Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

PMDG 737-800 is NOW available!

So the aircraft must be a work of art with every nut bolt in place and a super flight model and all working buttons and knobs since there are 7 pages of discussion on the pricing (which we already knew months back) but not a word on how good or bad the aircraft is. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, psolk said:

Loyal customers who carried over from P3D and purchased the NGXu got the -700 for free and the -800 for $39.99 so they actually did reward long standing loyalty.  I paid $39.99 for the -700 and -800 and don't need the -600 or -900.  More than fair from my side of the fence.

Perhaps their business model on the 800 doesn't allow for all the purchasers of the 700 to get a discount and still make their target because they stood by their word on their credit system for P3D carryover users.  Lots of factors can go into their business decisions but I doubt being ridiculous is one of them. 

That's my last comment on pricing , enough has been said already.  

So what? I have been using PMDG products for more than 16 years and didn't went the P3D road due to various reasons. Am I not "loyal" whatever that even means...

btw: If you haven't noticed I am not talking about pricing I am talking about that there is still stuff missing in the msfs pmdg aircraft that has been promised to be implement years ago...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, z06z33 said:

It's pretty ridiculous that they are charging people who bought the 700 full price for the 800

Dou you really need both though? No one is forcing anyone to buy anything and PMDG is known for not giving discounts for previous buys, lets face reality. I got the 600 for $35 and feel pretty content with it, no need for any other 737 in MSFS this is all fake reality anyways. Looking forward to a 777-2 or 3 release that is to be guaranteed be significant more than any 737 variant and the crying will really start for a extra long hauler, betting starts at $99-$109. The average MSFS user mindset needs a little adjustment to a pricing model for serious addons.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, saifs said:

So the aircraft must be a work of art with every nut bolt in place and a super flight model and all working buttons and knobs since there are 7 pages of discussion on the pricing (which we already knew months back) but not a word on how good or bad the aircraft is. 

What? It's fine. It's exactly the same as the 700. Livery selection is a bit meagre though.

Edited by jarmstro

4 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

So what? I have been using PMDG products for more than 16 years and didn't went the P3D road due to various reasons. Am I not "loyal" whatever that even means...

btw: If you haven't noticed I am not talking about pricing I am talking about that there is still stuff missing in the msfs pmdg aircraft that has been promised to be implement years ago...

I actually wasn't referring to you hence why I quoted someone else.  Didn't want to engage in your Fenix vs PMDG debate in the PMDG release thread. 

Not sure why you think I was speaking to you, I quoted someone else directly and was addressing them not you.  Hence why I was talking about something different to you too... 

Edited by psolk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I watched this video this morning out of curiosity. After I got the Fenix A 320, I decided that having flown the PMDG 737's for several  thousands of hours in P3D, I didn't feel like purchasing it again, I am just  really happy with the Fenix. I was surprised however that watching this video of the 737, that I had remembered about 95% of the info in the video after several years, and thought it would help anyone flying this aircraft for the first time, so I decided to post it on this thread. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, micstatic said:

900 is better for me. More interesting as more of a dog. The 800 is the vanilla ice cream of airliners 

Kind of agree.  I picked up the 700 at release, and I may consider the -900 depending on price.  From a pure flying standpoint, this combo just makes it more interesting.  The -700 and -900 (or -600 and -900 even more) will feel more like different aircraft.  The -700 vs. -800, or -800 vs. -900 will have more subtle differences.

• Like 1

Andrew Jones

26 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Dou you really need both though? No one is forcing anyone to buy anything and PMDG is known for not giving discounts for previous buys, lets face reality. I got the 600 for $35 and feel pretty content with it, no need for any other 737 in MSFS this is all fake reality anyways. Looking forward to a 777-2 or 3 release that is to be guaranteed be significant more than any 737 variant and the crying will really start for a extra long hauler, betting starts at $99-$109. The average MSFS user mindset needs a little adjustment to a pricing model for serious addons.

I have bought the -600, -700 and now the -800, they're absolutely great because you always get quality from PMDG. By the logic used by some then it seems that PMDG should have produced the -700 and left it at that... However then you'd find another chunk of people moaning that there isn't an -800 or -900 or yes even the -600. I've even seen people moaning about the lack of a wingletless model... It's painful reading and you just can't satisfy everyone in this community.

Personally I'm just thankful that these aircraft exist in the first place. I've seen a lot of comparisons made to the Fenix A320 but any simmer with a bit of age under their belt will remember that worthwhile Airbus aircraft didn't exist at all until the FSLabs came along only 6 years ago. These comparisons are therefore lost on me because we've never had this luxury of choice. For me I'm like a kid in a candy shop and so I'll always look to buy it all whatever the price, it's unfortunate that others don't feel the same way.

A good example of my feeling is to try this - go and fly a 767-300ER... You can't because it doesn't exist. That's what flight simulation has been like for over a decade. To be able to compare the PMDG 737-800 at this quality in this sim to the quality of the Fenix A320... It's a dream and honestly guys you don't know how good you have it.

I bought their 777 twice for FSX and P3D, I'll buy it a third time when it comes out.

Edited by G MIDY
  • Like 5

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

Naw not paying $70 again for basically 98% the same a/c as the -700. To those who do , fair play.  

• Upvote 3

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

38 minutes ago, psolk said:

Loyal customers who carried over from P3D and purchased the NGXu got the -700 for free and the -800 for $39.99 so they actually did reward long standing loyalty.  I paid $39.99 for the -700 and -800 and don't need the -600 or -900.  More than fair from my side of the fence.

Perhaps their business model on the 800 doesn't allow for all the purchasers of the 700 to get a discount and still make their target because they stood by their word on their credit system for P3D carryover users.  Lots of factors can go into their business decisions but I doubt being ridiculous is one of them. Perhaps it's as easy as the -700 and -800 are the multivariant Passenger/Freight/BBJ releases and hence more $$ than the -600 and -900 single variant release.  

That's my last comment on pricing , enough has been said already.  

Agreed, but the strategy to release these in the sequence that they did was a bit shady imo. I understand there was a potential lack of funds to pay for the dev of the EFB and that's the reason they did what they did, pure assumption on my end. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Long wait but so far this thing is great. Graphics and sounds are better than Zibo! Ground handling is rock solid. Way better than expected.

Here's a question, is it possible to switch to kg in the options? I don't see it. Also how to switch between the 160 and 184 passenger variants?

• Like 2

I had purchased the 700 when it came out thinking I'll just pretend it's an 800 and skip the 800 altogether. Sorry to say I could not resist buying the 800 today. All for the sake of realism, operating real-world 800 routes. 700 routes do not exist in my neck of the woods. Whatever one might say about PMDG there's no denying they do have an excellent business development / marketing mindset. Who else finds themselves in my situation today?!

34 minutes ago, G MIDY said:

I have bought the -600, -700 and now the -800, they're absolutely great because you always get quality from PMDG. By the logic used by some then it seems that PMDG should have produced the -700 and left it at that... However then you'd find another chunk of people moaning that there isn't an -800 or -900 or yes even the -600. I've even seen people moaning about the lack of a wingletless model... It's painful reading and you just can't satisfy everyone in this community.

Personally I'm just thankful that these aircraft exist in the first place. [...]

I own the -700 and don't have any plans to buy another 737 NG. It's a great sim aircraft, and the other ones, I suppose, are great too. For me personally the differences are too small to justify buying the other variants, I'd rather buy something completely different, such as the Fenix A320 (haven't flown it much yet, still concentrating on the 737), or the BAe 146 (going to buy it when I get bored with the 737 and A320). Also looking forward to the A310 in the 40th anniversary edition.

I totally respect that other simmers have other priorities, that some don't like the -600 and -700 because they're too stubby, or they need more than one variant for the immersion when flying virtual airlines. Totally valid, but those points aren't very important for me personally.

I like to learn and understand how the aircraft works, what the procedures are, and how exceptional situations can be resolved. Using a different airframe within the 737 family changes some minor parameters of it, but the overall concept stays the same. My budget for buying sim aircraft isn't too constrained, but still I prefer spending it for aircraft that offer me a whole new learning experience. I haven't even tried the BBJ and Cargo variants of the -700, I like passenger jets when flying airliners 😉 I might try the BBJ when I have the time to fly long-haul, to learn about managing the extra fuel tanks.

I'll sure be tempted to get the MAX8 when PMDG releases their 737 MAX series. It's not the -800NG, but it takes on the same role, and the experience will be different enough to justify it for me 😉

Anyway, I'm glad we have a choice between ALL variants (ok, the -900 is still a month or two away). And I'm sure we wouldn't see so many heated discussions had they released the highly anticipated -800 first, instead of three months after the -700... Which many have bought only because they wanted to start flying the 737... 

Edited by pstrub

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

15 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Agreed, but the strategy to release these in the sequence that they did was a bit shady imo. I understand there was a potential lack of funds to pay for the dev of the EFB and that's the reason they did what they did, pure assumption on my end. 

I think that if we think about it from their logical perspective including the NGXu credits they had to honor it made sense.  

If they release the -800 first it is likely most with a credit would use it on that.  Then there is a greater chance those same users don't use the remaining credit on the -700 but choose to wait and use it on the 777 instead (which some may do.)  But more than likely users like myself who had the credit would take the -700 for free and spend $39.99 for the -800 and use our remaining credit.  Now they have probably taken a very high percentage of those credits off their books.  See, perfectly logical business sense rather than somehow being "shady"

Unless optimizing balance sheets is shady business practice now.  No different that Porsche usually releasing their most expensive model first 😉  Those who want it bad enough will pay.  I don't see it as shady.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg