Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

Just Flight PA-28R Arrow III (for MSFS) released

Given Carenado patched their PA-28 post-MSFS patch to sort its flaps issue out, I figured my Chock's Hangar Just Flight vs Carenado PA-28s Showdown video deserved an update. So if you watched my showdown video between this Just Flight Arrow and the Carenado PA-28 and were considering the other choice, this makes things a bit more up to date and fairer in relation to their current states, plus you get me murdering a very nice song, and for a change this is a very short video. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

7 minutes ago, Chock said:

Given Carenado patched their PA-28 post-MSFS patch to sort its flaps issue out, I figured my Chock's Hangar Just Flight vs Carenado PA-28s Showdown video deserved an update. So if you watched my showdown video between this Just Flight Arrow and the Carenado PA-28 and were considering the other choice, this makes things a bit more up to date and fairer in relation to their current states, plus you get me murdering a very nice song, and for a change this is a very short video. 🤣

Really don't know why stick Carenado in JF Arrow thread. LOL But anyway I just watched your take off  with absolutely no right rudder after lift off and TC ball perfectly in the middle. This not how real airplanes fly in general in Arrow in particular. With or without latest "flap fix", default 172 has more realistic  FM than Carenado Arrow. Carenado never cares. Money was just a foster child LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

it was one of the best flights in a sim I have ever taken, and I started simming in the late 80's.  I love this aircraft. 

I've been at it for a long time and I would have to agree, normally I find fault and I'm critical where critique is due in lots of simming products but this is a near masterpiece for a VFR flight immersion. I just did one 2hr flight and I've experienced something that I haven't with other aircraft to date.

I think the idling is a tad to high and flying VOR-VOR I wasn't able to hear the code over the engines but those are minor things and the flight was very smooth, no turbulence at all. Well done JF.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

3 hours ago, FPStewy said:

I've been at it for a long time and I would have to agree, normally I find fault and I'm critical where critique is due in lots of simming products but this is a near masterpiece for a VFR flight immersion. I just did one 2hr flight and I've experienced something that I haven't with other aircraft to date.

I think the idling is a tad to high and flying VOR-VOR I wasn't able to hear the code over the engines but those are minor things and the flight was very smooth, no turbulence at all. Well done JF.

I reported NAV 1 morse ident missing in beta. JF is aware. Hopefully fixed soon

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Enjoying this aircraft since I bought it.  I have not flown too much as I am looking for places to fly without bringing on the stutter / pausing issue (not plane related of course).

A few brief notes: -

I like it in general, and it is nice to have some depth to an aircraft.
I see the textures overhead that people are talking about, but I don't look up there much! :smile: A little sharpening tweak wouldn't hurt though.
It does seem to jiggle / twitch about a lot in flight compared to other default and 3PD aircraft.
I have to feed in 2.5 degree right rudder trim to keep it straight, otherwise the left wing constantly dips.  My Xplane version did this also.  Not needed with any other aircraft.  Maybe this is realistic?
I love the way it lands.  You can really feel the suspension and each independent wheel as it hits the surface.

PS.  Loving the Flying Iron Spitfire as well as this - a couple of great aircraft.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

6 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

LOL But anyway I just watched your take off  with absolutely no right rudder after lift off and TC ball perfectly in the middle.

Its like this in all the aircraft though isn't it? The ball barely ever moves. (On hardest settings) 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Sticky said:

Whew...starting to think I was the only one. I love the JF PA28 but wow it flys awful...a million jittery micro pitch isolations on final is just weird.

It's probably related to the issues after the latest patch, I've only experienced stuttering with JF Arrow at the same places I do with all the other aircraft I use.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

6 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Really don't know why stick Carenado in JF Arrow thread. LOL But anyway I just watched your take off  with absolutely no right rudder after lift off and TC ball perfectly in the middle. This not how real airplanes fly in general in Arrow in particular.

Because it was a correction to a Carenado vs Just Flight PA-28 video, which you apparently haven't watched. I mention on that video the lack of rudder correction needed on the Carenado PA-28 when comparing it to the JF Arrow amongst the many aspects which get compared, but this video was an amendment specifically to the flaps issue comparisons.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

17 hours ago, Sticky said:

Whew...starting to think I was the only one. I love the JF PA28 but wow it flys awful...a million jittery micro pitch isolations on final is just weird.

watch this vid from 13:50 and change to suit. Its smooth as silk with me. I set 30/30 but you might need a diffrent setting.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

39 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Its like this in all the aircraft though isn't it? The ball barely ever moves. (On hardest settings) 

Yup. The turn and slip indicators in all flight sims are absolutely bloody laughable; almost without exception they are farcically unrealistic in the way they move (or rather don't move) and pretty much always have been.

But you know flight simmers, they'd rather slag off a flight sim because it has trees which are not visible from fifty miles away, than point out basic stuff with the instruments that is wrong, which is why stuff like that never gets addressed.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 6

Alan Bradbury

7 minutes ago, Chock said:

Yup. The turn and slip indicators in all flight sims are absolutely bloody laughable; almost without exception they are farcically unrealistic in the way they move (or rather don't move) and pretty much always have been.

But you know flight simmers, they'd rather slag off a flight sim because it has trees which are not visible from fifty miles away, than point out basic stuff with the instruments that is wrong, which is why stuff like that never gets addressed.

Flightsims tend to be designed by gaming devs who are not engineers and flown by gamers who are often not pilots  😄

Asobo needs to hire this guy:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FPStewy said:

I fixed the fast idle with the tip on this thread. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Chock said:

This is true, obviously. But since (at least for me) it is almost impossible to center the slip indicator without the sensation of a slip only by watching the little ball on the screen, I just ignore it. Don't know if that would be dangerous or just unpleasant in real life, though.

I am a tree distance watcher, too, sometimes, but I really loath the tree distance moaners - many of them probably zoom to the max every other minute just to indulge in disappointment.

The Arrow looks very good in all the videos I watched so far and I am bracing myself now to dive (not so very) deep into my pocket to find 38 Euros.

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I fixed the fast idle with the tip on this thread. 

Is that new rpm value realistic? Or is just a workaround so the plane wont move at idle?

Juan Ramos