Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

Just Flight PA-28R Arrow III (for MSFS) released

4 minutes ago, xender said:

Is that new rpm value realistic? Or is just a workaround so the plane wont move at idle?

I've seen idle RPM from 600-800, depending on airframe. 
And some planes will move at idle "a.k.a creeping" (depending on surface and incline ofc).

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

watch this vid from 13:50 and change to suit. Its smooth as silk with me. I set 30/30 but you might need a diffrent setting.

Standard settings works great for me with the JF Arrow, but for all other aircraft I have to reduce the sensitivity to about -30.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

56 minutes ago, xender said:

Is that new rpm value realistic? Or is just a workaround so the plane wont move at idle?

600 rpm is pretty typical. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, xender said:

Is that new rpm value realistic?

Realistic warm up RPM for something like an O-320 would be in the region of 800-1,000 rpm; it should drop no more than about 125 rpm on the mag check. The speed might seem a bit on the high side but the O-320 is air cooled, so it needs a bit of intake from the spinning prop moving the air around.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Just had a reply from JF Support to one of the bugs I sent in and it mentions they have an update planned for this week.

No details on what they hope to include but we should get an email when the updated installer is available.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Just had a reply from JF Support to one of the bugs I sent in and it mentions they have an update planned for this week.

No details on what they hope to include but we should get an email when the updated installer is available.

What was your bug about?

Juan Ramos

8 minutes ago, xender said:

What was your bug about?

This one was a problem I saw a couple of times with all the plane systems shutting down in flight (all switches etc turning to off) JF havent had any other reported cases and  I haven't seen this since Wednesday night (when it happened twice) so at the moment there's a decent chance it was just some weird user error 🙂

I also submitted one about the problems manually entering transponder codes along with some videos of the problem .

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 1

Well the response to pulling the flaps seems rather tame compared to the Carenado version.  😆  Sorry... I'm out!...

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

16 hours ago, FakeWayne said:

There is no Avionics switch on the aircraft.  Turning on the master battery will start up the GNS.

Hmmm well something is off then - and I am using latest GNS Mod

Thomas Derbyshire

Just now, sidfadc said:

Hmmm well something is off then - and I am using latest GNS Mod

I have avionics master switch binding on my honeywell quadrant . Even though JF Arrow doesn't have have one I always have to switch my quadrant "avionic switch" ON in order for GPS mod to come back to life!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I bought that Piper today and... welll... I need to get used to it. The aircraft requires almost constant braking on the ground with throttle set to idle and it is VERY nervous in the air, constantly changing it's heading, vertical speed, etc. It's so hard to make it fly straight and level, but perhaps those Pipers have it just like his...

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Kenjiro75 said:

I bought that Piper today and... welll... I need to get used to it. The aircraft requires almost constant braking on the ground with throttle set to idle and it is VERY nervous in the air, constantly changing it's heading, vertical speed, etc. It's so hard to make it fly straight and level, but perhaps those Pipers have it just like his...

It doesn't sound right. The plane is really stable. So stable in fact that i dont use its altitude hold function.

Juan Ramos

14 hours ago, xender said:

Yes, i was thinking the same. @mpw8679 try to check your controls for noise. you can also increase your dead zone.

It’s not a controller issue but thanks for the advice.  All other aircraft are smooth.  

• Like 1

Matt Wilson

23 minutes ago, Kenjiro75 said:

You had a lot of probelms with another aircraft and a lot of help from people you never replied to. The anwser to one of your probelms is only a few pager back.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

9 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

It’s not a controller issue but thanks for the advice.  All other aircraft are smooth.  

Same here.  Very 'fidgety'.  The only plane I have that does it..  I flew the Piaggio straight afterwards (same route / weather etc.) and it responded to airflow and turbulence with gentle rocking etc., but not the constant twitching.  Strange how some people have it and some people don't again, unless it is just down to individual perception.  Not a major issue for me though either.

I swear, with the other stuff that is happening (in game pauses etc.)  I think Asobo are giving us all different builds of the sim for a laugh!  😀

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.