Sign in to follow this  
Mets737

Milviz Cessna 310 Releasing May 4, 2022!

49 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Really enjoying this aircraft.  Does anyone remember the old DreamFleet version back in the FS9 days?  A really cool feature Milviz could add is a soundset option for headphones in the way Dreamfleet did.  What Dreamfleet accomplished was giving the user the option in which they modeled what the interior would sound like if you had a headset on (which all GA pilots have on in flight).  

There is a setting in MSFS sound menus for "Headphone Mode".  I use it all the time.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Just now, Mace said:

There is a setting in MSFS sound menus for "Headphone Mode".  I use it all the time.

I use it as well.  It's a little on the fake side though as you hear nothing at all.  Even with ANR I still hear engines on takeoff irl.  And some ambient noise at cruise power.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

14 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Has anyone found any of the nine easter eggs I heard are to be found in the C310?

I found one just clicking around inside the cockpit. Didn't know there were nine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZoblebV8 said:

I found one just clicking around inside the cockpit. Didn't know there were nine.

I think that's the number I heard on the stream yesterday. I found one.

Robin

34 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Has anyone found any of the nine easter eggs I heard are to be found in the C310?

Given the vintage of the aircraft, probably a loaded ashtray and a small can of Ozium air freshener to help kill the smell of stale cigarette smoke.

27 minutes ago, ZoblebV8 said:

Nine shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be nine.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

43 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Pro tip: use your mouse pointer to look around the cabin hovering over open or blank spots.  If you see a tooltip with ?? in it, click and see what happens.

If you are using legacy input and have tooltips off, it'll be harder, but you can click in blank or unused areas and see what might pop up.

Also fun, but not technically an easter egg, is to to dirty up the plane and poke around the interior checking out the trash and clutter.

Tell us if you found some, and your reaction if you want, but no spoilers please!

There are some references to movies, TV, and pop culture, as well as current events.

• Like 1

Charles "Dutch" Owen - Developer at Military Visualizations - currently working on the C310R and SR-71A project for MSFS.

5 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I'm just solely curious here - why have a tiny GTN 650 when you can have the larger screen on a dual 750 setup?

Hahaha, I have been seeing videos and people talking about having the TDS showing this setup. I can't for the life of me find an option to change it from 750/750. I am used to the 530/430, 750/650 scenario. Besides that, the TDS doesn't seem to have a bunch of the airports from FS20202 making The Skypark a real nightmare. Much less the lack of taxiways for these small airports it does have. Anyway, I figured if anyone knew how to do it, it would be you. Thank you for the reply Ryan and see you in the friendly skies.

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

44 minutes ago, Pivot said:

Hahaha, I have been seeing videos and people talking about having the TDS showing this setup. I can't for the life of me find an option to change it from 750/750.

I think that you might be able to change this in the initial TDS screen before it is loaded into the sim.  I haven't tried this and I'm not going to.  I would rather have the two 750's.  😊

• Like 1

Bill  N7IBG     

27 minutes ago, Bill Griffith said:

I think that you might be able to change this in the initial TDS screen before it is loaded into the sim.  I haven't tried this and I'm not going to.  I would rather have the two 750's.  😊

No, the panel is coded for two GTNXi 750s.. not configurable.  But works great!

Bert

2 hours ago, Romeo_Tango said:

I found two on my first flight. Little green fella and another one that had to do with DNA, 🙂

Edited by Stoopy

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

1 hour ago, Pivot said:

Hahaha, I have been seeing videos and people talking about having the TDS showing this setup. I can't for the life of me find an option to change it from 750/750. I am used to the 530/430, 750/650 scenario. Besides that, the TDS doesn't seem to have a bunch of the airports from FS20202 making The Skypark a real nightmare. Much less the lack of taxiways for these small airports it does have. Anyway, I figured if anyone knew how to do it, it would be you. Thank you for the reply Ryan and see you in the friendly skies.

Hi - the TDS option is dual 750s only.  As for the private and tiny airports not in the database - this is a real world Garmin thing.  Thr popular ones do exist but the tiny ones youd see on the default MSFS map are not going to be in the database.  FWIW I've heard a lot of frustration from real world pilots about this matter.  TDS has no control over it though.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

12 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Hi - the TDS option is dual 750s only.  As for the private and tiny airports not in the database - this is a real world Garmin thing.  Thr popular ones do exist but the tiny ones youd see on the default MSFS map are not going to be in the database.  FWIW I've heard a lot of frustration from real world pilots about this matter.  TDS has no control over it though.

Yes I figured as much. Garmin loves to corner their market.. One thing is for sure, finding a grass strip in miles of grass fields is a real PIA.. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Tried to go for a flight tonight, after takeoff the landing gear would not retract.  Thinking this might have been a failure I return to the departure airport and landed.  After shutting down I did an inspection and all was good, everything in the green so it doesn't appear to be a modelled failure.  There's a red handle attached to the pilot seat down by the fuel levers that I accidentally clicked on, it moved, and I couldn't move it back.  This is the only thing I can think of that is different from my flight last night where the gear worked fine.  Any idea what this handle is, if it might be responsible for my gear issue, and how to move it back to the original position?  Clicking on it anywhere I can find with a clickspot doesn't seem to do anything.  If not the handle, any other thoughts on the gear issue? 

I've been trying to download the manual from Milviz but it keeps timing out so I don't have a manual to reference as of now.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU