Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Please vote for historic weather

Hello,

please do me and us a favour and vote for historic weather!

That is one of the items I miss the most.

Hopefully we can push that topic a bit more to get more important for the devs.

thx

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/historic-weather-as-second-timeline/213758?u=guenseli

• Like 5

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Done !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Voted for it some months ago. But I'm skeptical that we will ever get it as long as MSFS refuses to understand for what it is good for.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

5 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Voted for it some months ago. But I'm skeptical that we will ever get it as long as MSFS refuses to understand for what it is good for.

Yes this, they seemed bemused by its concept in a Q&A once and didn't understand the reason for it. Also the mods on the forum don't take kindly to harvesting for votes, even from sites other than the official forum!

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Voted! Even though I do wonder how historic weather would ever play nice with Simbrief and the Fenix A320...

4 hours ago, MarcG said:

Yes this, they seemed bemused by its concept in a Q&A once and didn't understand the reason for it. Also the mods on the forum don't take kindly to harvesting for votes, even from sites other than the official forum!

To be fair that was one of the first Q&A's ever on MSFS and in total honesty myself and A LOT of other simmers who have been doing this for many years with Live mode exclusively in ActiveSky also needed it explained to us.  I personally needed it explained to understand why it was so critical to some individuals as I've only ever flown with Live weather but now I understand and upvoted.  

Edited by psolk
  • Like 3

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

4 hours ago, Nemo said:

The vote total for historical weather itself tells the MSFS team, especially Jorg, how important the users of MSFS think this feature is.

I remember the vote total was at some 250 votes a few months ago, so it’s better now at 350 votes, But it’s still far from the top most voted wishlist items, which have over 1000 votes.

You want Jorg and the MSFS team to take historical weather more seriously, get this voted higher, Get it over 1000 votes. Until then, I don’t really blame Jorg or the MSFS team for not prioritizing  historical weather, because not enough people think it’s important enough to vote for it.

PS. I already voted for historical weather, I did my part already, but I acknowledge that not enough people voted for it, and that’s the crux of the problem, IMO.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, psolk said:

To be fair that was one of the first Q&A's ever on MSFS and in total honesty myself and A LOT of other simmers who have been doing this for many years with Live mode exclusively in ActiveSky also needed it explained to us.  I personally needed it explained to understand why it was so critical to some individuals as I've only ever flown with Live weather but now I understand and upvoted.  

It was a far more recent Q&A I was referring too.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

5 hours ago, Nemo said:

MSFS refuses to understand for what it is good for.

They're not alone unless you want to fly into some hurricane from 1987 I could see a point.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

They're not alone unless you want to fly into some hurricane from 1987 I could see a point.

Some airports stop reporting weather at night because they're closed, so historical weather would be good for those as well, if you're from a timezone where it's night there.

For example RJTH in Japan. I flew there last week, when it was midnight in real life there and the airport was closed, so there were no recent METAR reports, so I had to guess the wind direction and speed based on Meteoblue's data.

Edited by Tuskin38

There are so many things that would be higher on my list.  A good map, ability to change planes in flight, better living world (people moving around,) etc.

Edited by andyjohnston.net
  • Like 3

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

58 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Imagine you want a daylight flight from an airport 12 hours ahead / behind your time zone assuming you turn on your PC at 10:00 your time. In other words, the other side of the planet.

Live weather will deliver the weather as it is at either 22:00 today or yesterday. Both are nighttime weather. But you’re flying in daytime. I’m sure you agree there’s a considerable difference between daytime and nighttime weather.

If you take weather seriously that’s why you need historical weather. Not for flying in a hurricane 3 years ago but having weather available for different times than current.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 5

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If you take weather seriously that’s why you need historical weather. 

or you could argue, if you take your realism seriously, you fly live weather and live time and the challenges that bring. 

• Like 8

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Or, this morning I can see that the airport I want to land is challenging CATIII due to morning fog. The airport I want to takeoff from is clear sky which would be a nice sunrise. But this morning I have to go to work …. in the evening when it is free time to fly, it is night, the weather is not the same at all, and there is no more CATIII conditions at the airport.

Well, if I had historical weather, I could just set time and date to this morning and enjoy the flight with the weather conditions I wanted. As simple as that.

And, I do not want preset weather either because with a preset there is no weather evolution in time. It would be CAT III all over the world. 

If at least we could choose a different preset for departure and arrival airports, and a point of transition from one to the other in between, that could be a step.

Pierre

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2