Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

Seafront: Vessels Enhanced AI and Global Shipping!

I've noticed with the default boats, they will stop if you land in front in front of them. I don't know if that's something that also happened in FSX.

Doesn't happen with Henriks from what I've seen, just the default MSFS boats.

Very nice!

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Looks really nice!

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I assume the second pack 'forces' ships on you? 

Because in the near year I've inhabited the sim I have seen two - that is two, also known as 2 - ships in motion across the entire planet. And that's with the slider turned up to the max. 

2 minutes ago, superspud said:

Because in the near year I've inhabited the sim I have seen two - that is two, also known as 2 - ships in motion across the entire planet. And that's with the slider turned up to the max. 

Me too. This says - NOTE: This does not add more traffic but upgrades the default AI vessels.

Global Shipping would have to significantly up the traffic in the areas I fly to make it worth it for me. 

Edited by 6297J

2 minutes ago, superspud said:

Same.  Before using the ships addon, I saw only a few yachts and leisure craft.  I think I'll pass on this for now and continue with the free addon which, by all accounts will get updated to new models over time. If it include more traffic then I'd jump at it. 

Just now, badger2000 said:

If it include more traffic then I'd jump at it. 

I presume that's what the second pack does. I'd like to know for sure though. 

• Like 1

It does sound like the "Global Shipping" product would do such as a thing as it does state: "We have flooded the seas with around 50,000 routes and tens of thousands of high-quality, PBR, night-lit utility, fishing and cargo ships" (Requires Vessels: Enhanced AI for it to work)

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

Hi All,

Global Shipping does indeed add many, many more routes into the oceans so if you're somewhere that has shipping in the real world you should be seeing them (we obviously set sliders at 100% and recommend 80%+ but anywhere from 60% will start to introduce the ships).

Enhanced AI uses the routes and AI 'wanderboats' that are in the sim by default. You should definitely be seeing these in the bays and coastline pretty much everywhere. I believe the sim uses the population of nearby towns and cities to 'decide' how many boats to put in the water. With the sails, LODs and night lighting you should notice them more than before. For example:

This is Global Shipping traffic in the Singapore Strait, note the ships off in the mist too.

1627394708_seafront-vessels-global-shipp

This is pure Enhanced AI traffic (albeit without wakes as it was an earlier build) near Tokyo.

1627644744_seafront-enhanced-ai-toyko.we

And a couple of shots of the two products working together that I took an hour or so ago (in Mumbai)

r39LYNx.jpeg

vvalAft.jpg

Edited by Seafront Simulations
  • Like 1

I like what I see, but how much impact in performance will it take?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

i bought it and all i can say is WOW ! different level to the free one and i can see ship waves behind the ships.. GREAT JOB !!!!!

Edited by RTK1972
  • Like 2

Carsten U