Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

SU 10 is out!

I know someone addressed this, but this is how I dealt with the windowed mode weirdness.

After the update, my window was bigger than my screen and the window overlapped my task bar. I used WINDOWS KEY + RIGHT to resize it to where I could see the window bar, then re-maximized it.

This is from Official release notes:

DirectX 12 support is currently in development and can show performance and GPU memory utilization regressions compared to DirectX 11. Due to higher GPU memory consumption, the simulator may be oversubscribing memory, which negatively impacts performance. Lowering graphics settings can help avoid this situation in DX12.

Which means DX12 beta (at this stage of progress it is right now) is ultra hungry for Vram, So if someone has 3080 for example with 8gb vram and everything maxed out with TLOD to 500 will have stutters and low performance from both sides ( cpu/gpu)

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

9 minutes ago, RobJC said:

I saw exactly zero improvement with DX12 and the studio driver vs DX11 and the previous driver. 

I tried the studio driver with DX12 and lost over 15fps, tried the studio with DX11 and still got a lower fps. so went back to the gaming driver. With DLSS enabled I have nearly 20fps increase with the new upgrade, DX11 and gaming driver, all with ultra settings

Asus Maximus Hero X11, Intel i9 10850k, 32gb Corsair Dominator ram, 2tb Corsair mp510 ssd  m2, Gigybyte turbo RTX 3090

2 hours ago, Ikarus280 said:

It is now possible to buy GTX 3080 new for around 1000 euro

you can buy a (used ?) RTX 3090 founders edition on Amazon for only 977 € and always return it within 30 days if the quality is not acceptable.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

1 hour ago, Seth2021 said:

This is weird as you have a Beast PC. 16-20 fps in Heathrow with 3090ti? I never had those numbers in MSFS so far on ultra settings. 

Maybe you need to try with less TLOD, 100 to 200 ( max) as 3950x is fighting with the monster 3090ti 

1 hour ago, MattNischan said:

With that beefy a card, you're unlikely to be GPU limited. As such, increasing GPU performance with DLSS is not going to have much or any effect.

49 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I’m not surprised with a TLOD of 300. I wish Asobo had of capped that’s setting at 200. 

Thing about all this is that I was doing better than this in most ways with SU9. Certainly in terms of frame rates, if I was out in the sticks around the south of England for example I could get typically 45 fps and be quite smooth. Yes, if I lower the TLOD it improves things, but I was running LODs of 500 before SU9 and still getting smooth flights capped at 30. I cut it back to 300 in SU9 in an attempt to get round the problems I was having in that release (stutters, CTDs etc). I have a large HDR monitor, and LOD matters to me as a blurred distance with a noticeable demarcation line (as opposed to a blurred distance caused by atmospheric hazing) really shrieks at me.

I wasn't particularly looking for any kind of amazement with DLSS, but I thought I might see some kind of benefit. But so far it seems that my actual performance is worse than in SU9. I haven't played with it long enough yet to see if my other SU9 issues have gone, but so far, so disappointed. I will continue to play and experiment. Quite willing to believe I may have missed something simple so I will re-check my setup. Meantime, glad that lots of folks are finding this to be a tremendous update. If a little envious.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

4 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

HDR still needs the workaround, lol 🙂

That's odd... Mine has been starting up in HDR every single time I start the sim without fooling around with it ever since I installed the 516.94 driver.

3 hours ago, TheFamilyMan said:

Essentially, all SU10 beta users had SU10 final pre-installed, and no further action is needed now. 

I had a feeling that 1.27.21.0 was the release version. I was getting worried that they were going to mess me up with an update because both DX11 and DX12 are running better than ever on my mid range system.

19850K, 2080Ti 11GB. 32Gb GSkill DDR4-3600 .

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

So I have much improved performance, but ground handling seems even more unstable than before. The V35 and stock G 36 are very hard to control on the runway. I am using live weather and flying out of KAPF, Naples FL. Metar says winds at 3 knots.

DLSS  seems to have a slight improvement, but I'm not positive.

The planes are bouncing around a lot also. I don't mind, but it seems more exaggerated than before the update.

10 minutes ago, mikegrr said:

The planes are bouncing around a lot also. I don't mind, but it seems more exaggerated than before the update.

Wind gusts seem to actually be implemented….should make take off and landing more realistic.

Anyone experience the weird car traffic "matrix effect" yet? 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Pros:

1. Delighted to be able to toggle the taxi ribbon on/off now w/ a keystroke, separate from combined landing and taxi previously.
  2. DX-12 Beta was bizarre--main thread CPU way way up and unable to maintain 30fps by vsync, so DX-11 performance much better, I think.  I was able to go up on T-LOD by maybe 50% over previous, but I saw some of the worst photogrammetry ever until I deleted the rolling cache file which help in KLAX area, but when I got to KSFO it looked off again, so not quite sure yet but hopeful. I've never been able to land the PMDG 737 (or even the B78X HD) at KSFO using T-LOD over 120 maximum.   I thought this was supposed to work pretty good now?  Did I miss something on how to make DX-12 shine?  I did install the new Studio Driver, and as well deleted the Shader Cache, FWIW.  TBH, I did not stay in DX-12 long when I saw the mainthread hitting 80-94% which is up from 40-60%--as I say, bizarre, unexpected.
  3. I think there is nice improvement with the Voxel Grids appearing w/ my configuration (I used Sharpening in Post Processing--gotta have it) so that's hopeful.  Kind of too early to be sure but so far so good
  4. PMDG 738 works great still post SU10.  I did get a genuine controller scare though!  Couldn't get the flaps to budge, nor could not operate the rudder and even the brakes!  Starting my taxi and that was that!--I thought controller settings might have been hosed by the update but it was the bloody need to do maintenance on the hydraulics 😐
  5. At this point, first impression on one full flight, DLSS doesn't do anything for me.   I really like crisp imagery and already have a decent GPU, so back to TAA and RS--BUT...RS now up from 120 to 140 or more.

Cons:  none so far ;0)

So all in all for the early release first flight I'll take it.

If you haven't already voted on this you might consider it.  I know there is SPAD and Axis n Ohs but really this should not demand a whole other app to setup.  Please vote on it even if you use one of those apps for those of us who would prefer to avoid a 3rd party solution to something that ought to be present in-app, like Xplane does:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ability-to-have-separate-control-setups-for-each-aircraft-without-having-to-manually-switch-between-20-controller-profiles/267419

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I've lost all my settings, profiles, etc. This sucks. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, marcg11 said:

Wind gusts seem to actually be implemented….should make take off and landing more realistic.

I certainly had a nice lively buffeting on my first test flight.

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

I exited the MSFS beta program via Xbox Insider this afternoon, as it instructs you do to with no issue. But when I started up MSFS afterwards, it immediately and automatically downloaded a 1.8MB update.  When the update window later appeared to do the update, it showed the default MSFS install path for the install operation and informed me there was insufficient disk space.  I use a custom MSFS install path (a MSFS dedicated disk), and after I directed the install window to use it rather the default, the install completed instantly and successfully (and seemingly installing nothing), and ending with all as it should be...Yay!

I am guessing that when Xbox Insider finished it's undoing of my beta group participation, it set that default install path value, which afterwards triggered the (apparently unneeded) download operation.  No big deal, but something to watch for.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Fixed a performance drop when more than 4 World update photogrammetry packages are installed

Does this mean the problem with Photogrammetry Cities was fixed?

• Like 1

James