Sign in to follow this  
blaunarwal

NVidia 516.40 Problem

I never understood why you people always want to update to the latest driver.. The updates are for new games / video cards. If the new driver does not bring anything specific for P3D, I just ignore it.

• Like 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

40 minutes ago, willy647 said:

I never understood why you people always want to update to the latest driver.. The updates are for new games / video cards. If the new driver does not bring anything specific for P3D, I just ignore it.

Well, Willy, general speaking your right. It is not mandatory to update allways everything right after a new release is issued. But there is lot more changing in the background you would never be aware of which makes it usefull to update those important drivers at some point. For instance Microsoft just exspect the latest drivers for hardware are installed, and though you could have issues after a windows update which cause CTD because of security or access changes in the filesystem between windows and major hardware and their drivers, if they are not the latest etc. etc. 

Edited by BerndB
  • Upvote 2

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

Plus, some driver versions actually have security vulnerabilities.

• Upvote 3

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Plus Plus... some of us people are beta testers and required to run the latest drivers.😁

Ok, ok, ok, I get it 😄

• Like 2

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

New Drivers have been released and they claim they have fixed the issue.

Be warned they are not fixed so stay well clear

1 hour ago, markoxley said:

New Drivers have been released and they claim they have fixed the issue.

Nvidia doesn’t claim it’s fixed. The problem is listed under open issues:

[Prepar3D] Light sources display flashing black boxes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

Nvidia doesn’t claim it’s fixed. The problem is listed under open issues:

[Prepar3D] Light sources display flashing black boxes.

I confirm. I went back to the ver,  512.95.

Some might be horrified but I’m still using 471.96 drivers. But I only use P3D v5, not MSFS. If P3D is your only sim it might be worth sticking with them.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray,

Not horrified at all. Makes perfect sense, " if it ain't broke..........."

I update just to see if it makes any difference. I find the Studio drivers (for me) are the better ones. It's easy enough to go back if necessary.

• Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

@IanHarrison, I tried later drivers but got the dreaded DXGI error so reverted.

It’s different of course if you run MSFS where the latest are usually, but not always, the best.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I just did 12 hours using 516.59 with no issues.  I'm using 5.3 with HF 2 (5.3.17.28160).  

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam