Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 - Announce Trailer

8 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Well, just going by the most recent dev Q&A https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/may-2023-developer-stream/591452 , they spoke how world updates are done and who does what at this timestamp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQzeTwdJzTQ&t=1427s, and end up with this statement:

Jorg - So if you think about world updates, net, we by and large have about between 100 and 120 people working on this and then get data from the big Microsoft data providers. That’s how this works. Hopefully that was useful, not too long!

I believe they have hinted at or explicitly stated the size of their overall team in previous Q&As, but just going by above it's kind of easy to extrapolate the size of the extended development team.

Interesting, thanks. However 120 people to make the world look prettier? I wonder how many are allocated to AI, ATC etc….? 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

ATC: I remember in the recent Q&A when they were asked about ATC re-work and them pausing/smiling and saying that it's being reworked but will take time

The very fact they're (still) advertising for an employee to work on this area suggests it will take a long time...

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

5 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Interesting, thanks. However 120 people to make the world look prettier? I wonder how many are allocated to AI, ATC etc….? 

Lovely...

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

6 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

. The video goes into a lot more about this and there is teams outside of Asobo who work on World Updates. One a specific section of a World Update it mentioned this for example: 

Pl1y76P.png

• Upvote 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

1 hour ago, Zangoose said:

Fantastic dev, that certainly knows how to treat his customers.

• Like 9

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

What great news to start the day from my news feed from  MSFSADDONS:

Responding to the community’s rising tide of curiosity, Microsoft has now addressed the most pressing questions in a newly released FAQ that clears three main questions surrounding this announcement. First, MSFS 2024 will be a standalone new simulator release and not a DLC for the current 2020 edition of Microsoft Flight Simulator. Secondly, and perhaps most importantly of all, virtually all existing add-ons for MSFS will be compatible with the impending 2024 edition and won’t have to be re-purchased. Lastly, the team promises to continue to support and deliver new content to the 2020 edition.

Everyone has the option to play the game of their chose with all their favorite addons! Exciting times as a flight simmer to see what is in store for the new engine driving 2024!

Edited by The Flight Level
  • Like 3

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

One thing is FOR SURE!  This all enforces the fact that MFS is here to stay, and far from abandonware as some have preconized in the past...

Far from being dead, MFS is gaining momentum and even a guy like me who am extremely critic about the quality of it's flight dynamics and some weather modelling aspects have been beaten by the Glamour of the scenery, functionality, overall performance and stability.

The kind of adventures I see in the announcement of 2024 is exactly what I have dreamed to one day be able to find in a general purpose flightsim, and the ones I once dreamed could be added to MS FLIGHT. 

So, no doubt for me regarding being really happy with what we know so far. Time will tell, and honestly so far MS / ASBO hasn't given me any reasons to not believe it will be fun!

• Like 8

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

5 minutes ago, The Flight Level said:

Everyone has the option to play the game of their chose with all their favorite addons! Exciting times as a flight simmer to see what is in store for the new engine driving 2024!

is it confirmed it will be a new engine? I don't really see visual changes...

• Like 1

Victor Roos

It's obviously been developed to work with XBox, so we probably don't need to worry about any performance issues.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

4 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

It's the same engine as the horizon line bug is still there and forever will be by the looks of it.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

8 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

It is the same engine but very enhanced. As for visual changes, I'd say the most obvious one is the massive upgrade the trees have gotten. Also, animations are vastly improved with soft materials like ropes moving realistically, vegetation reacting the helicopters and so on. Also, There is an insane level of detail that I haven't seen in he current sim. Look at the equipment in Antarctica and especially the oil rig featured in the trailer.

• Like 6

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

MS/Asobo got us to buy into four years of beta testing for them.

So they could release an improved 2024 product.🤣

Well played!😉

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

33 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

Perhaps I should have used Microsoft’s word “evolved”.

Microsoft has previously said that this will be a “brand-new simulator is designed to take advantage of the latest technologies in simulation, cloud, machine learning, graphics and gaming to create the most sophisticated, immersive and awe-inspiring flight simulator of all time”, and it will be powered by a “significantly evolved Asobo Studio engine”.

Regardless, by the time 2024 rolls around, it is going to be a different beast. I believe there are going to be a number of powerful visual improvements keeping pace with the rate of technological change. I think we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg in this trailer. I often state, we don’t think things are possible because we work in the present state of knowledge. As technology changes, new possibilities emerge and MSFS is a perfect example of this. Microsoft published that well crafted statement because there is something very significantly different with the 2024 game generation that we will all be able to appreciate above the 2020 edition.

Edited by The Flight Level

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

One thing is FOR SURE!  This all enforces the fact that MFS is here to stay, and far from abandonware as some have preconized in the past...

Nothing is sure in this wretched world. It will endure as long as we are ready to fork out 70 bucks once every four years.  This is as much power that we have. It is of course a necessary but not sufficient condition. 

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

so far MS / ASBO hasn't given me any reasons to not believe it will be fun!

Thats the spirit

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

18 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

MS/Asobo got us to buy into four years of beta testing for them.

So they could release an improved 2024 product.🤣

Well played!😉

You're not wrong but on the other hand, we also got four years of fun in a sim that blew every other civilian flight sim out of the water. 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3