Sign in to follow this  
RJC68

New TrackIR Alternative for MSFS 2020

19 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

and most of the time I forget I have it on. 

Ahhh...the joy of answering a knock on the front door whilst forgetting you’re wearing a baseball cap with the TrackIr clip on it!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Ahhh...the joy of answering a knock on the front door whilst forgetting you’re wearing a baseball cap with the TrackIr clip on it!

I walked out of my condo a couple of times with it on , a neighbor saw me, and got a funny look on their face....LOL

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

11 hours ago, pmb said:

It's 83 g, including the battery and the clip I attached.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks Michael,

I just realized I hadn't done it yet lol

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

10 hours ago, vcarlo said:

For us Yanks that's about 3 ounces.  Thanks to the OP. I'm gonna try this system out 👍

Mine was shipped today,

I am donating my existing PS3 Eye & Puck to my Son. I am excited to give it a try, I can also tell you that Roger's customer service ethics are amazing. He is an absolute pleasure to deal with on any level. 

Edited by RJC68
  • Like 2

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

On 4/3/2022 at 3:57 PM, ark said:

I agree. I have been using the simple TrackIR hat clip below for years without a problem. It's basically just a thin piece of metal with three reflective surfaces. I have made a few for others to use with some reflective tape. These home made clips attach to a hit brim with a common spring clip.

Al

spacer.png

Same here. And TrackIR just works and has for 20 years. I’ve had my current TrackIR 5 hardware for more than a decade.

Only issue for me was the bug in the software that’s been fixed. 

• Upvote 1

So I got my Puck delivered this week and it's pretty great. Using it with TrackIR without issue. It's a little bit bigger than I was expecting it to be but it's not heavy even with the AA battery and it seems solidly built, much more so than the flimsy TrackClip Pro. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

So I got my Puck delivered this week and it's pretty great. Using it with TrackIR without issue. It's a little bit bigger than I was expecting it to be but it's not heavy even with the AA battery and it seems solidly built, much more so than the flimsy TrackClip Pro. 

You can use it with the track IR sensor and software? 

4 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

You can use it with the track IR sensor and software? 

Affirmative 

• Upvote 1

On 4/4/2022 at 11:51 AM, SuperKaro2014 said:

Wow @udidwht - that must be some serious tracking with a Puck on each side of your headphones! 😉😂 My wife thinks I look silly already with just one Puck! Sorry couldn’t help it 🙏🏻

Well, if you're afraid you may look like a nerd while playing this you're playing the game the way it should be played!  😁🤣😂

• Like 2

Chris Camp

Well I just picked up my package from the mailbox,

Just need to persuade my dear wife to let me have some sim time tonight, better go make her dinner lol

Will update once setup and tested ....

• Like 2

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

18 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

Just need to persuade my dear wife to let me have some sim time tonight, better go make her dinner lol

I'll be interested to hear what you think.

- Aaron

7 hours ago, RJC68 said:

Remember to get the .ini files for MSFS from Roger’s website.

There’s a profile for both single and dual seaters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SuperKaro2014 said:

Thanks, I always was pondering why there are two files....

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Is there a tracking system that has smooth movement, more like your eye's real movement? All these just seem to jerk around.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

7 hours ago, SuperKaro2014 said:

Remember to get the .ini files for MSFS from Roger’s website.

I did download the whole package of profiles that Roger put together when I set the tracker up last night. I ended up using his default MSFS curve and tweaking it to my liking for my 42 inch 4K TV. I also uninstalled my current Opentrack software and all the PS3 Eye drivers so I could start fresh.

Have to say I am pretty impressed, I upgraded from the PS3 Eye package I got from Roger 2 years ago. Here are a few comments I noted from last night:

• Camera has a 240Hz sensor and operates up to 230fps making it super responsive 
  • I also found that while keeping my head as still as one can, the tracker actually stays still without an annoying deadzone and doesn't seem to wander constantly. I always struggled with that before
  • The camera has a 60 degree field of view and has 29% more viewing angle than the PS3 Eye. 180 degrees of head sweep allows the use of profiles that much more closely mimic natural head movement (I took this from the website)

I did a couple of short test flights in the TBM and Cessna 172, then a 2 hour leg in the A32NX and I am really liking the new system. I have never owned a TrackIR so cannot comment on the hardware but according to the specs Roger's kit should outperform it.

To purchase TrackIR 5 with the track clip pro here in Canada is $290 incl taxes which is literally double the price of the Monkey King tracker making it a real viable alternative.

Hope this helps anyone who is looking into head tracking

Richard

• Like 3

Richard

mmBbmS1.png