Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

UK World Update delayed to 16 February

Really looking fwd to Tuesday

I got Msfs2020 up and running yesterday morning..I had the best and most immersive experience in a flight sim...That euphoria lasted about 5 hours in total. I was in and out of the sim no problem....Then disaster.... Crash to desktop shortly after hitting the "fly" tab...Nothing ,absolutely nothing can get this sim running. 

I know it's ground breaking technology ,but hey Flight Sims have been around for quite a while and I would have thought lessons had been learned from previous "publications".

Anyway ,just saying ; love the sim ;disappointed at the present situation re the CTDs ;and really wish the devs. all the very best to get this baby flying trouble free.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, neil0311 said:

Would we? They put out a product that we all purchased. They’re now adding content and value...for free.

When did we ever get this level of updates and free content from the MSFS team? Never.

The product isn't done.  Previous Microsoft sims were released complete, then needed a couple of service packs to fix bugs.  Then we were left alone for the 3DPs to work their magic.

This sim has issues with the scenery (mostly issues introduced after release, spikes, water climbing up hills, etc), issues with the aerodynamics and flight model (twin engine aircraft static thrust, flap behavior, lack of official support for supersonic flight, etc), glaring missing features that were in FSX (replays, rotorcraft, flyby and other camera views, supersonic flight, multi screen support, multiple aspects of the API).

Getting the sim completed with what is missing depends on MS/Asobo delivering timely and regular updates and us trusting their communication about those updates.

After all, they promised us a 10 year journey to fix all the missing stuff.  Joy!

Worst of all, the constant changes create a moving target which has put some of the larger 3DPs off from starting their magic-making.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

56 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

............ apart from knowing when to empty my community folder, as its mostly all UK stuff 🙂

Graham

Is this a thing then? I’ve only just started populating my Community folder. Is it just a case of emptying it, updating, then shoving it all back in?

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

You guys can't make them code faster but you can make them stop giving us release dates, if you're negative whenever this happens.

• Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

Given the large bugs that have been pushed out in prior updates, I wonder what was so broken that the people "upstairs" decided to delay.  Must be really bad.

Or they’re just being extra cautious because of previous reaction.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

12 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

Previous Microsoft sims were released complete,

Oh good lord, no.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

13 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well they are, they are now beta testing and delaying if needs be but..no like I said people are never happen in MSFS world. Release...moan...delay..moan. 

Here we go, the ‘stop moaning be happy brigade’.
The above doesn’t address what I mentioned earlier and that’s not combining hotfixes for major issues with these world updates as it just adds to the frustration when we’re waiting over a month for an issue that has a fix waiting for what 5 weeks now. Is that moaning? Really? Well so be it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WestAir said:

You guys can't make them code faster but you can make them stop giving us release dates, if you're negative whenever this happens.

Thats fine .. if they give a release date  and cant keep em or communicate immediately when they cant meet them then whats the point?  I dont need hard dates anyway. Give a range and meet the range. No big deal.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

15 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Well maybe that is the answer then, to take the pressure off them.  No good coding under too much pressure - I tied myself up in knots today trying to rush and ended up going back to square 1 and going for a fresh start tomorrow from a backup.

They published the dates though - they put pressure on themselves. On extra content I would be happy for them to say it is ready when it is ready, but they should be a bit better on the bug fixes, especially on the ones they have created themselves (spikes, coastlines etc.)

I tell you where the real pressure comes from though - the guy at the top. You can almost feel the tension on the twitch videos.  

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, ronh99 said:

Think it's the 18th now for the rover.

What, are Asobo handling that too?

I jest!😊 

Being in the UK, this is an update I've been looking forward to, more than the other World Updates, so yes, it's annoying that it's slipped again. But I'm not going to miss any sleep over it - I'm missing sleep over far too many other things for it to bother me that much. Besides, it looks like most of the hand-crafted items will be outside of my location so it's not the biggest deal.

As for all the "They must have known it was going to be delayed before now", you can have your car all fuelled up and valeted but have your engine fail, have your bicycle freshly cleaned and lubed and have your chain inner tube unexpectedly deflate or be ready to go for a walk and have your shoe lace snap. Not every delay is predictable, even when things appear to be going to plan.

Edited by 109Sqn

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

42 minutes ago, Steku said:

and left the product unsupported for the Christmas break. Total radio silence.

Because it was Christmas break. Weird thing to complain about.  

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

I don't know how they can say 'locked in' for next Tuesday if they are still trying to iron out problems. 

They said it's in polish phase, which usually means there isn't any major issues.

4 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

Here we go, the ‘stop moaning be happy brigade’.
The above doesn’t address what I mentioned earlier and that’s not combining hotfixes for major issues with these world updates as it just adds to the frustration when we’re waiting over a month for an issue that has a fix waiting for what 5 weeks now. Is that moaning? Really? Well so be it. 

Well its better to look on the bright side since we get updates all the time unlike FSX and any other sim but hey dont be happy or look on the bright side just moan and keep drinking that half full glass you drink out of, its not even half full its gone.

The terrain spike probelm was solved the next day with a mod....yes the coastline is a probelm but hey...how old is the sim and how many updates are to come.

So Really, Well so be it....moan away. 

Sorry for being positive over the sim, really sorry for seeing the furture of flight simming and enjoying the journey.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Because it was Christmas break. Weird thing to complain about.

Quite unprofessional practice to release massive change in the product, knowing the next day the entire team will be out for two weeks, leaving million of the customers face to face with the malfunctioning software (terrain spikes all over the world).

Edited by Steku
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

The terrain spike probelm was solved the next day with a mod...

They claimed million sold copies. How many of all these users are able to discover and apply such mod?

1 minute ago, Steku said:

They claimed million sold copies. How many of all these users are able to discover and apply such mod?

With a simple search or like you do read forums.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip