Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Please vote for historic weather

1 hour ago, Chock said:

I voted for pre-historic weather. I want to see how difficult it will be for a simulated pteranadon to take off when the average global temperature is ten degrees higher than today. 🦎 🙂

🤣

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Done! 👍

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

25 minutes ago, Juliet Alpha said:

Even those who think this is "not important" should vote for HW. It doesn't affect them for anything but may benefit others!

Debatable, but I'd prefer them to work on the current weather before moving resources to Historical Weather. The current Live Weather still needs a lot of work....a lot of work!

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, guenseli said:

?

Historical weather means, that time is passing also.

You mis-understood me. It was not a question as such, but putting a question to you, as you implied you hadn't found it necessary, except for a handful of times.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

45 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

You mis-understood me.

Sorry for that.

But still do not understand you, but that is most probably due to the fact that english is not my language.

Anyway 😉

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 hour ago, Juliet Alpha said:

Even those who think this is "not important" should vote for HW. It doesn't affect them for anything but may benefit others!

Things take up internal resources to create and develop. So voting for stuff you don't want, may take away time and resources from things you do want or the more pressing issues, pushing them back. 

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 4

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

Debatable, but I'd prefer them to work on the current weather before moving resources to Historical Weather. The current Live Weather still needs a lot of work....a lot of work!

This!

• Like 2

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

or better still, open it up for the likes of HiFi so they can do a better job at it than MS ever will! 

AND, you can have the most accurate weather BUT as long as it is poorly translated into a correct environmental effect on the aircraft the whole point is rather moot.

But who cares about that?! As long as the masses have their nice visuals...

Edited by ha5mvo
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, guenseli said:

Hello,

please do me and us a favour and vote for historic weather!

That is one of the items I miss the most.

Hopefully we can push that topic a bit more to get more important for the devs.

thx

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/historic-weather-as-second-timeline/213758?u=guenseli

I voted two years ago...

Edited by RALF9636

3 hours ago, MarcG said:

Debatable, but I'd prefer them to work on the current weather before moving resources to Historical Weather.

I'm not sure it would take too many resources. It's presumably just a case of keeping the numbers stored for 24 hours (for example) and making them available as another weather option.

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

2 hours ago, ha5mvo said:

so they can do a better job at it than MS ever will! 

debatable. Asobo has access to data sets that they don't.

2 hours ago, ha5mvo said:

open it up for the likes of HiFi

12 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

I'm not sure it would take too many resources.

indeed, HiFi already record & store historic metars & TAF's (& FSGRW, but only metars) for over the last 12 months .... for P3D.

unfortunately, those metar records are only hourly snapshots & hence a tad out of sequence with the TAF's ..... thus the recorded do not include the more frequent (half hourly) reports of most jurisdictions nor any speci's in between.

maybe, with the apparent larger user base of MSFS, HiFi will invest in more server capacity to record all ..... then it will be as good as current / live metars/speci's/TAF's.

for now, cheers

john martin

53 minutes ago, icewater5 said:

why would you fly in last weeks weather?

Because it may have been particularly interesting. Very high or low pressure means when you revert to QNH during a descent the altitude shown on the altimeter will change significantly. Something challenging to try.

Early morning mist / fog that makes flights interesting is only available if you can fly that time of day. People work so can’t try it. With historical weather they can.

Plus reasons I gave on page 1 regarding flying from airports on the other side of the planet. I trust you don’t restrict your flying to a few hundred miles east and west of where you live. Not with the whole world to explore. 😉

• Like 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks for that Ray, 🙂  I have noticed that quite a lot of hw enthusiasts have referred to work/time interruptions and the availabilty time slot that was missed for a particular weather event.

Interesting stuff, not thought of it like this myself. Ill vote because it does not distract much from other weather applications as it were, based upon some posts here.

Edited by icewater5
focus
  • Like 1