Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

PMDG 737-800 is NOW available!

Can someone link a good simbrief profile please, Ive lost my old one.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Purchased...will download it when I get home from work...Time to plan lots of flights from and to Cairo...Egypt Air has around 30 737-800's 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

The B737-600 is the same plane as the B737-800?  I have wondered why Boeing makes several versions of the same plane too, not to mention why an airline would need to make a choice - why don't they all just buy the 600?

I better buy the B737-800 from Fenix or JustFlight - got a link?

Good point - I'll hold off a purchase until the 'Thranda Xplane (soon maybe in msfs)' release the B737-800 for MSFS.

Yes PMDG is top dog for Boeings. And SWS is for Kodiaks, Fenix is for Airbuses... WT is top dog for CJ4 mods, FBW is tops for A320 neos.... :-) waddyawant?

• Upvote 2

According to FSElite the price will even increase in October. I leave it uncommented,

You can purchase the PMDG 737-800 now from the PMDG store for $69.99, during the early adopter period, which will end in October. The price will then increase to $74.99.

• Like 2

Not my price tag either...way too much!

A look back:

- they released the 700 at the same price of 74,99$ (discounted 69,99$)

- then came the Fenix with its price tag of 60$ (and we do know what system depth that has)

- the -600 came at a much lower price tag so I said to myself: Look, these guys realy understand the market and place the products acordingly

BOOM

- the much awaited -800 comes for say WHAAAAT 74.99$????? -> no thanks

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Have both the -600 and -700 and if i could id grab the -800 no question especially for the Qantas livery.  Outstandingly modelled outside aircraft for nice airport population and also a good cockpit simulation of a simulated 737 cockpit in a home simulator itself. 

Edited by 40track

18 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

BOOM

- the much awaited -800 comes for say WHAAAAT 74.99$????? -> no thanks

As a departure from Airbuses, I recently bought the 600 for around £29 and absolutely love it and now fly nothing else.

The problem I have with the 800 is that I'm being sold four separate a/c when I know that I will only ever fly the passenger version. The other three will never get off the ground. 

Having said that, I bought the 600 for a bargain price to see if I enjoyed the transition to Boeings with the intention of buying the 800 if I did. So all things considered, I will probably still buy it...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So much for the "addons will be cheaper in MSFS" comments. 

Surprised by the prices of the 737 series. Especially as they don't include non-winglet options. Overall they will be much more expensive than their P3D products.

• Upvote 2

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

Does the -800 at least support secondary flight plans (so has it the latest FMC update) or is the option implemented to use the modern communication panel (with the numpad)? They had promised to add this in FSX days...

btw: I bumped into the aerosoft webpage, and they used to sell the 600/700 as an expansion package for 30 USD. So you would get 3 airplanes(600/700/800) for 143 USD. Now you pay 170 USD for these package. Maybe I will just stick for the Fenix and wait for ifly. Though time to think about it till October...

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

70 bucks oofda?  You can get the 600 for half that price - I'd just stick with the 600.  I own the 700 and am happy with that.

The -800 is such a standard in the world it's hard to skip.  By comparison the -600 I passed on for now as it's gone from Westjet and the only real use I'd have for it is small hops to Area 51.  Actually the whole effort I'm not really using because the EFB is such a standard in real world cockpits it weird not having it in the PMDG birds after using the amazing Fenix A320.  That being said I'm getting the -800 and -900 when it comes out as these birds are highly used by real world airlines.

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

3 minutes ago, Dillon said:

That being said I'm getting the -800 and -900 when it comes out as these birds are highly used by real world airlines.

I think this is what stands behind the price strategy...and if it's true, it's not realy customer friendly

IMHO they knew that the 800 and 900 would be the 737 to have so they released the other two before.

Edited by GEKtheReaper
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Just did two flights with the PMDG 737-800. It was very fun to fly.  In my first flight, there was a little bit of stuttering when I was landing in CYVR using the FSimStudio CYVR, and there was also a little bit of stuttering when I switched to a custom passenger window view.  In my second flight though, I didn't notice any stuttering, so maybe it was just my first flight?  Overall though, aside from the minor stuttering, everything was smooth so I'm happy. 

One thing I really like are the sounds when the flaps lower, from the passenger wing view. It sounds so realistic!

Glad that I saved up to buy the 800. The 700 on discount for $52.50 USD, and the 600 for $35 USD, were very enticing, but I skipped those discounts, just to wait for the 800.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

For the people unhappy with the price of the 800, I was hoping the price would be lower than $70 too. Oh well, I'm not complaining, because Randazzo originally said the 737 for MSFS would cost $140 USD, about 2 or 3 years ago.

Having said that, there is a possibility of a sale, several months down the road, just like there was a sale for the 700 in the last two weeks.  Then again, there is the possibility that this special $5 discount ends at the end of the period designated for the $5 discount, and that the price of the 800 goes up to $75 USD.  But if I were a betting man, I would bet that there will probably be a discount on the 800 in the next 6 months, such that the price of the 800 will be less than $60 USD (just like the 700 was priced at $52.50 USD two weeks ago). If you have the patience to wait it out for the next 6 months, you will probably get a good deal on the 800.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

9 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

70 bucks oofda?  You can get the 600 for half that price - I'd just stick with the 600.  I own the 700 and am happy with that.

What's with all the price whining? They announced the prices about 4 weeks before the 700 was released. There are no surprises here.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2