Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

PMDG 737-800 is NOW available!

At any rate I am happy users have a choice - my choice is the 700 and have voted with my wallet by not buying any other models.  

• Like 6

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 minute ago, Mike T said:

I do this all the time. Only crazy people DON'T do this...

Haha, fair point but I can't walk into my local dealer and tell them if they would have only priced that new F150 at $20k instead of $80K which is what I wanted to pay I would have bought it and expect to be taken seriously... 

Also guessing you haven't been on a car lot lately 😵 I nearly needed clean knickers when I saw Jeep's for $75,000-$110,000  and F150's for $75000 or an F250 for $120,000+!!!  You can tell them what you "want to pay" and they can laugh at you all the same 🙂

• Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Just now, Treetops45 said:

Liveries available via PMDG system?

T45

There may be a few more trickling in, but this is the base list:

nyekSm.png

Of course...there are already about 10,063,346 -800 liveries over at flightsim.to (well, maybe not that many, but give it a month) 🤣

• Like 4

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, loiphin said:

I posted a message on the PMDG forum ( a long time supporter of them, and purchased earlier 737-800/700/600 and 777)  just saying that I was annoyed at the pricing structure for the 737-800 considering I had already bought the -700. If it was $35 I would have been more than happy to spend the money. It was a cordial message, and nothing mean or malicious. Now the post has quietly been deleted by someone.

That speaks volumes.

What's really annoying is that there are some that think the world will end tomorrow if we don't hear their opinion on pricing of PMDG aircraft.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

41 minutes ago, Farlis said:

But stop crying foul about it to the company.

However, it was exactly this that got everyone their precious 600 for $35. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I mean pricing is relative right? Relative to what you get for your money. When some people claim that Fenix and PMDG are not comparable because they develope different airframes, this is not accurate. Since, I personally don't compare their developed airframes, I compare the technology that is behind. When you look at this on this point, you can compare both developers very well. Technology-wise the Fenix (or other devs apparently) is superior - and ironically cheaper. PMDG apparently has still no secondary flight plan, communication panel with numpad, opening doors and windows are also missing, no EFB yet. If you look at the display technology Fenix has simulated every pixel, THIS is comparable because it is not depended on the airframe that has been modeled and the difference is obvious. It is about technology.

PMDG seem to have always excuses, back then they had to increase the prices because of the P3D licensing model, today they cannot offer different pricing models, because of the Marketplace? They stated back than in FS9/FSX times, they couldn't simulate opening windows because of the limiting 32-bit memory by FSX. Today we don't see these limitations and still there is not everything modeled whereas other devs deliver that stuff on the first release and are cheaper. Opening windows and doors are not that important for operational flight (even thought you don't need the fresh air as a virtual pilot, but rather because of the checklist, just to be able to check if the windows/doors are really closed). And many more things like that, I can only compare what is obvious since I haven't bought any PMDG of the 737-series for MSFS yet.

I don't want to be mean against PMDG, I used to really like them, but I just can still not see revolutuary development what we had seen when they brought out the PMDG NGX. That was a huge step from the PMDG FS9 to the PMDG NGX. It's not about the 75 USD, it's about what you get for it.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Aaron555 said:

Too expensive for people already owning the 737-700.  It's 98% the same plane.  

70$ for a 5 meters longer 3D model and a slightly different flight model is not worth it. 

Size DOES matter to some.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

2 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

I mean pricing is relative right? Relative to what you get for your money. When some people claim that Fenix and PMDG are not comparable because they develope different airframes, this is not accurate. Since, I personally don't compare their developed airframes, I compare the technology that is behind. When you look at this on this point, you can compare both developers very well. Technology-wise the Fenix (or other devs apparently) is superior - and ironically cheaper. PMDG apparently has still no secondary flight plan, communication panel with numpad, opening doors and windows are also missing, no EFB yet. If you look at the display technology Fenix has simulated every pixel, THIS is comparable because it is not depended on the airframe that has been modeled and the difference is obvious. It is about technology.

PMDG seem to have always excuses, back then they had to increase the prices because of the P3D licensing model, today they cannot offer different pricing models, because of the Marketplace? They stated back than in FS9/FSX times, they couldn't simulate opening windows because of the limiting 32-bit memory by FSX. Today we don't see these limitations and still there is not everything modeled whereas other devs deliver that stuff on the first release and are cheaper. Opening windows and doors are not that important for operational flight (even thought you don't need the fresh air as a virtual pilot, but rather because of the checklist, just to be able to check if the windows/doors are really closed). And many more things like that, I can only compare what is obvious since I haven't bought any PMDG of the 737-series for MSFS yet.

I don't want to be mean against PMDG, I used to really like them, but I just can still not see revolutuary development what we had seen when they brought out the PMDG NGX. That was a huge step from the PMDG FS9 to the PMDG NGX. It's not about the 75 USD, it's about what you get for it.

You mean Fenix or Prosim?

Fenix is just a Prosim suite in a nice jacket! And that is also why it is not compatible with any hardware!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

You mean Fenix or Prosim?

Fenix is just a Prosim suite in a nice jacket! And that is also why it is not compatible with any hardware!

That what I have mentioned above has nothing to do with ProSim. Nothing of that what  I have written would need secondary supplier for data.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

That what I have mentioned above has nothing to do with ProSim. Nothing of that what  I have written would need secondary supplier for data.

You are compare their technology behind it you say, so in the case of Fenix that is Prosim. What I am saying is that with PMDG all my technology / hardware is working but with Fenix not. And I think it has to do because of the Prosim technology. Pmdg has their own LNAV / VNAV and is not constrained by a third party.

Because if all the hardware would work with the Fenix airbus why would somebody still buy a Prosim suite of €1500?

I also fly the Fenix and love it also but too bad I don't have a remote overhead or CDU!

Edited by rob0203

It's pretty ridiculous that they are charging people who bought the 700 full price for the 800

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

4 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

You are compare their technology behind it you say, so in the case of Fenix that is Prosim. What I am saying is that with PMDG all my technology / hardware is working but with Fenix not. And I think it has to do because of the Prosim technology. Pmdg has their own LNAV / VNAV and is not constrained by a third party.

Because if all the hardware would work with the Fenix airbus why would somebody still buy a Prosim suite of €1500?

I also fly the Fenix and love it also but too bad I don't have a remote overhead or CDU!

When I say technology I am not talking about hardware, it's about software - not only the technology that has been used develope the aircraft, also the technology that has been used to simulate technology with the aircraft (e.g. newest version of the fmc-software, more accurate options on the instruments). PMDG has been on the market for 25 years, Fenix only a few - and they have started working on the LNAV/VNAV. It's not that I want to say the one is better than the other, but if certain technologies are implemented in many aircraft and in others not than something is going wrong. I could have easily list stuff that is better on the FBW than in the Fenix, and that is freeware vs. payware, not payware vs. payware. I thing PMDG improved lighting in their aircraft and you can see that they utilize the MSFS technology in other areas they could do better, I believe that, because they have the resources.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, z06z33 said:

It's pretty ridiculous that they are charging people who bought the 700 full price for the 800

This has been discussed a long time ago. There's no way of giving a discount to those who bought it in the Marketplace, so it would be unfair to them to sell it cheaper on the PMDG website. There might even be rules for the Marketplace sellers that prohibit this - but I'm just guessing here.

Edited by pstrub
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

46 minutes ago, z06z33 said:

Loyal customers who carried over from P3D and purchased the NGXu got the -700 for free and the -800 for $39.99 so they actually did reward long standing loyalty.  I paid $39.99 for the -700 and -800 and don't need the -600 or -900.  More than fair from my side of the fence.

Perhaps their business model on the 800 doesn't allow for all the purchasers of the 700 to get a discount and still make their target because they stood by their word on their credit system for P3D carryover users.  Lots of factors can go into their business decisions but I doubt being ridiculous is one of them. Perhaps it's as easy as the -700 and -800 are the multivariant Passenger/Freight/BBJ releases and hence more $$ than the -600 and -900 single variant release.  

That's my last comment on pricing , enough has been said already.  

Edited by psolk
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg