Sign in to follow this  
ctdlg

Member of the Happy Few Group

1 hour ago, bean_sprout said:

I luv MSFS very much. 🧡

Cheers

bs

Just flew into Longreach in western Queensland in the WT CJ4, and man what a nice approach - pretty much flat desert country but it's this little town where Qantas first started operations back in 1922. I kept a close eye on Task Manager and there wasn't one episode where GPU dipped and CPU core 1 maxed out with the resulting FPS drop. So I'm feeling lucky in Australia, ha ha. Maybe Australia is free of those special places which cause this behaviour.

Mike Beckwith

Well, if the word not allowed is causing word not allowed, then word not allowed is probably the word not allowed.

At the end of the day, word not allowed, is going to word not allowed, in which case, word not allowed. And when that happens, there's word not allowed you can do about word not allowed, unless you try word not allowed. Preferably with a banana.

• Like 11

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

My performance has been 100% consistent throughout every update. I can't think of anything that affected it. That's on two different computers. 

The only sadness for me is updates breaking or radically changing terrain. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Highmike said:

Just flew into Longreach in western Queensland in the WT CJ4, and man what a nice approach - pretty much flat desert country but it's this little town where Qantas first started operations back in 1922. I kept a close eye on Task Manager and there wasn't one episode where GPU dipped and CPU core 1 maxed out with the resulting FPS drop. So I'm feeling lucky in Australia, ha ha. Maybe Australia is free of those special places which cause this behaviour.

Nope

Hobart  International (YMHG) and nearby Cambridge Aerodrome (YCBG) in Tassie are pretty chronic.

Also in Newcastle there is a spot just west of Wallsend Airfield ( YWLM ) near the golf course that is bad though YWLM itself is fine.  The rest of Newcastle even though it is 3D photogrammetry is pretty good.

To be honest, MOST of Australia is pretty good, but not everywhere.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

8 hours ago, TacomaSailor said:

Just completed this flight exactly as shown in the flight plan above, but with a cruise altitude of 10,000'.  You can see my system is way underpowered, especially the GPU.  The flight was in day light with a "few clouds."  I was running Navigraph and the web based VFR map on a 2nd display.  Both displays are 1920x1080.   I am very careful to ensure no other applications are running and use Task Manager to stop everything that is not essential to the operation of MSFS.  

My settings are MOSTLY ULTRA with a some HIGH values.  I use TAA and 100 for rendering values.  

My average FPS was 30.2 with most of the time spent between 29 and 32.  The lowest I saw was 14 for about three seconds climbing out from San Juan Island and again as I started my descent over Bremerton.  I saw two brief periods of stutter with the FPS jumping from 16 to 19 and back for about five-seconds.   Flying over Puget Sound and Dalco Passage (just west of Seattle and KSEA) the FPS was very steady at 29 - 31. 

The sim is GPU limited ALL the time except during the brief low FPS periods where it alternated between Main Thread and GPU limits. 

I have NO (zero!) mods installed except for Navigraph.   

I am very pleased with the MSFS performance I get out of a smaller processor and old slow GPU!  Now, if only I could find a way to buy a 3060 or 3070 I would upgrade the processor and be even more happy. 

Thanks for replaying my flight. I did the flight again (TBM930 @ 3500 ft) with some settings reduced. It was a bit better, and close to that what you described. But my fps drops/stutters were at least 10-15 seconds long.

My main point: I've never been plagued with stutters on the very same flight before the recent updates. Even higher settings were possible pre SU3, reducing fps to 27-25 but w/o severe stutters.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

3 hours ago, Chock said:

Well, if the word not allowed is causing word not allowed, then word not allowed is probably the word not allowed.

At the end of the day, word not allowed, is going to word not allowed, in which case, word not allowed. And when that happens, there's word not allowed you can do about word not allowed, unless you try word not allowed. Preferably with a banana.

Nice one, you old word not allowed.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

3 hours ago, Chock said:

I' loving your word not allowed comments, even with words allowed ...

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

6 hours ago, bean_sprout said:

I luv MSFS very much. 🧡

Cheers

bs

Very good!

We love MSFS 10 times more than you :wub:, That's why we take the risk of fighting.

• Like 2

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

2 hours ago, Nemo said:

Thanks for replaying my flight. I did the flight again (TBM930 @ 3500 ft) with some settings reduced. It was a bit better, and close to that what you described. But my fps drops/stutters were at least 10-15 seconds long.

My main point: I've never been plagued with stutters on the very same flight before the recent updates. Even higher settings were possible pre SU3, reducing fps to 27-25 but w/o severe stutters.

I also did your flight and posted a video.
I mentioned I got stutters. Those were 1/10th of a second long, far less than 5 to 15 seconds.

Short answer to people having problems : I never said I do not believe you because I do believe you.
When I can, I try to help.
I wrote I do not understand why some have problems, and some others are less impacted.
This means, technically speaking, I have no idea what is going on.
Some mentioned different computers, hardware, environment, internet bandwidth, etc ...
Probably a mixture  of everything, this is why it's so difficult to diagnose.

As mentioned by others, there is no truth, this is why this forum is so useful. We can suggest tricks - this does not mean we know our tricks will solve other's problems !
I did learn many things, thanks to others.

I should have added I'm really sorry for those having big problems in my 1st post. Well, it's never too late.

In French, my language, I would say : il faut se serrer les coudes !

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chock said:

I did try all of that Chock and although slightly better - not quite word not allowed as it was - it is still, basically, word not allowed unfortunately.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

16 hours ago, desbean said:

76T, Bishop. Otherwise known as Simfreeze Field.

Wow, I thought I'd try this and I can't even get the FPS counter to display! I reckon I'm talking SPF not FPS with this. Has this been reported to Zendesk? I guess I'll check this out and see if it is a constant on my PC.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Did a full re install yesterday  now ai traffic is much better. Definitely member of happy group. Graphics are excellent and getting good performance on a 3 and half year old pc.

7 hours ago, Chock said:

Ha ha ha 😂 🤣 😂

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 hours ago, filou said:

Very good!

We love MSFS 10 times more than you :wub:, That's why we take the risk of fighting.

Ah, is this the logic of the wife-beating husband that his "passion" is proof that he loves her more than non-beating husbands love their wifes?

SCNR

• Like 2

If @filou is unsatisfied with the updates and then has to defend his position, this sim is in trouble.

• Like 3

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.