Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

World Update IV Testing Opportunity

41 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

It's probably more for finding bugs that could delay the update then finding ones they can fix before release.

Exactly.

Hats off to those that have signed up. Hopefully there are some serious simmers amongst the group with some knowledge of systems and procedures.

• Like 3

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

not sure if it is breaking the NDA to note acceptance or not so I will only state that I may have made it in at 10:01 and then again I may not have.  Who can say? 🙂 

• Like 2

I didn't realize it was going to be a first come first serve, I thought it was going to be a random selection of 300 from whoever signed up.

Had I known that I probably would have been up at the sign up time.

Edited by Tuskin38

Congrats to those who opted in for this test and were accepted. May I suggest when you begin your testing, check out the new POI's, and make sure they show up when flying at a distance from your plane, and not when you are on top of the object. Most everyone knows that many POI's in the previous updates are coded improperly for distance viewing, and to this very date have not been fixedLet's see if this can be avoided this time.

Thanks for your consideration, and enjoy testing the new update!

Ken

To the folks that were accepted  - Congratulations and remember you have a HUGE responsibility now. Guess who will be blamed if the wheels come off when next update is released ?.

Just saying ... 😆

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

6 hours ago, badgenes said:

not sure if it is breaking the NDA to note acceptance or not so I will only state that I may have made it in at 10:01 and then again I may not have.  Who can say? 🙂

its fine to say you got in.  just dont talk about the simming experience of the beta version. simple.

• Like 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

1 hour ago, Brandon01110 said:

its fine to say you got in.  just dont talk about the simming experience of the beta version. simple.

Yup, whatever you do don't talk about how you paid 120 quid for a product which was busted and didn't do what it said on the tin, then somehow agreed to help the multi-billion Dollar company fix the busted product you paid for, without any pay or a refund or whatever, and you weren't allowed to tell anyone about it either.

Seems legit. Where do I sign? What time are they coming round to chat up my partner, kick my dog, jack my car and steal my TV? 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 7

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

55 minutes ago, Chock said:

Yup, whatever you do don't talk about how you paid 120 quid for a product which was busted and didn't do what it said on the tin, then somehow agreed to help the multi-billion Dollar company fix the busted product you paid for, without any pay or a refund or whatever, and you weren't allowed to tell anyone about it either.

Seems legit. Where do I sign? What time are they coming round to chat up my partner, kick my dog, jack my car and steal my TV? 🤣

ROTF

Another update coming.. What could possibly go wrong????😝

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

7 hours ago, SAPilot said:

To the folks that were accepted  - Congratulations and remember you have a HUGE responsibility now. Guess who will be blamed if the wheels come off when next update is released ?.

Just saying ... 😆

Sure we do. Especially since the developers have a whopping 30-40 work hours from we get access to the beta until it is publicly released. Imagine all the things that can be fixed in that time. /s

Edited by espent

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

16 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

In our continued efforts to provide the best experience for our community we are looking for 300 individuals to help us test World Update IV starting on April 7th 2021 

These valorous testers have already been nicknamed the Molon Labé crowd. Don't ask me why.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Reading the post and between the lines it's clear this beta test is to test performance, which is reasonable after the last World Update performance issues. Testing 1 week before release means unless its absolutely critical it will not be fixed. General bugs reported will not be fixed. Its performance they are concerned and interested in.

I look forward to all the angry posts post release about Asobo "ignoring" their bug reported in the beta testing phrase.

Instead of taking the most active users they allow the first 300 who signed up to participate. Who’s awesome idea was that? I hope the China bots provide good feedback.

disclaimer: I am not interested to participate but shake my head when I read this nonsense 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Lukas Dalton

6 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Another update coming.. What could possibly go wrong????😝

That's the beauty of Microsoft Crash Simulator: that thrilling moment when you run it after the so-called update.

Will it BSOD on you? Will it go black? Or maybe this time it will ask for dvd #1 of a diskless version.

Or you may combine the update with a server outage and see what happens. Then again, they may lose track of you account and lock you out. 

On the other hand, the sim may actually start, only to offer a Powerpoint slideshow version of what used to be a flight simulator just minutes earlier. Or they may nerf your LOD and level all trees that are farther than a few miles ahead.

You may also get alien artifacts extruding from the ground where there was just plain terrain, or water crawling up the coast in assorted shapes.

On the engineering side, they may decide you have to fly with crippled flaps.

Yes, every update is full of surprises, and, lest you lose the thrill, it is compulsory.

Well done. Really.

Andrea

• Like 1