Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

Just Flight PA-28R Arrow III (for MSFS) released

First time cold and dark, noob question how do I turn on the GNS 530??

Hmm this is weird, if I start from runway the avionics are on by default

If I start cold and dark and hit the "ready for takeoff" option on the EFB the GNS 530 doesn't switch on

If I start cold and dark I can't seem to switch on the GNS 530 at all, but then again there is no obvious "on" switch so not sure what the heck is going on.  

I am using the GNS Mod, not tried removing that yet...

Edited by sidfadc
  • Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

45 minutes ago, ark said:

If it is just the winds giving you a GNS530 ground speed around 20-25kts lower than the IAS, than if you do a 180 the GNS530 ground speed reading should be about 20-25Kts higher than the IAS.

Al

Yeah you're right, it's purely the wind component. Ignore me! 😁

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

2 hours ago, lambourne said:

I bought Headcorn and though it looks excellent it's an absolute stutterfest, seems to be very little optimisation. Shame, the detail is excellent. Stutters disappeared once I removed the airport so it's not the usual Asobo bug introduced with the last update.

Yeah I did notice its a bit fps intensive, for me it was pretty stuttery the first time I used it (when I loaded up there), but was much smoother the second time (when I landed there from somewhere else, which is strange.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

2 hours ago, sidfadc said:

If I start cold and dark and hit the "ready for takeoff" option on the EFB the GNS 530 doesn't switch on

If I start cold and dark I can't seem to switch on the GNS 530 at all, but then again there is no obvious "on" switch so not sure what the heck is going on.  

There is no Avionics switch on the aircraft.  Turning on the master battery will start up the GNS.

3 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Use the latest GNS530 Mod,

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

7 minutes ago, Sticky said:

Whew...starting to think I was the only one. I love the JF PA28 but wow it flys awful...a million jittery micro pitch isolations on final is just weird.

I really hope this is a bug that will be fixed.  I can’t fly it in its current state.  

Matt Wilson

3 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

I really hope this is a bug that will be fixed.  I can’t fly it in its current state.  

I don't understand why I don't see this. To me it is one smooth flying aircraft, and I have been simming for a very long time. Many , many Youtube reviews and nobody has complained about "jittery flyiing???" 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I don't understand why I don't see this. To me it is one smooth flying aircraft, and I have been simming for a very long time. Many , many Youtube reviews and nobody has complained about "jittery flyiing???" 

Same here super smooth to me

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

10 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I don't understand why I don't see this. To me it is one smooth flying aircraft, and I have been simming for a very long time. Many , many Youtube reviews and nobody has complained about m"jittery flyiing???" 

Me neither, and i do really long flights on this thing! (6+ hours etc). A really smooth aircraft overall

Juan Ramos

1 minute ago, Jetman67 said:

Same here super smooth to me

Sounds like controller issues to me. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, xender said:

Me neither, and i do really long flights on this thing! (6+ hours etc). A really smooth aircraft overall

I just flew around an area in New York State where I use to live, and about 1,000 Ft  AGL, it was one of the best flights in a sim I have ever taken, and I started simming in the late 80's.  I love this aircraft. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Sounds like controller issues to me. 

Yes, i was thinking the same. @mpw8679 try to check your controls for noise. you can also increase your dead zone.

• Like 1

Juan Ramos

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

I just flew around an area in New York State where I use to live, and about 1,000 Ft  AGL, it was one of the best flights in a sim I have ever taken, and I started simming in the late 80's.  I love this aircraft. 

Coincidentally im going from Quito, Ecuador, to Albany NY on the piper 😄. with stopovers every 6 hours or so

• Like 1

Juan Ramos

33 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Crazy. I do have it. Any turbulence at all and it is like Elaine dancing on Seinfeld. Very jerky. I'll take a video and upload it. So bizarre. 

• Like 1

Eddie
KABQ

2 hours ago, haskell said:

Crazy. I do have it. Any turbulence at all and it is like Elaine dancing on Seinfeld. Very jerky. I'll take a video and upload it. So bizarre. 

I love the comparison.  😂  I must admit that I did have a bad time with it when I flew over the rim of the grand Canyon.  Once back over level terrain, no problem.  No turbulence I suppose.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG