Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

PMDG 737-800 is NOW available!

1 minute ago, psolk said:

I don't see it as shady.  

It's debatable, but I see your point. 😉

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

6 minutes ago, psolk said:

Unless optimizing balance sheets is shady business practice now.  No different that Porsche usually releasing their most expensive model first 😉  Those who want it bad enough will pay.  I don't see it as shady.  

If your self-control is so low that you fall for these tactics, you shouldn't blame the vendor 😉 Especially if you really want the -800 but can't make yourself wait and buy both the -700 and the -800 in the end 😂

Edit: Anyway, for me to call a business shady, they'd certainly have to try and hide some important facts from me. I didn't see this happen with the PMDG 737, on the contrary, I'd rather say they've been completely open about their release schedule and their pricing.

Edited by pstrub
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

3 hours ago, Aaron555 said:

Too expensive for people already owning the 737-700.  It's 98% the same plane.  

70$ for a 5 meters longer 3D model and a slightly different flight model is not worth it. 

Ryanair virtual airline does not allow the 700 to be used, so the 800 is worth it.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

3 minutes ago, pstrub said:

If your self-control is so low that you fall for these tactics, you shouldn't blame the vendor 😉 Especially if you really want the -800 but can't make yourself wait and buy both the -700 and the -800 in the end 😂

Exactly, I know the problem is between my chair and my keyboard not somewhere over at PMDG HQ... 

Sort of like how my crew always says the biggest issue with the race car is between the seat and the steering wheel LOL  

• Like 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

2 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Ryanair virtual airline does not allow the 700 to be used, so the 800 is worth it.

PMDG should pay them commission 😛 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

2 minutes ago, pstrub said:

PMDG should pay them commission 😛 

Have you ever flown with Ryanair ? Nobody should pay them anything. 😉😅

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

11 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

That is the main reason I have been flying Flyvirtual.net for around 3 years. You can fly any aircraft you want, anywhere in the world you want. Don't have to listen to some "boss"  telling you what you can fly and what you can't when you have about 8,000 hours or more than they do. 

https://flyvirtual.net/index.php/

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I guess this isn't the thread where we should say that we like the 800, is it ?

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 6

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

17 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Errr... There are a lot of VAs out there that do not have this silly restrictions. Honestly I never understood why to join a VA that is limiting my freedom to fly to special plane versions and real world routes? But thats highly subjective for sure... 

9 minutes ago, Paul K said:

Have you ever flown with Ryanair ? Nobody should pay them anything. 😉😅

THIS! I would even not know why to fly one virtually for my own fun and pleasure!? 

Cheers T.

• Like 1

I wish all those moaning about the price of the 800 would give it a rest.  I parted with my money for the 700 and also for the 800 and I'm more than happy.

What PMDG charge for their models is a commercially based business decision and a decision for them alone to make.   I wish them every success with their business model and I hope they make a lot of money and and invest much of those funds into their business so that they can grow and make more money and in so doing have a long and secure future developing some of the best quality simulation products available.

Keep it going guys!

As in all purchasing decisions - if you don't like the price - don't buy it - simples!!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Torsen said:

Errr... There are a lot of VAs out there that do not have this silly restrictions. Honestly I never understood why to join a VA that is limiting my freedom to fly to special plane versions and real world routes? But thats highly subjective for sure... 

THIS! I would even not know why to fly one virtually for my own fun and pleasure!? 

Cheers T.

it's a challenge to take as less fuel as possible and hope it will be enough, do it on VATSIM and the psychological aspect even increases when you realize that you have to declare an emergency and admin in front of all the other vatsim-users that you got to less fuel on board (Never happend to me!) - as real as it gets.

If you fly in the EU it's a good virtual Airline, because of the variaty of destinations.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Torsen said:

Cheers T.

The thing that really bugged me was when you joined a VA, and they wanted to give you a flight test and start you off in a C 172, and then after 50 hours you could move up to a turbo prop or twin. What a bunch of word not allowed. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

32 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

How do they know which version you're actually flying - do they use Vatsim? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, garydpoole said:

How do they know which version you're actually flying - do they use Vatsim? 

All the VAs I have flown with use Acars.