Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

Seafront: Vessels Enhanced AI and Global Shipping!

6 minutes ago, Seafront Simulations said:

We've optimised heavily with multiple LODs and they're native MSFS models too.

Thanks for reply, I will definitely buy this after i patch the game tonight 👍

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 hours ago, superspud said:

I presume that's what the second pack does. I'd like to know for sure though. 

Yes it does 🙂 - You should see more around the Channel Islands (north of Alderney heading out of the English Channel) too @superspud

Looks very good, I’m interested in how traffic is generated (living in a port city I’m keenly interested in ship traffic).  Are ship assignments somewhat random, or are they based on companies’ real world routings to some extent?  Ie will appropriate long distance ferries appear in the right places, will I see bulk carriers/container ships that are appropriate to the real world?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Liked the look of this, especially for when i am flying VFR, bought via Orbx.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

18 minutes ago, Seafront Simulations said:

Yes it does 🙂 - You should see more around the Channel Islands (north of Alderney heading out of the English Channel) too @superspud

Could you overcome the issue that all ship traffic is rendered at sea level with your addon? Or does it not show ships on any waterous body not being at sea level, e.g. the Caspian Sea, Lakes and Rivers?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

5 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Could you overcome the issue that all ship traffic is rendered at sea level with your addon? Or does it not show ships on any waterous body not being at sea level, e.g. the Caspian Sea, Lakes and Rivers?

Alas no. We're also waiting on this being fixed by Microsoft in a future update. 🤞

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Purchased both - looking forward to trying out later 

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

1 hour ago, Seafront Simulations said:

Hi All,

Global Shipping does indeed add many, many more routes into the oceans so if you're somewhere that has shipping in the real world you should be seeing them (we obviously set sliders at 100% and recommend 80%+ but anywhere from 60% will start to introduce the ships).

Enhanced AI uses the routes and AI 'wanderboats' that are in the sim by default. You should definitely be seeing these in the bays and coastline pretty much everywhere. I believe the sim uses the population of nearby towns and cities to 'decide' how many boats to put in the water. With the sails, LODs and night lighting you should notice them more than before. For example:

This is Global Shipping traffic in the Singapore Strait, note the ships off in the mist too.

1627394708_seafront-vessels-global-shipp

This is pure Enhanced AI traffic (albeit without wakes as it was an earlier build) near Tokyo.

1627644744_seafront-enhanced-ai-toyko.we

And a couple of shots of the two products working together that I took an hour or so ago (in Mumbai)

r39LYNx.jpeg

vvalAft.jpg

going to give this a try (via orbx) - just wondering what the suggested settings are? (remember the freeware Global AI package was 6%)

45 minutes ago, Seafront Simulations said:

Silly question possible but have you managed to model short haul ferries like the one just outside London City airport which only hops backwards and forwards across the river Thames but the size and models of current MSFS ferries are laughable?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

4 minutes ago, mac44 said:

going to give this a try (via orbx) - just wondering what the suggested settings are? (remember the freeware Global AI package was 6%)

this is what i have seen 

between 60-100% (they will not show below 60%).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FSUK_86 said:

this is what i have seen 

between 60-100% (they will not show below 60%).

thanks for the reply - (will need to check my options) but presume this is for the ships and ferries slider (that previously for the freeware one you need to set at 6%?

How many models do you have all in all? Like the exact number.
I'd like some variety and I love the freeware pack for those refreshing submarine and military ship stuff every once in a while.

Hello,

pls think about bundle version so ALL in ONE like Henrik's free addon. Package will look more interesting and could be cheaper perhaps (for us, users).

I see that traffic needs your models so there is no need to sell AI traffic and models separately if traffic requires models? So proposition is: 1/ only models 2/ models plus traffic?

It could be a bigger incentive for new clients i guess. And my second proposition - demo of model and traffic. Personally I dont know why, but I never saw any vassels in MSFS from the one year 😄! My slider is set up at 50% level for ships traffic, I fly a lot in Alaska and close to oceans or seas, I dont use Henrik addon, just default. Dont know why I never see any ship in MSFS LOL.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2