Sign in to follow this  
grandfred29

Taxi2gate LFPG release

4 hours ago, kavs8 said:

Apparently having a scenery like this is considered nit-picking lol. 

p3d-cdg.png

As I apparently have a more robust system then you, I didn't have 3D grass unchecked so I did not notice this.  

Eric 

T2G confirmed to me that they expect to release KMCO for P3D V4/5 soon. Badly needed scenery.

• Like 2

I installed the upgraded version of this scenery after paying for the upgrade however in my control panel it says it's version 1.0.  Can anyone confirm what version they see in the control panel?

Edited by barramundilure

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

11 hours ago, kavs8 said:

T2G confirmed to me that they expect to release KMCO for P3D V4/5 soon. Badly needed scenery.

I'm interested to see it.  I know I'm in the minority here.  But I'm still very happy with their old MCO (even in P3DV5) combined with true earth florida. 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Folks,

DO NOT forget to delete the old SODE file from 11bPilot Folder before installing the new scenery. Should save you a lot of time

3 hours ago, barramundilure said:

I installed the upgraded version of this scenery after paying for the upgrade however in my control panel it says it's version 1.0.  Can anyone confirm what version they see in the control panel?

I think that is correct, in my Simmarket Account it is also stated as V1:

TAXI2GATE_LFPG-V1_P3Dv5.exe

Greets,

Markus

Win11Pro - i713700KF - RTX3080Ti

12 hours ago, fio said:

Looks as if the update would be outdated again soon... or already be outdated...

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=27179.570

I will pass for the time beeing.

Regards
Michael

Could you please summarize what it says?  Can't access.  

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

1 hour ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Could you please summarize what it says?  Can't access.  

Three of the terminal 3's satellites at CDG were torn down a while back and they're building one singular concourse to replace them. This release from T2G does not include any of those changes.

On 4/21/2021 at 7:35 PM, F737NG said:

What a rubbish take.
The suggestion boils down to accepting products in any unfinished/sloppy state just because we don't get that many in P3D any more.

Well, P3D has the following add-ons in the pipeline:

• Flightbeam: NZAA and LFBO
  • MK-Studios: LIRF, LPPD, GCFV (v2), EFRO, GVSV, LPPR, EICK and EKVG (v2)
  • Orbx: KBOI, KPBI, LDSP, LKPR, ENTO, KVNY, YMEN (v2), ESSB and even another TrueEarth product.

And a lot of these will be to a higher standard than T2G's latest efforts.

You’ve listed three devs that i respect, and i’ve spent hundreds of dollars on their airports since MSFS was released. I will buy anything that flightbeam releases, and almost anything from MK-studios.

Fly Tampa also deserve to be on that list.

As for Taxi2Gate - they’re not a developer that has impressed me over the past year or so. Largely missing in action, and this does seem like a minimal-work-possible release (no dynamic lighting on a full-price payware release in 2021??)

I’m all for supporting devs who support the p3d platform, but i also have no issue with others calling out a lazy cash-grab when they see it.

As for me, i’ll buy LFPG because I want the airport in question, but I won’t do so with the enthusiasm that I reserve for developers like Flightbeam, FlyTampa and MK-Studios.

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

21 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

(no dynamic lighting on a full-price payware release in 2021??)

This isn't true though. Whoever said that is wrong. 

I'm thinking this update may have been released prematurely with several obvious elevation issues in P3D v5.

It's been a while since I visited T2G's forums...only to discover they are no longer active. (Red flag!)

The first issue I had trying to install the scenery outside of the sim (and using the Lorby AO Manager to install via XML) was that none of the building structures were visible. Despite deleting/uninstalling my previous version, I had a duplicate scenery entry that was messing up the install...got that resolved.

The installation documentation is very poor...possibly updated from FSX (and likely, poorly translated from another language).

I have this scenery currently layered at the top of my sceneries (in the order recommended: (LFPG-Layerup, LFPG, LFPG-Terrain) so I shouldn't have any conflicting bgl's.

In the first photo, there is a huge "hole" just north of the A Terminal under the first building and running east under the roadway structures.

huwsoQm.jpg

In this second photo, top center, the taxi overpass is not aligned to the terrain.

M1jiaKW.jpg

I've contacted T2G via their email support...so far, no contact.

I've tried the grass textures on/off as previously suggested...that actually takes out some of the buildings...I'm not sure if the two buildings in the middle-right of the second photo are T2G or default...they almost look default.

I'm going to try to be optimistic and believe that my email has gone unanswered because they are working on fixes for this scenery.

I hope they don't do their "gone dormant act" as they're done in the past...they do have the capability to make nice looking sceneries. Fingers crossed.

i have not installed this scenery yet so can't comment specifically, but for anybody having elevation issues I would highly recommend you use Little NavMap to see what airport information bgl files (including AFCAD and altitude corrections) are being loaded. Sometimes you think you got them all, and then it turns out there is another one hidden somewhere. For those that have never used it, simply install it and when opening it let it scan your scenery library. Then go LFPG and in the airport information tab it will show the scenery files from which it takes information. Very useful function that has helped me many times to suss out problems with default buildings, elevation issues, misaligned parking spots, etc. All this is just to rule out that the problem is not really on your end due to some conflict.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I was going to pick this up but after reading all of the comments, I installed the v4 rendition with the Inibuilds fix. It all looks fine to me so, I will wait until they get everything sorted out with the new version before I bite.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot