Sign in to follow this  
bendead

[19APR22] PMDG 737 Development Update: Let's talk about Earl

3 hours ago, DavidP said:

This will be first time I don't buy a PMDG product the instant it is available

who

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Car147 said:

It's the same little group that's been carrying out their little hate campaign since MSFS launched. Sad little people, best ignored.The only odd thing is, on every other forum they would be pulled up for it.

I've watched hours of the PMDG 737 flight in MSFS, it's in a very good shape as it is right now. I guess there is always something to nitpick but it's flyable from point a to point b.  It's actually in a better state than most aircraft addons that has been in the last 18 months.

• Like 5

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 minute ago, fogboundturtle said:

I've watched hours of the PMDG 737 flight in MSFS, it's in a very good shape as it is right now. I guess there is always something to nitpick but it's flyable from point a to point b.  It's actually in a better state than most aircraft addons that has been in the last 18 months.

No doubts here, i'll be buying it as soon as it's released.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

19 minutes ago, anden145 said:

The tone is really extreme and hateful

I guess things can run a bit hot at times. Anyhow, I'm enjoying the discussion. I think it's civilized... mostly. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

37 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Ill be writing one up when i get my hands on one.

My resume??? A current and typed pilot on the 737 at a major airline.

So what are your impressions of the MSFS PMDG 737 in the live streams or Youtube videos you have watched so far? Are the flight dynamics decent? What about the systems?

Just curious.  Another type rated 737 pilot in Fabio's stream right now, OffSchedDescent, said he was "impressed they (PMDG) have the speed trim modeled."  Seems like OffSchedDescent likes what he sees so far.  Of course, OffSchedDescent has only been able to watch it from a stream, rather than fly it in MSFS.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

40 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Ill be writing one up when i get my hands on one.

My resume??? A current and typed pilot on the 737 at a major airline.

Looking forward to the review. I might consider buying the bizjet variant - kind of miss my Ariandesign bbj. 

I do wonder if those up in arms about this have actually read the initial post. The content which will be further developed?

- High detail cabin for all passenger variants.

- High detail cabin for freighter variants.

- High detail cabin for BBJ variants.

- High detail gear bays for all models. (have you seen what a mess the gear bays are in the 737?)

- New flight tablet, to include performance computation process, control of aircraft options/simulation setup currently controlled through FMS menus, among other features.

Detailed cabins and gear bays. The way some people go on makes it sound like it's not shipping with a virtual cockpit. I honestly couldn't care less about a cabin with nobody in it. If it does come then it's a nice bonus to some people I suppose?

As for certain other elements, they're waiting on the SDK to be refined by Asobo. I don't think we can take issue with that. 

Is there really anyone saying 'well I was going to buy it on day one, but I couldn't possibly now I know it doesn't have a high detail gear bay.'

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

I agree. The only thing (among the gazillion things, which have been brought up as "totally unacceptable" flaws) so far, is the textures for the default livery. But it takes like 2 seconds, before someone (hint @Steve Dra 😉 ) to make liveries and paint-jobs which completely defeats this complaint.

Hoping for release soon. Really looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Coming direct from fs2004 and having never owned even the level D 767 or anything remotely serious in terms of proper feature set (Fed a diet of Posky/Project airbus + some half decent panel and that's it) I don't have "excess expectation baggage"  So I'm looking at a few of these supercritical posts with bemusement. Especially considering this is a different platform with different limitations and coding requirements to arrive at the same feature set.

Does Mr. Randazzo's marketing seem a tad excessive with the wall of txt and catch phrases. In my opinion .. yeah kinda. But I'm not purchasing Mr. Randazzo and hopefully i don't have to find myself on their forums too often needing support if this product is as good as touted.

Barring some show stopping bug on release or licensing procedure that i may find over the top I'm purchasing this within a few hours of release.

There are some things that are out of PMDG's hands and i understand that. I will also give them the opportunity to deliver on what they said they would deliver. If they don't then i can use that experience on any follow up purchases.

Happy flying 

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

33 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

So what are your impressions of the MSFS PMDG 737 in the live streams or Youtube videos you have watched so far? Are the flight dynamics decent? What about the systems?

Just curious.  Another type rated 737 pilot in Fabio's stream right now, OffSchedDescent, said he was "impressed they (PMDG) have the speed trim modeled."  Seems like OffSchedDescent likes what he sees so far.  Of course, OffSchedDescent has only been able to watch it from a stream, rather than fly it in MSFS.

Ive only seen it through streams and on an iphone lol. I think its a beautiful piece of software. I cant say much about intricate systems due to how the streamers set there videos up. 

it “looks” to fly differently than the p3d version and thats a fun thing to get excited about. 

Overall, if its the same depth of systems as the p3d version, there are such small things that wont be correct that the only way someone would know they weren't correct is if they have intimate knowledge and experience with the airplane. Aka….if you have never flown a 737, you wont know and therefore your experience will be freakin amazing.

• Like 2

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

37 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Looking forward to the review. I might consider buying the bizjet variant - kind of miss my Ariandesign bbj. 

I think the bbj is included in the -700 variant package. 

• Upvote 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

I understand you are judging this from a P3D-customer-perspective and are (justifiably so) disappointed by the lack of progress. But they were very clear that this is firstly all about getting this into MSFS in the first place, and updates only later. Sure, it's possible they don't deliver afterwards, so you can wait and see if you want to be on the safe side.
What I don't understand and what makes you sound badly informed, is the part about weather radar. Do you really not know whose fault that is?

Lol, "badly informed"? The reason for no weather radar is literally stated in the first post in this thread, straight from RSR's mouth.

You probably need to go back and read my rather wordy post again. I've read every thread on the PMDG forums about the aircraft since it was first announced - recovering cult member, as I noted - so I obviously wasn't expecting weather radar. 

1. I've already clearly stated that I'm not waiting. I'll purchase it on day 1 because I'll almost certainly going to buy it at some stage, so why not now. If you look at my sig on the left, you'll also note I'm not one for waiting - see Republic of Kiribati? 🙂 

Also, I think this plane will be free because of got the NGXu credit, so this is not exactly a big decision for me.

2. I've learned to be very cautious about things that are not in the PMDG product right now - because they sometimes never happen, or they take many, many years to happen. See: 777 cockpit (which RSR hangs a latern on in his post), see LNAV, see DC-6 XP11 update etc etc

3. As for whose fault the weather radar is. See my point about PMDG not being great at innovating. They were slow to get weather radar in the NGX/NGXu, well after other devs had at least a basic version in their aircraft. They often adopt very fixed thinking, which I sort of understand but it can slow things down by years. 

In that spirit, note the lack of Simbrief integration in the new MSFS 737. The free FBW bus has great Simbrief integration, much better than anything I've seen in a PMDG product. Hence my feeling that PMDG are falling behind the state of the art.

4. I disagree that PMDG are being very clear about anything much. How clear were they about the timeframe it would take to build this plane?? I think I'm on record on this forum from 2 years back saying this would be a 2022 release, but many were expecting to be flying a 737 in 2020. You have to read PMDG statements VERY carefully to see what they are actually saying. It's usually in there, somewhere, if you look for the definite statements. For the 737 deliverables, there are lots of weasel words in there - they haven't actually committed to much.

5. I've just been over on the PMDG forum this evening. Man, it really does seem like a cult over there. It's kind of weird to read, I don't see anything like that on other dev's forums (maybe on Orbx 10 years ago, but that's about it). There's a bit of cult-like behaviour bleeding into this thread. That's OK, I've been accused of exactly that myself in the past. It's just that I'm trying to adopt a more neutral and rational approach to PMDG aircraft now.

6. Finally, I'm not coming at this as a P3D customer, that's another sim for another day. I'm coming at this as someone who is incredibly impressed by what FBW have achieved on this platform. I'm thinking about this as someone who loves the Maddog and can't wait to see what my favourite Italian devs have managed to do with that.

I'm looking forward to flying the PMDG 737, but it's not the only game in town for MSFS by any means.  

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

10 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

3. As for whose fault the weather radar is. See my point about PMDG not being great at innovating. They were slow to get weather radar in the NGX/NGXu, well after other devs had at least a basic version in their aircraft. They often adopt very fixed thinking, which I sort of understand but it can slow things down by years. 

In that spirit, note the lack of Simbrief integration in the new MSFS 737. The free FBW bus has great Simbrief integration, much better than anything I've seen in a PMDG product. Hence my feeling that PMDG are falling behind the state of the art.

I'll just tackle those two points:

There is no way possible to implement WX radar right now, that's not about innovating. There is just no technical way to read the weather data from the sim, and how are you going to show precipation when you have no idea where the clouds are? This one is not on PMDG; even Leonardo will not give you WX radar. Why are you blaming PMDG for it?

As for the Simbrief in FBW - another technical issue. There is no way to communicate with the internet right now for any WASM-coded stuff in MSFS - and every payware airliner (yes, also the Maddog, again) is coded in WASM (probably for a reason). The FBW is based on the default A320 and is not coded in WASM, so that's why they are able to do it (and yes, they are doing great).
Anyway it's just a couple more clicks to download the .rte file in the 737, so it's not like it has absolutely no Simbrief integration.

There is a lot you can criticise PMDG for (e.g. why they didn't give Simbrief or GSX integration on the P3D version), but I don't understand how you can blame them for stuff that your favourite dev also can't do right now... I'd rather be angry about Asobo not having given access to weather data in a sim that's almost two years old now.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

2. I've learned to be very cautious about things that are not in the PMDG product right now - because they sometimes never happen, or they take many, many years to happen. See: 777 cockpit (which RSR hangs a latern on in his post), see LNAV, see DC-6 XP11 update etc etc

This is why the "Early Adopter" thing is more dangerous now than it has ever been when it comes to PMDG. Or maybe they are finally being honest about it?.

I am one of the "early adopters" of the NGXu and will definitely buy the -700, but I've also got burned in the past - including the 777 VC upgrade (among multiple others). That's more than enough for becoming suspicious about Robert's rosy product roadmaps. He tends to overpromise and underdeliver. And I've been a loyal customer since the Fly! days. 

• Like 2

Enrique Vaamonde