Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

PMDG 737-800 is NOW available!

Just now, garydpoole said:

How do they know which version you're actually flying - do they use Vatsim? 

There is a tool which is recording your flight and every relevant information that you have to submit to the VA after your flight ends, so they see which aircraft you have used.

14 minutes ago, Torsen said:

Errr... There are a lot of VAs out there that do not have this silly restrictions. Honestly I never understood why to join a VA that is limiting my freedom to fly to special plane versions and real world routes? But thats highly subjective for sure... 

This 'silly restriction' is exactly why I joined Virtual Ryanair. I own all of the study level airliners in MSFS and love all of them.  However, the combination of the PMDG 737 and Flight Simulator First Officer is a fantastic combination. 

I personally like to simulate the real world operations as close as possible. I want to fly real routes at the same times with the same aircraft. With Virtual Ryanair I can fly my favourite MSFS aircraft/Virtual first officer on 100% of the schedules.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

59 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

I guess this isn't the thread where we should say that we like the 800, is it ?

I like the 800, own the 700 and plan to buy the 900.  😉 It's nice to have the option to purchase which package you want.

Edited by Wise87
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Have the -600/700 and gonna get this one in a minute or two.

Aviaworx,CP flight drivers and Virtual airlines like SVA SAS and Norwegian hopefully will back it up (Server issues with SVA btw?)

Btw what weights in kilograms are you using in Simbrief under passengers and bagage? 

Thanks 

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

11 minutes ago, Kyuss said:

I don't think this is the forum where you should say you like anything.

I once said that you could give away free money in this forum, and some folks would still complain.

I just did a live update in the GSX Installer, and the 800 seems to be working correctly now.

• Like 7

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 hour ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

This 'silly restriction' is exactly why I joined Virtual Ryanair. I own all of the study level airliners in MSFS and love all of them.  However, the combination of the PMDG 737 and Flight Simulator First Officer is a fantastic combination. 

I personally like to simulate the real world operations as close as possible. I want to fly real routes at the same times with the same aircraft. With Virtual Ryanair I can fly my favourite MSFS aircraft/Virtual first officer on 100% of the schedules.

Do you think Virtual Ryanair would let me in with the Fenix A320 in the colours of SmartLynx, the wet leasing company? 

That way, when Ryanair cannot fullfil the flight themselves due to crew or aircraft shortages,  I can drop in for them.  If they want realism, there you have it!  :biggrin:

SmarLynx are actually running replacement services for TUI and Jet2 this year due to staff and aircraft shortages.  So it is a real thing actually.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I’m at work with one question, how is it and worth the upgrade from 700?  Ok that’s two questions!

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

My only issue is that American Airlines jets have white engines, and all the repainters are leaving them white.  I don't understand why people think these airplanes are white.  The base is light gray.  Steve if your out there, any chance you can fix the stock American?

Also, GSX dosen't work with it at this moment with it.  Can't save edits, locations are all wonky, but umberto is working on it.

Other than that, flies great, looks great.  But at 70 dollars that's the last one I buy.

7 hours ago, Farlis said:

Indefinately.

The discount program ends in December 2024.

5 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

However, it was exactly this that got everyone their precious 600 for $35. 

I very much doubt that personally. It was always clear the 600 is nowhere near the other variants in terms of popularity and with the promise to lower prices with MSFS I don't think there was a way for them to price that any higher. I also think a higher price would not make any business sense, since you still want to maximize the number of units sold even for an 'unpopular' product and only a very attractive price (from the customer's POV) will achieve that. That's business basics and was likely decided internally pretty quickly. Not sure if people complaining on AVSIM had any impact on that.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, sidfadc said:

I’m at work with one question, how is it and worth the upgrade from 700?  Ok that’s two questions!

Here's the thing. It flies great, looks great, and is only different from the 700 in size, performance, range, and a few of the systems control panels.

Worth it is relative to you, and only you. If you duplicate real world flights, or are in a VA, then it may be very much worth it to you. If you just want to do some 737 flights in general, it may not matter to you. Both are nice airplanes, and each on it's own is "worth it".

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

6 hours ago, 737_800 said:

I haven't bought any PMDG of the 737-series for MSFS yet.

Ahh…okay….

• Like 1

Hi.

Bought this plane today and have follow tutorials how to start from cold and dark. But I cant get the APU running. It says fault when I try to start it. I have turn off the failures in the menu but its the same. I think I followed all the steps in the tutorial.
I remember I had som problems with the APU in the 737 in X-plane as well. What am I missing? I have turned on the fuel pump. 🙂

7 minutes ago, slizy said:

Hi.

Bought this plane today and have follow tutorials how to start from cold and dark. But I cant get the APU running. It says fault when I try to start it. I have turn off the failures in the menu but its the same. I think I followed all the steps in the tutorial.
I remember I had som problems with the APU in the 737 in X-plane as well. What am I missing? I have turned on the fuel pump. 🙂

All you need to do is turn the battery on and then fuel pumps on, flip the apu switch to start and then watch the gauge shoot up to 8 then back down to 3 stabilize and then turn on the APU GEN switches.Then APU bleed.  Unless you meesed with settings in the FMC options pages.  Even if you have external power applied the APU should still start.

4 hours ago, Millingp said:

I wish all those moaning about the price of the 800 would give it a rest.  I parted with my money for the 700 and also for the 800 and I'm more than happy.

What PMDG charge for their models is a commercially based business decision and a decision for them alone to make.   I wish them every success with their business model and I hope they make a lot of money and and invest much of those funds into their business so that they can grow and make more money and in so doing have a long and secure future developing some of the best quality simulation products available.

Keep it going guys!

As in all purchasing decisions - if you don't like the price - don't buy it - simples!!

Exactly this!!!

• Like 9

8 hours ago, psolk said:

Well it has significantly more variants than the -600 included so you can argue yes it is justified to ask double for what's included.  

• Includes the 737-600 in passenger configuration.

• Includes the 737-800 in passenger configuration with both blended winglets and split scimitar winglet configurations.
  • Includes the Boeing Business jet in with both blended winglets and split scimitar winglets configurations.
  • Includes both the 737-800 BDSF & BCF freighter with main deck cargo door with blended winglets.

This is all marketing Strategy.

PMDG knew at heart their 737-800 was the main draw.

They have been nothing but milking the maximum possible financial return out of this frame now for several years. It is the formulaic cut and dice approach by drip feeding the craving enthusiasts with model series releases optioning for masses of variations , options and "extras".

So what you may say?  They in are in the business to maximise profits where ever possible,  as any operating business would do.

Yes, well its at the expense of the public who maybe don't want to fit into this mold of purchase. Do they care? Not unless sales fall drastically.

I personally don't want the extra varieties of 738's offered with this purchase, I am interested in the Passenger variant only. Am i going to be able to buy the 738 just as a passenger jet? -  No.

For many the argument that you get the BJB and Cargo version for this price argument is really irrelevant if you are not going to fly them.

Why not offer just the 738 passenger version by itself at a lower price? Because PMDG would say that eats into their profit margins and development time and sales of the 736 and 737 would likely suffer. Hence the order of release shall be:  737, then the lower priced stubby 736, then the anticipated big seller the 738.

The only way PMDG will reluctantly abandon this model and respond to differing selling options is if the products on offer sell far below their predictions curve.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 7