Sign in to follow this  
jon b

MILVIZ leaves P3D enthusiast market

5 hours ago, simbol said:

most people is moving to MSFS as their "full time simulator".

Oh God...

PS: Nothing against what you wrote but rather against what people are saying, that MSFS is a simulator. It's not... may be one day...

• Like 2

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4

I remember around October 2019 I released AILRP, and the comments in the reviews of the products (despite receiving 9.5 of 10) were brutal, so many people saying lights for AI models? this is the problem with P3D.. I am not buying some f..** lights.. MSFS will have everything and for FREE..

LOL!

Edited by Juliet Alpha

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4

44 minutes ago, Juliet Alpha said:

Oh God...

PS: Nothing against what you wrote but rather against what people are saying, that MSFS is a simulator. It's not... may be one day...

Oh well the old debate isn't? hehe. and yet it is what the Navigraph pool says in writing.. so don't shoot the messenger.. 

41 minutes ago, Juliet Alpha said:

LOL!

I didn't find those comments funny at that time m8.. they hurt really bad inside me.. imagine an artist showing his work after 14 months of heavy work.. and people telling him without any politeness comments like that.. it is really difficult to take that on your chin.. and no everyone can do it.. one of the hardest part of this Job is being able to take criticism, not because the critics.. but because the way people write over the internet..

They would never say things the same way face to face of course.. I don't understand why it becomes so difficult to certain people to be nice and polite when they are sitting behind a screen and keyboard and a mouse.. 

S.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I can say that AILRB easily is one of the most under rated addons out there.  

• Like 4

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I’ll be honest, I bought AILRB strictly to support the creator. 

Whenever they were active they tended to crash my sim for some reason. No crashes without but I couldn’t be bothered to look into it any further. I don’t even regret the purchase because I like the guy. 😛

1 minute ago, flycln said:

I’ll be honest, I bought AILRB strictly to support the creator. 

Whenever they were active they tended to crash my sim for some reason. No crashes without but I couldn’t be bothered to look into it any further. I don’t even regret the purchase because I like the guy. 😛

Contact me on my support forums, we will make it work.. and of course lots of stuff changed since then.. we are on version 1.36.. much more stable.

S.

@simbol

I think it’s worth adding to the comments by @Christopher Low and @micstatic above.

I never would have guessed your product would have made such a massive impact on the immersion of P3D until I bought it myself.

Its one of those things you don’t even realise you need until you have it and then you can’t go back.

Since installing AILRB I’ve  spent  countless  time at night flying across the Atlantic on the tracks ( real world) staring at  neighbouring aircraft making mental notes on their strobe and position light size and behaviour or watching landing lights while driving alone the LHR perimeter road to tweak my own AILRB settings.

I must say you’ve nailed it.

Whenever on an evening approach in the sim and I see another aircraft taxiing out with its lights on or picking something up on TCAS in the cruise and then spot it’s realistic strobes off in the distance  it always makes me smile at the realism you’ve added.

Please, rest assured your product means a great deal to me in bringing the real world aviation environment into my flight sim and to many other simmers , who actually own the product , as well I’m sure .

Its easy to say but I wouldn’t listen too much  to the comments of people who would have little need of your program as they are too busy flying their 747s under the Golden Gate Bridge to require this level of immersion.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

44 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Well...it's not that simple. Unless you're an AI addict like myself, you probably wouldn't' care. For me, it's a major game changer on the AI scene.

Thanks Jon,

I always focus on these type of comments.. it is what keeps me going despite of any adversities.. the joy of knowing I can make such impact on people immersion feels my heart with more passion to create new stuff.

I hope my upcoming product for the other platform will also make a difference to some there.. it has been developed with the same mindset.. little details is what really matters.. 😉 

S.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Yes, and it is an extremely difficult program to write and on top of that it is also very professionally produced.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Just to throw my 2cents in, I can attest to what and why Milviz and Simbol are doing.  After MSFS came out my simwest scenery product sales dried up.  Even with so many simmers wanting more realistic scenery to fly through in P3D.  So we pulled the plug and moved into the commercial market.  I must say while I really enjoyed seeing simmers fly inside our simwestPHOTOREAL series, the commercial market is more lucrative and stable.  We may come back to retail some day but for me its MSFS for my hobby (and my eye candy fix!), and P3D for commercial development. 

• Like 3

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

1 hour ago, simbol said:

didn't find those comments funny at that time m8.. they hurt really bad inside me.. imagine an artist showing his work after 14 months of heavy work.. and people telling him without any politeness comments like that

That's what the internet is at the moment... 😞

Edited by d.tsakiris
  • Like 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

38 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Well...it's not that simple. Unless you're an AI addict like myself, you probably wouldn't' care. For me, it's a major game changer on the AI scene.

Also for vatsim flying 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Yes, but it is a pain we will have to live with.

Msfs market place agreement states we have to keep updating.. Is a must, If we don't MS have the right to drop the product out.

This is something I am taking in consideration for product pricing.. People will have my support as usual 1000 percent commitment, but they can't expect that for 5.99 or 9.99 usd per copy if you know what I mean....

S.

Hi Simbol, MS is doing the right thing by enforcing such updating policies. Actually this is the argument I think most of us here in this thread are trying to make: if you promise fixes/updates/enhancements then fulfill that promise. Simple as that.

Those who whine about update fees or expensive pricing in the products need to be educated that this is what happens in a niche market. This is a hobby, and like most hobbies flightsim is and will continue to be more expensive. Many complaint about a $100 add-on but are running a GPU that costed them 3 grand. It's absurd.

This isn't about the decision to stay in a drought until you perish, so I am not blaming you, nor Milviz nor anyone else for that matter that is jumping the fence for greener pastures. As a business owner which provides both services and software I am 100% emphatic. The support you provide to your customers is light years ahead of Milviz and many other developers in the P3D market, and many of us will understand your decision to stay on support-only mode, because given the circumstances there's simply no choice. But, like I said... MSFS is doing the right thing by forcing developers to provide a 5-year support plan - this is something all developers should do even if that means increased costs. I don't like subscriptions at all, but developers don't live out from just air and hope. Thing is, going back to Milviz, they have made a tough but understandable decision, but I just don't share the way they chose to exit the P3D consumer market and leave many waiting for things they said they would do. Simple as that. Yeah, maybe I'm just old fashioned, but if you are an established brand in a niche market you do yourself a disservice by treating loyal customers with a kick in the rear.

Enrique Vaamonde

I really want to see what PMDG would bring into MSFS with their revamped NGX. No doubt that it would be eye-candy toy, however I'm willing to bet a good portion of money that there would be a lot of INOP buttons in the cockpit with "TBD" markings in the readme file.

I have a lot of hope in P3DV6. Yes, MSFS is a piece of garbage for veteran-procedural-simmer, but its visuals beat P3D and XP like 911GTS beats Prius.

• Upvote 1