Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

[21MAY22] PMDG 737-700 Developers Update: Pending Changes

2 hours ago, LRBS said:
To be very honest with you I find MSFS control adjustments very good and extensive.
What they miss is what I mentioned reverser axis that should be implemented.
Direct to the answer, I would use MSFS for T1 and T2 and use FSUPIC for two features. One for the reverser axis as I illustrated and the second for the elevator trim. Their elevator trim a) has a very harsh response, b) there is a brief delay after you activate the rocker switches. Both a and b with FSUPIC can be adjusted to a better outcome and if you need that I can walk you through that very easily.

Thanks, I'll leave the throttles working in MSFS and have a go at the reverser axis, thanks again!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

11 hours ago, hvw said:

Which they should have done 🙂 

Why? The performance of the 737 is better using the c++/wasm setup than those running js/html/external .exe’s. No need to rewrite to a “slower” language just to have access to some things that are already in the pipes for the other languages. 

• Like 5

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

I have to say that I am thoroughly enjoying the 700 in MSFS, and for a very specific reason. In P3D I had to keep layering 3rd party add-ons into the software. Scenery software, weather software, airports, traffic (which is one exception in MSFS - it doesn’t work well) camera add-ons…and with all of these I had to get into the file structure, and sometimes the registry, of my computer. Things just did not integrate well in regard to these add-ons. But Asobo seems to have performed a remarkable job in its native graphics and modeling, requiring less third-party applications. And, at least for me, the PMDG product has been operating perfectly. I look forward to returning to all of my PMDG planes this year; except of course, for the MD-11. But one mustn’t give up hope.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, David Mills said:

So how are you supposed to introduce radical "innovation" when you're modeling the identical aircraft? Do you want a 737 with four engines now? If the visuals are better, then you're already way ahead. Some people are never happy.

Totally agree, less whinging and more flying, but I must concede there are some valid points being raised,we are lucky to have this in the sim if you don't like it go fly something else

Edited by Jetman67
  • Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Its  funny  when a pmdg  post  comes  out  all the pitch forks  comes out as well 🤔

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

9 hours ago, Cognita said:

The 737 is a good, solid product, but it feels stale

To be fair, not all buyers of this aircraft have been simming since the first PMDG aircraft, so it will be fresh to them. Also, there can't be much innovation as it is a 737 after all.

• Upvote 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

10 hours ago, DavidP said:

I really don't understand the hostility directed at RSR and PMDG. 
If you don't like his writing style, don't read it. 

It was a simple sum up of a wall of text, carm down, I love the 737 and all the PMDG stuff I have own. 

Hostilily...lol, it seems atleast 7 people understood where I was coming from but there is always one.🙂

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 4

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

19 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

- A Ton of Other Items: We have a change list that already surpasses 70 items that have been changed for the upcoming update. These include a range of things from code corrections, documentation corrections, model fixes, texture improvements, clickspot tweaks and more.

Doe this mean this update will include making the interior cabin part of the interior model?

16 hours ago, LRBS said:
It's quite amazing to see you and a few others asking the same question and pretending that nothing is wrong.
The same issue as it happens on their forum if someone says something that needs to be fixed it has to be at least a few guys that will jump on that person and defend the wrong no matter what or pretend that is otherwise.
I really don't understand this mentality, maybe it is just that they feel to protect a product with issues at any cost to the detriment of actually bringing the software to a better outcome, or have no idea how the systems should operate, or just to argue.
Somehow people need to understand that pointing out bugs it's actually a good thing and this is how we improve everything, not denial or taking it personally.
To answer your question, read the problems and bugs in their forum, please. And if that is not enough, open FCOM2, read, understand how certain systems should work, and then fly it and compair.
All that I can say for sure as a real airline pilot and a PC flight simulator enthusiast there are many bugs with this release and their product.

I'm going to be honest - I'm really getting tired of this. This is the third time on these forums you attack me for no reason other than me not joining in on your opinion or asking a simple, innocent question. @ahsmatt7 mentioned recently he flies the 737 IRL, so when he said there are some things wrong but didn't say what I was interested in what that is because I fly the plane a lot. There is no hidden agenda or whatever you're apparently seeing.

I find it utterly hypocritical that you complain about people jumping on you or others and at the same time jump on me for the third time - for a simple question that wasn't even directed at you because apparently asking what bugs he was referring to makes me and others some kind of PMDG knights in your eyes.

I'm not active on their forums a lot so I don't know what bugs are being reported and I have better things to do than studying the FCOM to find some bugs in a flight simulator addon. There are people that jump on others for criticizing their products, that's true, but there's an equal lot of people jumping on those that don't agree that their products are that bad. It goes both ways and it would be cool if both sides could stop.

Perhaps one should just stay away from PMDG threads these days as they inevitably descent into chaos if a three word question is enough to be jumped on and getting accused of having an agenda, pretending and being here just to argue. The person I was asking gave me a decent answer, so I'm not sure what you're getting so worked up about - again. Please quit it.

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

5 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Doe this mean this update will include making the interior cabin part of the interior model?

I think it's just a clean up update to correct things found after release. The cabin overhaul is coming in a later update this summer as far as I understood.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

56 minutes ago, threegreen said:

I think it's just a clean up update to correct things found after release. The cabin overhaul is coming in a later update this summer as far as I understood.

The update did not materialise as promised last week. This does not bode well. Lord knows when an EFB will be forthcoming, I doubt we will ever see it.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

The update did not materialise as promised last week. This does not bode well. Lord knows when an EFB will be forthcoming, I doubt we will ever see it.

"OOOH the first update is late. The other variants will never hit the market... it's all vaporware...."

Some people! 🤨

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

The update was anticipated to be released Thu/Fri, so I wouldn't worry too much after just two days.

53 minutes ago, Farlis said:

"OOOH the first update is late. The other variants will never hit the market... it's all vaporware...."

Some people! 🤨

Oh I have no doubt the 800 and the other variants will appear on time. But I doubt the EFB will ever appear. It's not a priority for PMDG..But sales are.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, threegreen said:

I'm going to be honest - I'm really getting tired of this. This is the third time on these forums you attack me for no reason other than me not joining in on your opinion or asking a simple, innocent question. @ahsmatt7 mentioned recently he flies the 737 IRL, so when he said there are some things wrong but didn't say what I was interested in what that is because I fly the plane a lot. There is no hidden agenda or whatever you're apparently seeing.

I find it utterly hypocritical that you complain about people jumping on you or others and at the same time jump on me for the third time - for a simple question that wasn't even directed at you because apparently asking what bugs he was referring to makes me and others some kind of PMDG knights in your eyes.

I'm not active on their forums a lot so I don't know what bugs are being reported and I have better things to do than studying the FCOM to find some bugs in a flight simulator addon. There are people that jump on others for criticizing their products, that's true, but there's an equal lot of people jumping on those that don't agree that their products are that bad. It goes both ways and it would be cool if both sides could stop.

Perhaps one should just stay away from PMDG threads these days as they inevitably descent into chaos if a three word question is enough to be jumped on and getting accused of having an agenda, pretending and being here just to argue. The person I was asking gave me a decent answer, so I'm not sure what you're getting so worked up about - again. Please quit it.

I'm not attacking you at all.
It is a reaction to your posts where most of the time when somebody calls for a bug/discrepancy you constantly challenge that person or find any excuse of why it is wrong. Same as many in their forum can't accept that there is a problem.

On top of rejecting the idea that something is a miss, you get upset when I suggested checking their forum about the bugs or reading the FCOM where you can understand what is going on.

I say that because here would take too much space to list them while there many of them are listed.

I'm afraid that having in view that you have better things to do than studying this 737 and not really knowing what is happening you choose this path of "getting tired".

To clarify, if I and others are pointing out issues/bugs about this product is not to be taken as "an anti-PMDG-parade" (your statement is exactly PMDG textbook ), we call this progress and looking for fixes, nothing else.

One more thing to point out regarding how another developer will react to bugs "we're really sorry for the oversight on this one, no excuse." 
Edited by LRBS
  • Upvote 2

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090