Sign in to follow this  
captain420

World Update Southeast Asia please

This area can definitely use some improvements! I hope it'll be on MS/Asobo's roadmap soon.

Areas that need improvement in this area are:

1. Vietnam
  2. Thailand
  3. Malaysia
  4. Philippines
  5. Cambodia
  6. Laos
  7. Indonesia
  8. Taiwan
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Myanmar aka Burma also.

• Like 2

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

It has been an abandonded area of the globe even in FSX/P3D. No idea why.We had OpenLC, for example, from ORBX for most of the world (even Africa where there is hardly any [online] traffic) but nothing for Asia, which is busy most of the time.

I suppose it's low on the priorities list and will get done at some point.

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

I'm literally flying from Vientiene (Laos) to Hanoi (Vietnam) in the Fenix while reading this!

Yes, I agree - scenery looks a bit like FSX!

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

12 minutes ago, speedyTC said:

It has been an abandonded area of the globe even in FSX/P3D. No idea why.We had OpenLC, for example, from ORBX for most of the world (even Africa where there is hardly any [online] traffic) but nothing for Asia, which is busy most of the time.

I suppose it's low on the priorities list and will get done at some point.

These places get no love because no one flies there but no one flies there because they look awful. So we're stuck with just getting the same airports in Germany and England made over and over again.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, nikolajz1 said:

So we're stuck with just getting the same airports in Germany and England made over and over again.

I'd say the vast majority of development is on the US, rather than Germany or England.   Not scenery related but we're stuck with a transition altitude of 18000 for Europe, and only just recently got recogntion of the 7000 VFR squawk code.

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Well, if there was some reason why there had to be only one transition altitude for the globe, would it be more sensible that it was 18000 or 5000?

Im not buying the ameri-centrism argument.  Certainly there are a few legacy holdout items from flightsim’s past (the atc system mainly) that certainly are, but one only has to look at the sheer density and number of the world update offerings to see a very Western Europe focused development schedule.  The Airbus in the initial release was certainly way more polished than either Boeing plane, and now we got an ATR incoming but no Dash…. I have zero problems with this by the way, I fly more in Europe than in my home country anyway, but to suggest that Europe is under represented is a bit much.

Asia has some of the best skylines in the world. This would be great.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 2

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Sadly it seems they put the money (development) where the users are from. Some of it probably has to with missing/insufficient data available.

Besides the above mentioned, northern Canada and Yukon are in a sad state as well....

Edited by Silicus
  • Like 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

FYI in terms of skylines we did get some nice stuff from SamScene and AviaJam to spruce up a handful of cities and airports. I have many of these products and they are quite nice. But I totally agree that a WU-style content update is badly needed. For now it seems we are resigned to a slow drip of EU countries, and then the US again. Mind you, Africa and South Amrica could use some love as well... I guess it'd be easier to say "we need WUs everywhere besides EU and US" 😅

• Like 2

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I am all for some South America (Caribbean included 🙂 ), Africa and SE Asia. 

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Speaking of Thailand - there is no problem with actual satellite pictures. They are ok. The problem is to get geo data. The Government is very restrictive in this regard.

Best regards

Detlef 

• Like 1

Heck yes!  Papua New Guinea as well as Papua Indonesia please too!  (There are many great freeware fixes and sceneries for Papua, but a base-level improvement of terrain mesh and imagery would be welcome!)

• Like 1

Andrew Crowley

Yes please, my fav locations for GA flying are the Philippines and Taiwan and although it is much better than ever done before it still lacks, badly 😕 For example, the Chocolate Hills in Bohol Province PHIL are a disaster in the sim, real pity. Hopefully, one day. 

Luckily, the FS Formosa Team has done a fantastic job at "redoing" Taiwan. Most of the mods are available at Flightsim.to and https://fsformosa.tw/index_en.htm#!home offers a great overview on the project. Very much worth a try if you are in any ways emotionally-attached to this island -- I am 🙂  

and let's not forget that big chunk of land NW of Southeast Asia - China. From arid deserts to lush tropical forests, and from industrial plains to the Himalayas -- what a phenomenal country to fly over !

Tons and tons of work to be done on this one.

Cheers,

2Low2Slow  

• Like 1