Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Please vote for historic weather

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

We already have the possibility to change the day and time which of course includes sunset time etc. It's only the weather which cannot be set to a former day/time. I guess one week backwards would be enough. Even 24 hrs would help a lot.

Historical weather should automatically be in sync, so there is no need to manually set the date/time also. "Just works".

I already have historical weather with ActiveSky for XP.  This is a must feature for MSFS.

Edited by Greazer
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

I guess one week backwards would be enough. Even 24 hrs would help a lot.

I think that's an unnecessary and also unwanted limitation. If you create the tech to read historical weather data from an hour ago you can just as simply read historical weather data from a year ago with that same tech. The data is there, the tech is missing. Asobo 'only' needs to create the tech. I prefer at least a full year worth of historical weather so we can at least fly with summer circumstances when it is actually winter. But I am sure some people would like to fly with even older weather data so they can for instance re-live a certain storm or whatever. Anyway, all I wanted to say is that a limitation of a week would be a shame and is not needed. Apart from that we shouldn't settle for 'just a bit' or mediocre: we should wish for the best. 😉

• Upvote 1

I don’t like using presets so only Live Weather works for me, Which means I still haven’t seen a natural dusk flight in Europe🥲

really want historic weather… 

• Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I want to be Twenty years old again never going to happen, I would love to bring back even 1 year to see my favorite Uncle again not going to happen. I want to go a apply for a PPL and use some earlier made up weather to get certified not going to happen. Whats the big friggen deal, of coarse this is coming from someone tries to simulate thing as realistic as possible on live time.

• Upvote 1

On 8/24/2022 at 7:30 AM, guenseli said:

please do me and us a favour and vote for historic weather!

Done 🙂

• Like 1

André

42 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

I want to be Twenty years old again never going to happen, I would love to bring back even 1 year to see my favorite Uncle again not going to happen. I want to go a apply for a PPL and use some earlier made up weather to get certified not going to happen. Whats the big friggen deal, of coarse this is coming from someone tries to simulate thing as realistic as possible on live time.

Nonsense. Everything you are giving as an example is not going to happen because it's impossible. Historic weather in a simulator is very well possible and hence a normal thing to ask for. Of course this is coming from someone who also tries to simulate things as realistic as possible on live time but who doesn't always have the opportunity to do this at interesting live times. Or who can only fly in the evenings and doesn't want to fly in the dark during winter (which lasts forever in for instance Norway) for months and months. Or who likes to fly at the other side of the world but... well, I won't repeat all the valid reasons for historic weather again. 😉

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Do you think there is a really challenging programming/implementation issue here that prevents this from happening or is it just a low priority for Asobo ? Personally I never use historic weather, although I can see the benefit when flying in Europe early morning when in reality I am flying with North American Eastern time weather.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

28 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Do you think there is a really challenging programming/implementation issue here that prevents this from happening or is it just a low priority for Asobo ? Personally I never use historic weather, although I can see the benefit when flying in Europe early morning when in reality I am flying with North American Eastern time weather.

I don't think there is a really challenging issue at hand here. They simply (well... sort of... 😉 ) need to 'activate' it somehow. Current weather is being read and implemented and they will 'simply' have to add an option to read the historic data too. I mean, the data is there! I don't know what MSFS is using right now but for instance AccuWeather is using Azure already and they do have data about historic weather somehow so... I don't really see a huge problem here, certainly NOT for Microsoft.

12 minutes ago, tup61 said:

I don't know what MSFS is using right now

I'm not sure if you're able to form a substantive answer as to whether it's a challenge or not if you don't know this fairly basic fact. It's Metoblue, btw. 

Edited by Chapstick
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Low priority.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 hour ago, jbdbow1970 said:

What is the point to argument with real life situations for a simulation?

When you crash with a plane in the sim you start again or do you commit suicide? When you get a failure in the FENIX or PMDG addon, you uninstall it, because its broken then?

Sometimes I really wonder ...

• Like 4

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

I'm not sure if you're able to form a substantive answer as to whether it's a challenge or not if you don't know this fairly basic fact. It's Metoblue, btw. 

Thank you. Meteoblue it is indeed. Well, even beter then! They absolutely have historical weather, up to 1979. That should be sufficient. 😉 And they are already in contact with MS/Asobo so... add the option and let's go! 😉

2 hours ago, MarkW said:

I think when I had AS 16 in P3D I used historic weather maybe three times in around five years. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I think when I had AS 16 in P3D I used historic weather maybe three times in around five years. 

When I had Active Sky in P3D I almost always used historic weather - for all the reasons already given.

Hence I really really miss it in MSFS. For me this is the only severe step backwards that MSFS still brings compared to P3D.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Nice to know. I used it almost daily. And I am sure I am not the only one who used it on a regular basis.

• Like 1