Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Please vote for historic weather

4 hours ago, MarcG said:

Debatable, but I'd prefer them to work on the current weather before moving resources to Historical Weather. The current Live Weather still needs a lot of work....a lot of work!

Cannot agree more! 

N/M waste of time.

Edited by jbdbow1970

11 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

Saying that historical weather is unrealistic is like saying flightsims are unrealistic. We should all go out and fly real aircraft instead!

Flightsims *are* unrealistic.  Flying a real aircraft is a totally different experience.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

8 hours ago, Juliet Alpha said:

Even those who think this is "not important" should vote for HW. It doesn't affect them for anything but may benefit others!

No, if it doesn't affect you, then vote for something that does.  It's more likely that thing will benefit others.

Just another example for which I would use historic weather: one of my favorite countries to fly is Norway. However, those winters are quite long over there and after flying over nothing but snow for a few weeks I would REALLY love to fly over there with at least a greener landscape. Now I could of course simply change the date but then I would be flying over a summer landscape with winter conditions... that would be odd. The only option left would be to enable a weather preset but those are utterly dull and predictive. In comes historic weather. I could pick a random day in July and let my self be surprised by the weather I run into while enjoying the summer landscape. That might be good weather or bad weather but at least it would be correct weather for that date and it would not be the same old predictive preset.

Anyway, there are LOTS of reasons why adding historic weather would be a good idea and it would open up an interesting world of possibilities.

• Like 5

I don’t see Asobo ever adding HW themselves. After all, Microsoft and LM never did it with earlier sims.

It was Hi-Fi who made it possible. But given the SDK is locked it would take a superhuman effort for them to interface with the weather engine.

But opening up the SDK to third-party developers would be far less effort so perhaps the request needs to be changed.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

7 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

Flightsims *are* unrealistic.  Flying a real aircraft is a totally different experience.

That's what I tried to convey: A flightsimulator is not reality and we use them mostly for entertainment. A setup that would mimic reality would be so expensive that renting a real aircraft probably would be cheaper (thinking GA here).

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

4 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

That's what I tried to convey: A flightsimulator is not reality and we use them mostly for entertainment. A setup that would mimic reality would be so expensive that renting a real aircraft probably would be cheaper (thinking GA here).

Gotcha.  Yes, in my area I can rent a 172 for $200+.  You'd never get that from MSFS, because in addition to buying hardware, the sim aircraft will never respond like a real one.  And you could never duplicate the actual sensation of getting airborne.

hw.jpg

YES!!!

vote, vote, vote!!!

😁

(I hate this voting system, but vote 😉 )

Historic Weather (as second timeline) - Community Support / Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Edited by guenseli
  • Like 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is an example, as there are still people who do not have an idea why we need historic weather:

mist2.jpg

mist3.jpg

now starts the season with the nice misty mornings. When I get home from work later, this is all gone 😩

Edited by guenseli
  • Like 5

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

So historic weather should include historic date/time too I presume. Same sunset time etc. God we need this.

We already have the possibility to change the day and time which of course includes sunset time etc. It's only the weather which cannot be set to a former day/time. I guess one week backwards would be enough. Even 24 hrs would help a lot.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 4

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).