Sign in to follow this  
elee

Poor Performance with NVIDIA 4090

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

€ 99,90 = $ 100 for a cable …..

We need an 90 degree angled connector 

Ugh, that's expensive. But they (cablemod) have 90 degree connectors, no? I normally order from caseking.de, but I think they don't have these connectors yet. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

To all this we must add that the 4 cables of the connector are hanging and their own weight makes them exert some kind of downward force. This plus the heat that expands and the cold that contracts, can generate a problem in the medium term. I have an ASUS rog strix helios case with enough space that it will never hurt the connector, but what I indicated above can be a problem. Definitely a different connector is needed, which gives greater strength and security to the connector, after all, the current that passes through it is important.

Eduardo Lee

(MROC)

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Ugh, that's expensive. But they (cablemod) have 90 degree connectors, no? I normally order from caseking.de, but I think they don't have these connectors yet. 

I took out the lamels and now 3 there is mm space …

There are no angled connectors (yet) on the IN from what I have seen.

I really like the “doubled” franerate as AI ac indeed move much smoother.

My left view client ( 8700K @ 5 GHz / 3090 ) looks quiet good but in sharp turns I can see jitters when the horizon goes up/down. 

Perhaps in a few months I’ll buy a 13900K for my server and put the 12900K + new mobo in the left view client.

Also still have my 14 core 7940X + AORUS X299 mobo ….  Nostalgy..

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

6 hours ago, steve310002 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Nvidia will have to do a total recall. It's a ridiculous design and quite shocking that something so obvious, in such an expensive and advance piece of technology, still managed to pass quality control. 

Agree 100% ... apart from the price of the 4090, i can´t understand why NVIDIA didn´t supply a suitable adapter for all of its high end products...

• Like 2

Win11Pro - i713700KF - RTX3080Ti

€100 for a cable is a real joke. It's like they know anyone who has paid the price of an RTX 4090 probably has another €100 to waste. Total rip-off. Nvidia need to fix this.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Nvidia do seem to be taking a leaf from Lucas Electrics (of British  Car and Motorcycle fame) book. 

Back in the day,  British vehicle owners observed that smoke appearing from under the dash was often followed by some sort of failure such as the headlights going out. 

The obvious conclusion was that the escaping smoke was clearly essential to the proper operation of the electrics and needed to be put back into the wiring harness. 

The solution of course was to purchase Lucas approved replacement smoke.

Smokekit2.jpg

Seems like Nvidia need to start selling replacement smoke.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Looks like you need a bigger case 😄

Looks like you need a better designed 4090. class action suit incoming. I would not want to be the Nvidia engineer who signed this off.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Glad I’m skipping the whole of the 4xxxx series and staying with the 3090. Wait and See what the 5xxx brings.

Eric 

4 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Glad I’m skipping the whole of the 4xxxx series and staying with the 3090. Wait and See what the 5xxx brings.

Nah, once the smoke has cleared it will be great 😆

• Like 5

As much as these cards cost, they shouldn't even be put in our cases. They should come as external self-contained units with their own power supplies, that you just run the video cable to the PCIE port through the back of your PC. Not only would this reduce the amount of heat in your case, but they could design a superior cooling solution and make the cards a bit faster. The tricky part would be maintaining the bandwidth on the PCI-E extension cable over the needed length, but I'm sure they could figure it out.

I'm sorry to say, but I think NVIDIA has taken their playbook from Apple on this one, overcharge and people will buy it anyways.
Not that it isn't better overall, but this is the least amount of raw improvement from any x90 series to another.

Hopefully AMD will have something more interesting in a couple weeks.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

At the moment I’m glad I went for the vertical mount, although there were other reasons for that. I was not aware of these issues back then. 

3 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Haha, good one Steve!

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

5 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

The tricky part would be maintaining the bandwidth on the PCI-E extension cable over the needed length, but I'm sure they could figure it out.

I think it’s possible. Got a 600mm PCIE riser cable from Lian Li.

5 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I'm sorry to say, but I think NVIDIA has taken their playbook from Apple on this one, overcharge and people will buy it anyways.

Yup. There will always be those poor suckers who buy their stuff, lol. 😉

Edited by Cpt_Piett

37 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I think it’s possible. Got a 600mm PCIE riser cable from Lian Li.

Yup. There will always be those poor suckers who buy their stuff, lol. 😉

I feel like the bigger sucker for spending thousands on addons for a few "flying pixels"...

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

1 hour ago, steve310002 said:

Ya, any GPU that may require you to pay your property insurance deductible and/or call the fire department is a pass for me. 😅

Eric 

I will upgrade my motherboard, cpu and memory first before I get a 4080 or 4090, which CPUs are best for MSFS today? or is it better to wait for a while?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |