Sign in to follow this  
jon b

MILVIZ leaves P3D enthusiast market

Milviz announced that they are leaving the P3D enthusiast market. They will still develop for the P3D commercial/ military market but these products will not be available to the enthusiast, but may in time get ported to MSFS.

They talk about the difficulties in getting complex study level systems into MSFS compared to P3D. At this time the state of MSFS means they can’t employ complex systems into the sim however the customer base of P3D has dried up to nothing with the release of MSFS , so they’ve decided to drop P3D enthusiast development.

It’s not entirely all bad news as they’ve now put all their legacy P3D products on sale at 50%, but without support.

I’d like to recommend their T38 redux V5 compatible to everyone, it’s now only $30.  It’s a very hard but realistic flight model to fly accurately and well , but very satisfying to master.

Doing daily VR circuits in the T38 kept my real world hand/eye coordination flying skills alive during a 10 month furlough in 2021

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

I was still holding my breath for the C310 for V5 but it looks like I will have to live without it now.😞

Johan Pienaar

I never have owned any of their products. Was looking forward to the atr. Oh well. Seems strange msfs though. Xp12 would have sounded more aligned with the then. I always had thought they had a reputation of producing realistic planes ?

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I can't help thinking this sort of policy is going to come back and bite some of these developers.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 7

Ian S

38.jpg

9 minutes ago, Ian S said:

I can't help thinking this sort of policy is going to come back and bite some of these developers.

Not for Milviz. In the video they explained their core business/highest priority is defense contract work. Also in the video, they announced the brand name Milviz will be split into a professional/defense contracts branch and a separate brand for entertainment (MSFS) products, further announcements will follow soon.

Edit: In the video they said they are selling no more than 3 or 4 P3D products per week these days...

Edited by hschuit
  • Like 1

They bought their Otter to P3DV5 after many months then the next hot fix broke it again. It may be they’re not selling because they are not developing or supporting anymore. Cause and effect. Disappointed customer here.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Vic green

19 minutes ago, hschuit said:

Not for Milviz. In the video they explained their core business/highest priority is defense contract work. Also in the video, they announced the brand name Milviz will be split into a professional/defense contracts branch and a separate brand for entertainment (MSFS) products, further announcements will follow soon.

Edit: In the video they said they are selling no more than 3 or 4 P3D products per week these days...

The are the most meaningless quotes though.  Like Aerosoft and FSDT saying the same thing.  Well duh.  Of course.  If you aren't releasing new titles eventually everyone who was going to buy your product will have already bought it.  

PS: I realize the p3d market has shrunk.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

The are the most meaningless quotes though.  Like Aerosoft and FSDT saying the same thing.  Well duh.  Of course.  If you aren't releasing new titles eventually everyone who was going to buy your product will have already bought it.  

PS: I realize the p3d market has shrunk.  

Not shrunk, cratered 

-B

• Like 1

Screw this - what about my King 350 Support?  Last update is from 2020.  Oh well, No more Milviz products for me again.  This is how you alienate your customers.  There should have been one more update pushed for 2021 but no.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 4

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

There is likely a lot more going on behind the scenes than we know at this point. There are lots of hints going around that the better developers are having a hard time getting deep system type products to work with the MS x-box thingy. The PMDG, A2A and now MILVIZ. I suspect that this is by design and I don't believe that problem is going to go away as it seems more and more likely that MS went into this thing intending that the Xbox was the target.

One thing I do know is that LM has not missed a beat in moving forward with Prepar3d. I also know that any normal person 12 years or older could make a good legal case in any court of law that LM is not stupid! They probably would not continue down this road if they did not know that someone is going to be making airplanes to fly around in this world they are developing. I don't know what form it will take but I think in the near future we will see MS simulator type aircraft and some form of more professional type aircraft for P3d and maybe even X-Pain. Yes you can bet those "Pro type" products will not sell for 29 USD LoL!! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Was a P3Dv5 compatible installer for the C310 redux ever released ?

If so I might grab that.

Another case of MSFS crushing the third party developer market for P3D but yet, their sim is in such a way that third party developers are having a horrid time getting aircraft of high system depth into it 19 months later. Thanks MS! 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Eric 

Maybe there will be a disturbance in the Force, and millions of voices will cry out in horror and disbelief when a major game server is switched off :wink::laugh:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

15 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Another case of MSFS crushing the third party developer market for P3D but yet, their sim is in such a way that third party developers are having a horrid time getting aircraft of high system depth into it 19 months later. Thanks MS! 

Yes!  You nailed it.  This is literally the worst part of MSFS.  If it would just get to the finish line I would probably use it more and then not care the devs all followed it over. 

• Like 4