty weather, and went there doing circuits in the latest dev released of the FBW A32X NEO... Wow !  Great experience !!!

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS ceased development of MS FLIGHT...

23 hours ago, VFXSimmer said:

If this is your definition of a game, then who really cares.  I’ll take “magnificent” any day of the week.

It was a yoke dude--yes, MSFS is indeed magnificent right out of the box :smile:

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Another great experiance with approach into EDDH, wind, rain pounding the windscreen, visability poor, what other sim can give the same immersion. I have noticed for the past week or so they must be tweaking the weather as it's becoming far more realistic recently.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Well Asobo are game developers, and it still has a long way to transition from game to sim. At least with 2+ millions sales it will have the blessings from MS, so hopefully in time the budget can turn it to more sim like.

It was magnificent about 2 updates ago, now I don't know what to call it, maybe adequate and sometimes tolerable 🙂

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

12 hours ago, Greazer said:

Well Asobo are game developers, and it still has a long way to transition from game to sim. At least with 2+ millions sales it will have the blessings from MS, so hopefully in time the budget can turn it to more sim like.

I dunno...an RNP into CYLW ...to below mins...feels pretty simmy to me...maybe I'm biased.

https://youtu.be/QACx8YFzaFk

• Like 3

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

12 hours ago, Greazer said:

What will be the exact point when you will recognize its transition from game to sim?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I didn't know when I purchased Premium Deluxe upon release that I was being asked to invest in a work in progress not ready for serious simmers..  That being said, I'm still waiting.  Meanwhile, P3D v5.1 is my simulator of choice.