Sign in to follow this  
V1ROTA7E

Kodiak Review Thread

I've got this in my cart but it took for ev er just to place it there.  I'll probably wait till things cool down there to buy it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

HI, I use a Saitek throttle quadrant; I can't get reverse thrust set up. Even the default 'J' keyboard short cut does not work. 

The only way I get reverse thrust is to use my mouse to grab hold of the thrust lever.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Robin

32 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

HI, I use a Saitek throttle quadrant; I can't get reverse thrust set up. Even the default 'J' keyboard short cut does not work. 

The only way I get reverse thrust is to use my mouse to grab hold of the thrust lever.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

See specific topic in this forum.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

I'm planning to buy this. Looking forward to having another Turboprop with glass avionics.

Quick question: is it possible to disable the ugly passengers that appear when you load the plane?

10 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I'm planning to buy this. Looking forward to having another Turboprop with glass avionics.

Quick question: is it possible to disable the ugly passengers that appear when you load the plane?

I dont think so. But there's an easy fix: Fly the cargo variant and fill it with boxes! Passengers complain too much anyway

Juan Ramos

8 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I've got this in my cart but it took for ev er just to place it there.  I'll probably wait till things cool down there to buy it.

I purchased from Just Flight, no issues from that server what so ever. Excellent bird too. Also, a lot of people mentioned the major torque on takeoff but I didn't experience it. Throttle up slowly and she purrs down the runway.

• Like 3

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Hi guys,

I tend to be faithful to my Turbo Arrow, in fact I do all the VFR flights on this aircraft, but after reading you and seeing such good reviews, I'm curious to have it in my hangar,

Thank you all for your impressions, I think that in the end I will buy it .... 🤗🤗

• Like 1

i7 11800, RTX 3070, 32Gb RAM, 2Tb

It’s definitely one of the best aircraft in MSFS right now IMHO.  I usually reserve my weekend simming time for airliners since it’s when I have enough time to do some longer flights but I couldn’t pull myself away from the Kodiak this weekend, too much fun and enough of a challenge that it’s very satisfying to fly when you get it right.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

You must be able to as i don't see any with the passenger version, just empty seats.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, Milosensas said:

Thank you all for your impressions, I think that in the end I will buy it

Worth every penny, you won't regret it, this is one bird you will have to fly by the book.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Anyone else here thinking that the landing gear has no damping at all? Hard to describe but it "feels" like its rolling on wooden weels 😛

Except from this its a really neat plane that fits perfectly into my travelling plans!

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

59 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Anyone else here thinking that the landing gear has no damping at all? Hard to describe but it "feels" like its rolling on wooden weels 😛

Except from this its a really neat plane that fits perfectly into my travelling plans!

This video talks about the landing gear and how it was built to be extremely robust for bush flying and one of the side effects is it being stiff.

"You're not going to have the softest landings in a Kodiak but you can land just about anywhere"

One thing he mentions is the nose wheel and main gear are rated to hit a 9" tree stump without shearing off the gear. That's pretty wild. 

Edited by vrdubin6
Typo
  • Like 1

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

1 minute ago, vrdubin6 said:

This video talks about the landing gear and how it was built to be extremely robust for bush flying and on of the side effects is it being stiff.

"You're not going to have the softest landings in a Kodiak but you can land just about anywhere"

One thing he mentions is the nose wheel and main gear are rated to hit a 9" tree stump without shearing off the gear. That's pretty wild. 

Ok!

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

2 hours ago, Car147 said:

You must be able to as i don't see any with the passenger version, just empty seats.

My understanding is that if you enter passenger weights above 120lbs they appear and disappear below that.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU