PMDG 737-800 is NOW available!

4 minutes ago, loiphin said:

That speaks volumes.

They all do the same don't worry. 

Fenix, aerosoft, orbx,  REX.  Pmdg

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

Just now, Nyxx said:

Was not talking about the NG with BAV mark. I want to email them to get my account re opened but there are no email links to anyone on there site I could see.

I just PM'd the HR director to ask him who you should contact. I will advise.

• Like 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

8 minutes ago, loiphin said:

I posted a message on the PMDG forum ( a long time supporter of them, and purchased earlier 737-800/700/600 and 777)  just saying that I was annoyed at the pricing structure for the 737-800 considering I had already bought the -700. If it was $35 I would have been more than happy to spend the money. It was a cordial message, and nothing mean or malicious. Now the post has quietly been deleted by someone.

That speaks volumes.

Can I ask what you expected going into the developers private forum and "cordially" complaining about their pricing and the price point "you" would have been more than happy to spend the money? 

Do you go to the Apple support forums and tell them the price you "would have" bought the i-phone?  Did you go to Microsoft to tell them you are a long time windows user and what price Office365 would have been attractive to you?  Do you walk into the car dealership to tell them the price you "would have" bought a car?  Why is this discussion any different? 

Neither Avsim nor PMDG tolerate certain discussions and I don't blame them.  

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

11 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I just PM'd the HR director to ask him who you should contact. I will advise.

Thank you very much Mark.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Too expensive for people already owning the 737-700.  It's 98% the same plane.  

70$ for a 5 meters longer 3D model and a slightly different flight model is not worth it. 

Edited by Aaron555
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Just got the -800 for $39.99...I had $30 remaining from my store credit...I think it's a good bargain 

Planning a flight now 🙂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Aaron555 said:

Too expensive for people already owning the 737-700.  It's 98% the same plane.  

70$ for a 5 meters longer 3D model and a slightly different flight model is not worth it. 

Like paying again for a GA aircraft that had a 2 bladed prop for the same with a 3 bladed prop.  😉

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

As the 800 costs twice as much as the 600 is it twice as good?

Just supply and demand, most people have been waiting for the -800. Loading first flight now.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, psolk said:

Can I ask what you expected going into the developers private forum and "cordially" complaining about their pricing and the price point "you" would have been more than happy to spend the money? 

Do you go to the Apple support forums and tell them the price you "would have" bought the i-phone?  Did you go to Microsoft to tell them you are a long time windows user and what price Office365 would have been attractive to you?  Do you walk into the car dealership to tell them the price you "would have" bought a car?  Why is this discussion any different? 

1. It was a Customer forum for the 737 on MSFS, not a developers private forum.

2. I have no expectations from PMDG.

3. I was asking them to reconsider their pricing model for previous customers, as they are more likely to benefit from it, rather than alienate some of their customer base.

4. Deleting posts on a public forum, with no explanation to the OP is rather poor behaviour.

Edited by loiphin
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, psolk said:

It's a public forum. Any customer can sign up and post as long as they sign it with their real name (a stupid policy IMO, but a discussion for later). The guy is well within his right to voice his opinion as there as long as he is not being toxic or breaching written forum rules. Deleting posts that can be seen as criticizing is just poor moderation and makes them look like as if they cannot take any form of criticism.

Edited by UltimateAntic
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, UltimateAntic said:

It's a public forum.

Privately owned.

Freedom of speech does not apply on privately owned forums.

On top of that the pricing model was revealed in the first week of May. There is no point in continuing to complain about it with each new release of one of the variants.

I would even say there is no point in complaining about it. Period. 

This is a business decision. Those are only governed by work input and projected sales. Only if the sales do not meet expectations a company will move the price tag, as long it remains cost effective.

Don't like the price? Either buy it or don't. But stop crying foul about it to the company.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, loiphin said:

1. It was a Customer forum for the 737 on MSFS, not a developers private forum.

2. I have no expectations from PMDG.

3. I was asking them to reconsider their pricing model for previous customers, as they are more likely to benefit from it, rather than alienate some of their customer base.

4. Deleting posts on a public forum, with no explanation to the OP is rather poor behaviour.

11 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Privately owned.

Freedom of speech does not apply on privately owned forums.

On top of that the pricing model was revealed in the first week of May. There is no point in continuing to complain about it with each new release of one of the variants.

Glad that someone understands that key point 🙂    PMDG owns the forum, it's theirs, it's privately owned and content is controlled as such... 

You don't see PMDG deleting the pricing complaints here on Avsim do you?  Not their forum they don't control the content which is very different than posting on their forums to complain about their pricing model...

Perhaps they agreed as a team any discussion of pricing would be immediately deleted as Avsim has done with licensing discussions on a certain platform here.  Avsim can control their content, PMDG can control theirs.  

So yes, you posted in their private forums that are publicly accessible. 

They could also ban you without explanation, it's their forum.  Similar to how moderators here can choose to delete posts as well.  Just because you have access to the forum doesn't mean you have free speech in it.. 

• Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Whatever if you don't want to buy it don't buy it!

I bought it, yes baby!!!!!

Also liking the PMDG much better then the Fenix because PMDG has their own LNAV / VNAV not from Prosim and that's why it is working with all my hardware home cockpit setup!

With PMDG I have a remote CDU and overhead panel and working MCP/EFIS without having to buy a Prosim suite of €1500!

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, psolk said:

Do you walk into the car dealership to tell them the price you "would have" bought a car? 

I do this anytime I wish to buy / lease a car. Only crazy people DON'T do this...

Edited by Mike T
  • Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Just supply and demand, most people have been waiting for the -800. Loading first flight now.

Not really supply and demand as the supply is unlimited but the demand is. Still, I've bought it and I was not forced to do so. More like an offer I couldn't refuse.  Therefore I will grumble about the price (and the exchange rate) silently!😀

Edited by jarmstro