Sign in to follow this  
rocketlaunch

P3D 6 officially announced

5 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

V6 has very little that v5 already offers me

Impressive, you got all the information you needed for a decision point from a 1 min 27 sec video?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bendead said:

Ouch... 

Not surprised. Thanks for the link. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

15 minutes ago, CO2Neutral said:

it's more than a game and will never run on an XBOX, 

XBOX, probably the second magic word on this forum 😉

For some reasons, most people see the xbox with a negative vision and most of us immagine the msfs xbox user as a 14 y.o teenager with acne bumps all over the face flying a 747 upside down or under bridges. The reality is that most msfs xbox users are adults just like you and me and xbox is just a different platform to use the sim just like a PC or a Mac. Most of those xbox users just use the sim as seriously as PC users, trying to replicate real ops and procedures using serious yokes and joysticks like most of us do on ours PCs.

ok, end of this extra debate for me, just let go back on the main purpose of this thread.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, CO2Neutral said:

it's more than a game and will never run on an XBOX

Because it uses a very old engine (FSX) at its core?

• Upvote 4

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

18 minutes ago, sdirand said:

XBOX, probably the second magic word on this forum 😉

For some reasons, most people see the xbox with a negative vision and most of us immagine the msfs xbox user as a 14 y.o teenager with acne bumps all over the face flying a 747 upside down or under bridges. The reality is that most msfs xbox users are adults just like you and me and xbox is just a different platform to use the sim just like a PC or a Mac. Most of those xbox users just use the sim as seriously as PC users, trying to replicate real ops and procedures using serious yokes and joysticks like most of us do on ours PCs.

ok, end of this extra debate for me, just let go back on the main purpose of this thread.

Honestly, with how expensive PC hardware is, an xbox series x with the newly announced xbox bridge from honeycomb will make a perfect little sim machine. PMDG got their 737 running on it as well. I think if you had said that PMDG would release the 737 on xbox, people would laugh you off the face of the earth :D  

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, CO2Neutral said:

Impressive, you got all the information you needed for a decision point from a 1 min 27 sec video?  

Absolutely. Thanks for your concern:)

• Like 5

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , Turbocharged, EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40NG+tdi / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

30 minutes ago, virtualflying said:

This forum is the worst website on planet Earth.

And yet here you are 🤔

• Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I've seen hardcore blue collar union websites that are more civil than this one is at times, not always though. LOL

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Pete Locascio

Interesting for me is what about the things behind the UI. AI traffic, ATC system for example.

A bit worried about scenery compability. Yes backward compability is announced, but I think a bit of rework will be needed. There was already altitude issues in v5.

I will wait and see, probably left v6 out and go beyond it. Not that excited for v6 - yet.

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero

4 hours ago, CO2Neutral said:

And what does this have to do with "fake frames" in order to pump FPS numbers?  Taking on your statement, if anything that would make the prediction even less accurate (prediction on a prediction).  DLSS isn't really solving a problem, it's masking a problem.  Ray Tracing would be on the right path to solving the performance degradation involved in light transforms ... but GPU manufacturers still are unable to hit performance goals using that accelerated process.

Interpolation and projection are effective in all sorts of uses, including creating interpolated or projected frames to smooth out discrete stepwise changes at a faster rate than the data generated.  If the derived data is likely to be aberrant, such as in the case of random or noisy progressions, then the "fake data" issue might be a problem...but when frame-to-frame changes tend towards smooth, highly predictable progressions, as they do when depicting natural motion, and if the time intervals between the interpolations/projections are relatively small, then the aberrations tend to the minute and often completely unnoticeable.  The artificially-generated frames aren't being generated to make stats look better--they're being generated to enhance the perception of smooth motion and higher resolutions, and those using that technology can testify to its effectiveness in the right use cases.

Use of DLSS or FG to mitigate a problem isn't masking anything.  The ideal would be to generate the frames at a resolution and rate fast enough that DLSS and FG wouldn't be needed, but since that's not feasible yet, FG and DLSS are used to mitigate the effects of not being able to achieve the ideal.

• Upvote 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

haven't seen any comments on this yet but the issue with license discussions is now moot too.  They slightly changed the licensing model so the entry level is now called "personal" and the eula has been updated accordingly as well and the educational requirement has been removed.  Price for professional and developer did go up some.

Also updating will be a breeze and patches pushed out more easily.  No more needing to figure out if you need client and others or all.  Push a button and it'll update only the necessary files.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

Any news about antialiasing?

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

1 hour ago, Juliet Alpha said:

Any news about antialiasing?

Good tough. That's what I wanna know as well.