Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

PMDG 737-800 is NOW available!

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Can someone link a good simbrief profile please, Ive lost my old one.

I thought you only flew the bus. 

I'm glad in a way Im working this weekend.  There will be an avalanche of Ryanairs at EGLL on vatsim 

14ppkc-6.png

How long does the NGXu credit last?  Just not sure I can justify buying the 800 when the 700 feels so close.  If hold out for the 777 don't want to lose the credit?

28 minutes ago, Farlis said:

What's with all the price whining? They announced the prices about 4 weeks before the 700 was released. There are no surprises here.

...and keep in mind that the -600 has only one variant (passenger), whereas the -700 package contains 3 variants (passenger, cargo, Boeing Business Jet), and the -800 has 4 (passenger, BBJ, BDSF, BCF). 

While it depends on the individual user whether this makes enough of a difference to justify the price differences, there's certainly more included in the -700 and -800 package than just a longer fuselage compared to the -600. 

Edit: I went for the -700 when it was released. Not for the added variants, just because I didn't want to wait any longer and don't care much about flying the correct airframe all the time. So I'm not really tempted to buy the -800 (but I respect that others pay more attention to detail)... 

Edited by pstrub

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

6 minutes ago, RobF2 said:

How long does the NGXu credit last? 

Indefinately.

I bought the 700 and the 800 with it. So I had to pay $30 for the 800 and got the 700 for free.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1

When recording the purchase of the 800, my checkbook program pulled up my last PMDG purchase, which was the NGx in Nov, 2019. I decided to pull up all of them and do a little math.

11/30/2018 737-800 NG $89.99
11/7/2019 737-800 NGx $99.99
8/24/2022 737-800 MSFS $39.99

$229.97

I've spent $230 on PMDG 737s. It sounds like a lot, but if I break it out by time, it has been 3.74 years of flying at a cost of $5.13 per month. I think that's pretty reasonable since one 6 pack of my favorite beer (Harp) costs $9 and only lasts a few hours on a good day. 😁 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

31 minutes ago, Farlis said:

What's with all the price whining? They announced the prices about 4 weeks before the 700 was released. There are no surprises here.

Just because it was announced four weeks ago doesn't mean it can't be discussed. And not everybody reads 'PMDG Daily' so they may have missed it. And even if you did catch the news, its another thing altogether to be able to navigate through the 18 pages of drivel that RSR puts into those things....so not everybody knew about the pricing four weeks ago.  

• Like 5

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

8 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

Just because it was announced four weeks ago

Not four weeks ago. Four weeks before the release of the 700. That was in the begining of May. In the same post where the release schedule was announced (which they missed by 25 days).

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/176154-07may22-pmdg-737-700-release-pricing-where-and-how-to-purchase#post176154

That post was also referenced on AVSIM back then. So YES I a can expect regulars like Ryan, whom I quoted, to know this stuff.

Edited by Farlis
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Yes, but does that mean we are not allowed to discuss it any more on here by your reckoning?  It seems like you want to shut people down, on a public forum.  Why?

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just now, bobcat999 said:

Yes, but does that mean we are not allowed to discuss it any more on here by your reckoning?  It seems like you want to shut people down, on a public forum.  Why?

There is no disccussion going on:

"$70?!" Is not a disccusion. It's a rehash of already known information. 

• Like 1

As the 800 costs twice as much as the 600 is it twice as good?

• Upvote 1

I don't see a need for the -800 on my side. Happily flying the -700 and as I have my free will and not bound to real world operators or routes so I don't know why to spend more money on it? I'm 99,9% flying for VAs and with the initial 70 bucks thats well spent money. But every pilot is different so I wish you fun with the long awaited -800! My counter is at 90 hours on the -700 in msfs atm and enjoying it every minute.

Cheers

T.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Why am I getting a 404 error on the PMDG site,from Thailand? My PMDG Ops center was able to perform the update,I tried Microsoft Edge,and Firefox.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

5 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

No.  They just are going to sell more if them. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

Yes, that's what I've been doing, but I mean, PAX / CARGO / ... and the cruise alt + flightplan directly imported ... Is this possible now ?

It was not in the updated -700 this morning so as all should be on same level I would say afaik no.

Cheers

T.

14 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

If you only fly the passenger version of both, probably not. But for those who want to simulate the variant and routes that today’s airlines use, it’s the 800.

Personally, I think the 600 is like the “dwarf” version of the 737, it just looks weird.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM