Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Please vote for historic weather

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Exactly. Historic weather, you know what to expect. Real weather is like flying in real life, you never know what is coming up next.

Well, no...with ActiveSky I can set up historical weather at any date and time of my choosing within the last year, and get the METAR for my dept field and the TAF forecasts for my destination.  The weather will follow the historical progression of the weather, not the TAF, so, just as in the real world, I always get a forecast before leaving and the weather I get on arrival may deviate from that--usually not by much, but sometimes by a lot.  Now if I wanted to cheat, I could pull up the actual weather for the arrival time and see what I have in store for me.  But that's a function of how I use the historical wx capability, not how it operates.

And of course if you want to fly a nice winter leg in Aug, there's that.  I yearn for Asobo to give me some spectacular winter CTDs to compliment all these glorious summer CTDs I've been enjoying this last week.  😡

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

2 hours ago, Sethos said:

or you could argue, if you take your realism seriously, you fly live weather and live time and the challenges that bring. 

Yes you could but for me, departing LAX, Honolulu, Sydney and many other airports on the other side of the world would always be in darkness. That's not something I want.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Sethos said:

or you could argue, if you take your realism seriously, you fly live weather and live time and the challenges that bring. 

which prohibits me from flying in Australia & New Zealand under daylight conditions ...

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I don't get what changing the time has to do with Historic weather???? Must be missing something. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

I don't get what changing the time has to do with Historic weather???? Must be missing something. 

Sorry, than you have to try harder ...

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

3 minutes ago, Nemo said:

which prohibits me from flying in Australia & New Zealand under daylight conditions ...

Time of day and historic weather can be independent.

1 minute ago, Nemo said:

Sorry, than you have to try harder ...

I just changed  the time right now, weather stayed exactly  the same......😉

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

Time of day and historic weather can be independent.

As far as I know, night temperatures at night are lower.

- Harry 

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I just changed  the time right now, weather stayed exactly  the same......😉

Exactly, that's the point.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 2

- Harry 

I voted for pre-historic weather. I want to see how difficult it will be for a simulated pteranadon to take off when the average global temperature is ten degrees higher than today. 🦎 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

9 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Read the post they quoted, and the full context.

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

You are...  

If you depart KATL at 8a est with live weather you will get live weather at 8am.  But let's say it's 3pm in KATL and you want to simulate a flight departing at 8am with the weather at 8am to match.  That is historical weather right there.   The ability to roll back the weather to match the time in the simulator.  It could even just be a few hours but that few hours could change the flight scenario entirely.  It could also be a flight you did in real life last week you want to recreate or doing a winter flight in the middle of summer.  Lots of reasons and simple explanations.  I just never "considered" them myself.  

For me I often do KEWR-LLBG in real time.  Usually it means when I am landing in LLBG despite it being 3pm in the sim I am getting the weather for 10pm which is Live...   If I cared to land in the weather conditions as they were in LLBG at 3pm which is the time I arrive in the sim I would need historical weather.  

Instead, I just land with whatever the live Metar is doing at the time despite it usually meaning a 30 approach instead of a 12 approach as the winds shift at night but I prefer to pull up live aviation metar and see that in the sim and adapt my approach and star based on what's happening in real time.  

Edited by psolk
  • Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

2 hours ago, Falconjet112 said:

I say vote for live weather visibility simulation!

This would definitely be much higher on my wish list!  Having historical WX available in Active Sky (P3D & FSX) for many years, I can say I only used it once. But I can understand some may find it useful so I voted...

• Like 2

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Even those who think this is "not important" should vote for HW. It doesn't affect them for anything but may benefit others!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I must be very poor at describing why people want it.

Bob, please read my post on page 1 and tell me what you don’t understand.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather