Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

[21MAY22] PMDG 737-700 Developers Update: Pending Changes

2 hours ago, regis9 said:

Sure but given most people don’t have 737 specific hardware, and my throttle (Virtualfly TQ6) doesn’t have any buttons on it to make the thrust reverse button option easily doable (I don’t want to be looking for a keyboard button while I’m trying to steering the plane down the runway), it really should be an option PMDG provides for usability.  Again, they’re really the outlier for payware (and the freeware FBW Airbus).  I used FSUIPC in P3D to do this myself but it doesn’t appear that setting throttle axes in FSUIPC works with this aircraft in MSFS.

I hope this isn’t one of those things they’re going to be unnecessarily stubborn about because they don’t think it’s needed, or accurate in a way that doesn’t matter for a home based sim.

Did you sorted out?

If you have FSUPIC I will try to help you later today.

I do have it and it works just fine. Probably there is some setting you missed.

The other big issue is that ASOBO can't understand that mainly it should actually have an axis for reversers and of course the button option (totally unrealistic) for the people with such controllers.

I'll check later and hope that we can fix it.

• Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

2 hours ago, LRBS said:
Wow, that is a pretty bold statement.

Unfortunately, those high-quality birds for MSFS have so many bugs ported from FSX era to P3D and you can see them right on their forum.
Unfortunately, DC6 and the 737-700 suffer from many bugs, far from being "a dang fine product".

Absolutely there are people that enjoy the product as it is, but, for a hardcore PC sim pilot with good knowledge about the airplane or a real pilot when you see the problems it's not sitting too well with the purchase and the expectations based on past reputation.
This might bring smiles to their faces but many customers are not happy at all, quite disappointed about the state of this release, again, see their forum and you will see that people are not quite disingenuous

Well I guess that's your opinion, then there's a great many of us who'd happily take this first incarnation of PMDG's 737 in MSFS and call it a dang fine product :)

In bringing the PMDG 737 to MSFS that's at the very at least at par with their previous incarnations when it comes to systems & flight model, along with a huge visual upgrade to boot, and all-new never-seen-before features such as the new EFB, LNAV 2.0, etc coming for free later... ya we "hardcore PC sim pilots" will take that, and keep calling it a dang fine product :)  I'll also say that the huge influx of purchases that crashed their systems in the initial days is a somewhat good indicator of where their customer base lies in terms of interest/satisfaction 
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

35 minutes ago, LRBS said:
Wow, that is a pretty bold statement.

Especially the 737 with so many issues I would categorize an early beta version compared to other developers that also ported over their products in much better shape.

I find it mildly amusing to belittle a perfectly reasonable post by calling it bold, and in the next breath say something that truly is. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

4 hours ago, pilatuz said:

All I can say is PMDG is starting to consistently bring smiles to their competitor's faces. 

Lol. You win the internet. 

As the avsim front page says, PMDG is on its fifth recycle of the 737. Eventually, this well is going to run dry. 

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Best to use hard pause its the Esc key in msfs anyway.

This doesn't work either. It still burns fuel while paused to the main menus...

11 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

As the avsim front page says, PMDG is on its fifth recycle of the 737. Eventually, this well is going to run dry. 

Well, that "fifth recyle" is on a new sim platform with hundreds of new customers (who've never used PMDG birds before) for whome this is the first incarnation. Even for those of us who have, getting their birds on MSFS is a big thing, since well, it's MSFS. That well is not going to dry, especially given the groundswell of product interest/purchases in the early days. And as PMDG moves forward to add new features for free in the 737 series, and release the 777/747 at least at that level, and really learn to take advantage of the MSFS platform, that well sure ain't gonna dry. Just like with its DC6, PMDG will smash sales records with the 737 series and other 7xx to come for MSFS.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

21 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

That sounds like wishful thinking on your part.

Pray tell, where can one find a good 737 for MSFS at this point in time? No? Exactly how is that well drying up under those circumstances?

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

24 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

This is the thing for me. Yes, the visuals are better on the 737-7 then in previous simulations, (at least in the main areas of the flight deck) but otherwise I felt like I purchased the same 737 I did in 2011. I came away feeling there is so little innovation here, just another recycle. No updated LNAV, no working circuit breakers, no EFB -- yes it is coming but again I wonder if it will just be the same EFB as the NGXu or will they bring features to it. The 737 is a good, solid product, but it feels stale and it feels like PMDG have lost their place as an innovator. When I look at what Fexix has done, how it is pushing the envelope it brings some excitement. PMDG just feels like the same old, same old. At the moment I am disinclined to purchase another variant of 737.

Edited by Cognita
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Dan Scott

8 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

This doesn't work either. It still burns fuel while paused to the main menus...

I use ESC | LOAD/SAVE | LOAD FROM THIS PC, and I keep the Open File window open if I'm going to be away from computer for a while and don't want the CPU/GPU running full blast. 

I haven't tried this to see if fuel keeps burning, but I would be surprised if it does. 

3 hours ago, regis9 said:

Sure but given most people don’t have 737 specific hardware, and my throttle (Virtualfly TQ6) doesn’t have any buttons on it to make the thrust reverse button option easily doable (I don’t want to be looking for a keyboard button while I’m trying to steering the plane down the runway), it really should be an option PMDG provides for usability.  Again, they’re really the outlier for payware (and the freeware FBW Airbus).  I used FSUIPC in P3D to do this myself but it doesn’t appear that setting throttle axes in FSUIPC works with this aircraft in MSFS.

I hope this isn’t one of those things they’re going to be unnecessarily stubborn about because they don’t think it’s needed, or accurate in a way that doesn’t matter for a home based sim.

Try this, please.

thumbnail.png

• Like 1

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

9 minutes ago, Cognita said:

yes it is coming but again I wonder if it will just be the same EFB as the NGXu or will they bring features to it.

That was already answered in one of Rob's longwinded posts. 😉

The short answer is: It will be a complete rework. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cognita said:

Yes, the visuals are better ... but otherwise I felt like I purchased the same 737 I did in 2011. I came away feeling there is so little innovation ...

So how are you supposed to introduce radical "innovation" when you're modeling the identical aircraft? Do you want a 737 with four engines now? If the visuals are better, then you're already way ahead. Some people are never happy.

• Like 5

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

46 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Well, that "fifth recyle" is on a new sim platform with hundreds of new customers (who've never used PMDG birds before) for whome this is the first incarnation. Even for those of us who have, getting their birds on MSFS is a big thing, since well, it's MSFS. That well is not going to dry, especially given the groundswell of product interest/purchases in the early days. And as PMDG moves forward to add new features for free in the 737 series, and release the 777/747 at least at that level, and really learn to take advantage of the MSFS platform, that well sure ain't gonna dry. Just like with its DC6, PMDG will smash sales records with the 737 series and other 7xx to come for MSFS.

Furthermore, there are long time simmers like me who have never stepped into the tubeliner sim aircraft until now, with MSFS. I had never had a 737 in P3D or FSX or before, as I was only interested in GA flying. Well, now I am enjoying the tubeliner's as well and that is thanks to MSFS, Aerosoft, Just Flight, PMDG and now Fenix. It is all new to me, and I am not at all new to flight simming. So, yea, bring on the 737's and 320's even though they have been done on older platforms. I am loving it! 🙂

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

18 minutes ago, David Mills said:

So how are you supposed to introduce radical "innovation" when you're modeling the identical aircraft? Do you want a 737 with four engines now? If the visuals are better, then you're already way ahead. Some people are never happy.

I did not say I was not happy; I said it is a solid aircraft - I enjoy flying it - but it does lack innovation. Four engines, of course not. A proper LNAV depiction after 11 years of development, yes; a more fully modeled electrical system including working circuit breakers, absolutely. I can go on, but you get the idea. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Dan Scott

6 hours ago, regis9 said:

My one big gripe with this aircraft, which I’m otherwise enjoying, is the inability to calibrate the throttle axis to include reverse thrust.  

This would be my only MSFS airliner that lacks that ability.

I have proper reverse thrust with my TB VelocityOne yoke/throttle combo.  That and Axis and Ohs. Works mists as it should and how you would want it to. 

-B