Sign in to follow this  
elee

Poor Performance with NVIDIA 4090

1 hour ago, elee said:

After at least 2 hours of flight at cruising speed and FL380, the stutters begin. Very noticeable outside the cabin, inside the cabin, etc.
At the beginning of the desender the stutters continue a little more uncomfortable, as if it were heavy scenarios, but it is not, since I am reaching NSFA, Samoa (Or any other scenario without any heavy load of graphics).

Any suggestion?

Ya, turn HAG back to off. 

Eric 

What things are called can get fuzzy.

The Iranian "drones" used in Ukraine by Russia (they are basically a cheap cruise missile that uses a propellers for thrust rather than actual drone)  are being called "Killer Robots" in some parts of the media.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Ya, turn HAG back to off. 

Has to be on for DLSS3 I think...?

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

What things are called can get fuzzy.

The Iranian "drones" used in Ukraine by Russia (they are basically a cheap cruise missile that uses a propellers for thrust rather than actual drone)  are being called "Killer Robots" in some parts of the media.

They are going to pitch it in whatever way makes the customer feel the product is the most advanced, to as much as they can get away with, without being caught in a complete lie. Since most people don't really care about how it does it, they get away with it. ML and Deep Learning isn't fuzzy though, it's a very distinctive way of designing your algorithms, and they just simply aren't used in real-time imagery on our PC's, not in a meaningful way on any desktop computer. 

That said, there is one scenario which could almost fit their baloney, that it's possible they used scientific image modeling experts run some experimental modeling on the result set to see what is possible, and some scientific modeling apps do use ML, but DL is still experimental. Machine learning means being able to learn with regular algorithms, deep learning means being able to train the machine to learn like a human would learn (using more complex algorithms). Deep learning is still an experimental thing mostly only used by scientists in research programs (sure Google, IBM, the other big tech are part of it sometimes). AMD and Nvidia are really not at the leading-edge of any of this research, as this is a very specific field and most of the money in this research field goes to the manufacturers of medical, defense, optics, big pharma, biotech, and astronomy. About 70% of it comes from just those fields. Most hardcore imagery research isn't constricted to "real-time", which is why AMD and Nvidia do not allocate a lot of money to imagery research, because all their stuff requires near real-time processing, and most of the machine learning stuff has no uses in this. 

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

13 minutes ago, elee said:

The only times I've heard about performance getting worse the longer you fly has been with the memory leak issue. But maybe that was just FPS and not spikes. I'm not sure.
Have you checked if your Virtual Memory is large enough?

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

49 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

The only times I've heard about performance getting worse the longer you fly has been with the memory leak issue. But maybe that was just FPS and not spikes. I'm not sure.
Have you checked if your Virtual Memory is large enough?

I have 64GB of Ram, how much virtual memory should I configure?

Eduardo Lee

(MROC)

https://www.igorslab.de/en/adapter-of-the-gray-analyzed-nvidias-brand-hot-12vhpwr-adapter-with-built-in-breakpoint/

spacer.png

• The problem is not the 12VHPWR connection as such, nor the repeated plugging or unplugging.
  • Standard compliant power supply cables from brand manufacturers are NOT affected by this so far.
  • The current trigger is NVIDIA’s own adapter to 4x 8-pin in the accessories, whose inferior quality can lead to failures and has already caused damage in single cases.
Edited by turbomax
  • Upvote 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

• The current trigger is NVIDIA’s own adapter to 4x 8-pin in the accessories, whose inferior quality can lead to failures and has already caused damage in single cases.

Wow. 

10 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

So, just FE ? 

it is the adapter cable, not the card.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

Just now, turbomax said:

it is the adapter cable, not the card.

I know, I mean the cables that come with FE... are they different to own brand ones...? 

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

cables that come with FE... are they different to own brand ones...? 

no, the poorly designed cable is the same for all 4090s.

"Summary and conclusion

The overall build quality of the included adapter for the GeForce RTX 4090, which is distributed by NVIDIA itself, is extremely poor and the internal construction should never have been approved like this"

https://www.igorslab.de/en/adapter-of-the-gray-analyzed-nvidias-brand-hot-12vhpwr-adapter-with-built-in-breakpoint/

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

very nice.

8 hours ago, elee said:

I have 64GB of Ram, how much virtual memory should I configure?

I also have 64GB Ram, for me :

Initial size: 98304 MB
Maximum size 262144 MB

On my fastest M.2 drive.
There's a formula somewhere for the best size, I don't remember where I found it but I followed that and it's smooth performance. 

• Like 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

56 minutes ago, turbomax said:

no, the poorly designed cable is the same for all 4090s.

"Summary and conclusion

The overall build quality of the included adapter for the GeForce RTX 4090, which is distributed by NVIDIA itself, is extremely poor and the internal construction should never have been approved like this"

I assume this would be better then? :-

https://www.awd-it.co.uk/components/power-supplies/corsair-psu/corsair-600w-pcie-5-0-12vhpwr-type-4-psu-power-cable-cp-8920284.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw2OiaBhBSEiwAh2ZSPwKZflgYhhOBdR5_VC_V82dv0evj3uZgO00R8u-bakiwRW2HuiOL7RoChuYQAvD_BwE