Sign in to follow this  
sanh

This sim is MAGNIFICENT

Not long ago I watched a YouTube clip filmed in the cockpit where an airliner was landing at an airport. The weather looked fine and calm during the approach but over the airport there was a massive rainshaft that was ominously visible from the cockpit. 

The pilots continued their approach. The runway and most of the airport was not visible due to the weather but this airliner continued heading right for that bad weather. 

As the plane neared the airport the turbulence increased and light rain streaked across the cockpit windows. As the plane approached the runway threshold the rain turned into a heavy downpour and visibility was atrocious. The rain was hammering the windscreen. The plane made a safe landing on autopilot.

I thought that happened in YouTube videos only, but that just happened using real weather in the a320 mod while landing somewhere in Indonesia.

I was hand flying the approach (never autolanded regardless of weather) and it was a case of land or go around? I decided to land. But if that was real life I would have stained the seat - no doubt about that.

Through the low clouds and downpours i could see the small shacks and tinned roof homes common to this part of the world during the approach. No generic textures and cardboard cut out autogen here. After landing right on the money and parking up, the heavy rain had turned to light rain and the sun was breaking through the clouds and a rainbow formed.

A fitting end to a reckless and dangerous manual landing I had the pleasure of enjoying.

Edited by sanh
  • Like 26

It is magnificent, isn't it. For all its growing pains, I'm hooked.

A wonderful way to end a thoroughly abhorrent year.

Somewhere over Egypt

Untitfdyhfgled1.jpg

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 6

sounds like a great experience that could of ended with a stain somewhere lol . despite of the current limitations FS2020 its a great experience (coming from a RWP ) we sure have come a long way since my first flight in FS95 ...

Image removed as image is no longer available.

The best part is, that with the state the FBW mod is in right now and the recent aerodynamic changes by ASOBO, even airliners are on a decent level now. Certainly not far behind a 40$ addon.

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Has the B787 and the B747 improved any bit? I've been flying only the A320 for a while.

• Like 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

King Martial Bossard and Mister Jorg Neumann have plans to make it even better!

mrrogersandkingfriday.jpg

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Try adding a 49" curved monitor and you'll be in heaven. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

36 minutes ago, Manny said:

Has the B787 and the B747 improved any bit? I've been flying only the A320 for a while.

Why don't you chose one, start it up, spread your wings and fly.

What's the worst that can happen?

(If you're going to though, make sure you temporally remove the A320NX Mod if you have it, from the Community folder as there's a conflict between that and the 747 at the moment.)

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

12 hours ago, Fielder said:

King Martial Bossard and Mister Jorg Neumann have plans to make it even better!

lol... there actually is a small resemblance. 😄

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

It's indeed a great sim in many ways, even with the various details that need to be addressed by ASOBO But something tells me they will try to do their best and as fast as they can ! It's really a dynamic Team !

Meanwhile, I enjoy my short hops in MFS, using the Ground Services, a kind of stuff I never had bought as an add-on for any other platform.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS ceased development of MS FLIGHT...

Yes really enjoying FS2020, I think it is absolutely magnifico.......love it!!!!! 

Regards

Paul EGCC

21 hours ago, sanh said:

Not long ago I watched a YouTube clip filmed in the cockpit where an airliner was landing at an airport. The weather looked fine and calm during the approach but over the airport there was a massive rainshaft that was ominously visible from the cockpit. 

The pilots continued their approach. The runway and most of the airport was not visible due to the weather but this airliner continued heading right for that bad weather. 

As the plane neared the airport the turbulence increased and light rain streaked across the cockpit windows. As the plane approached the runway threshold the rain turned into a heavy downpour and visibility was atrocious. The rain was hammering the windscreen. The plane made a safe landing on autopilot.

I thought that happened in YouTube videos only, but that just happened using real weather in the a320 mod while landing somewhere in Indonesia.

I was hand flying the approach (never autolanded regardless of weather) and it was a case of land or go around? I decided to land. But if that was real life I would have stained the seat - no doubt about that.

Through the low clouds and downpours i could see the small shacks and tinned roof homes common to this part of the world during the approach. No generic textures and cardboard cut out autogen here. After landing right on the money and parking up, the heavy rain had turned to light rain and the sun was breaking through the clouds and a rainbow formed.

A fitting end to a reckless and dangerous manual landing I had the pleasure of enjoying.

It's just a game though and not a real sim :blink:

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

20 hours ago, Drumcode said:

Try adding a 49" curved monitor and you'll be in heaven. 

Try adding a vr headsett and your in heaven times ten. 😁🤞

40 minutes ago, Noel said:

It's just a game though and not a real sim :blink:

You can improve that, just recruit a friend to assist:

• when there is turbulence have them shake your chair about, also have them bring you coffee and then randomly spill it in your lap
  • If you have a particularly hard landing get them to whack you with a bat across the back of the head
  • in open cockpit aircraft, wear goggles and direct a fan at your face, if it rains have them spray water into the fan
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

You can improve that, just recruit a friend to assist:

• when there is turbulence have them shake your chair about, also have them bring you coffee and then randomly spill it in your lap
  • If you have a particularly hard landing get them to whack you with a bat across the back of the head
  • in open cockpit aircraft, wear goggles and direct a fan at your face, if it rains have them spray water into the fan

LOL!  😆

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.