Sign in to follow this  
Andrew2448

PMDG Status Update 07OCT2023

On 10/8/2023 at 4:03 PM, Fiorentoni said:

By now I am convinced RSR does that purely for the sake of trolling the community.

Oh, how I hope that is true. I have this image in my mind of RSR typing an update, pouring himself a generous whisky, putting his feet up and watching with an evil grin as the Avsim chorus line starts its routine wailing. If fact, if true, I'll buy the man his next bottle.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

The way this has been built up with all the hype and release of release dates of release dates that will release release dates, this thing had better be something very special and lightyears ahead of what others have already done.

• Like 1

Looks like customers are starting to get upset...and banned for showing how frustrated they are. 

https://www.thresholdx.net/article/pmdefb?fbclid=IwAR3HoiXE1qBNcX77u_iZi2Wy964rrCSkExcu3FXKM3xre-U1N3itaU0tK5s

• Like 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

And we still have the really important stuff like RNP to go yet.  Wonder how long for that?  LOL

• Upvote 2

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I, personally, haven't been overly concerned with the PMDG EFB process, however I was an early adopter of their 737 Fleet for MSFS and was excited at the prospect of having an EFB fitted to those aircraft after their initial release.  I love flying the aircraft without an EFB however I did get frustrated with the latest "teaser" from Mathijs Kok (ex Aerosoft).  I cannot speak for the MSFS community, however my personal opinion of that bloke is pretty low and to see him lob up at PMDG and post half a shot of an EFB that "allegedly" is ready for imminent release is a joke.  I see the smug side of him starting to bleed through onto the PMDG forums.  After all, he is the bloke that sent the Aerosoft Twin Otter Sound Guy on a mission for which he never returned.  I hope he's okay.

Anyway, I thought that there would have been an abundance of EFB screenshots presented to us by now.  A nice, professional series of shots highlighting planned functionality and this all important GUI that Randazzo so eloquently kept telling us was one of the factors holding back release some many, many months ago.

So I've said my bit, and it's just my personal opinion and now I look forward to this PMDG "Masterpiece" sometime soon.

Jase

• Upvote 1

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

2 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

Looks like customers are starting to get upset...and banned for showing how frustrated they are. 

https://www.thresholdx.net/article/pmdefb?fbclid=IwAR3HoiXE1qBNcX77u_iZi2Wy964rrCSkExcu3FXKM3xre-U1N3itaU0tK5s

PMDG makes solid products, there’s no question about that, but this article sums up the customer experience on their forums for the last several years. The communication and interactions have started to deteriorate. I’ve been a customer for twenty years and won’t necessarily stop because of articles like this, but I do feel they make some valid points and things are beginning to become concerning.

• Like 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

8 hours ago, matsout said:

The way this has been built up with all the hype and release of release dates of release dates that will release release dates, this thing had better be something very special and lightyears ahead of what others have already done.

If their website is anything to go by, then I'd say not

9 hours ago, B777ER said:

PMDG EFB is almost Duke Nukem Forever level.

That turned out to be a pale shadow of what it should have been, so let's hope that history does not repeat itself!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

10 hours ago, B777ER said:

PMDG EFB is almost Duke Nukem Forever level.

Or Half Life 3

7 hours ago, Keirtt said:

PMDG makes solid products, there’s no question about that, but this article sums up the customer experience on their forums for the last several years. 

Years? More like decades.....

• Like 1

23 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

So they are doing what @rstough is doing at REX and banning people. Anyone complaining about Accuseaon not yet being released on third party stores gets banned from REX Discord. As such REX will never get another dime from me.

Eric 

1 hour ago, Kevin_28 said:

Someone referenced that article on their forum and it was locked down after Mathijs commented on it. Apparently he is not banned, just got served with an infraction.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/267982-interesting-news-community-needs-clarification

Sigh.. Mr "737 NG Driver" once again seems insistent on doing himself (and maybe PMDG by association) no favors at all, by bringing Fenix into it like this:
https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/267982-interesting-news-community-needs-clarification?p=267984#post267984
How many updates have we gotten from other developers over their development time? Fenix left us in the dark for 8 months at a time and even now nobody knows how their IAE development is progressing. All we know is that they postponed the IAE release because apparently their technology was so far advanced that they wanted to integrate it into the CFMs as well... and now that "more advanced than expected tech" leads to more delays?

In any case Mathijs' answer was actually more helpful and clarified the situation.. there is a lot of overblown rhetoric out there around this whole PMDG thing, and perhaps some of the comms coming out of PMDG and the way some on their team handle criticism doesn't help the situation at all.. Personally I actually am interested in whatever RSR and PMDG have to say, even if it's not meaty enough or doesn't give tangible previews and dates, since what RSR does offer (at least to me) are insights into how things are going in their development journey and how he and the team are feeling about things etc etc (all of which I find interesting). Those who seem to get triggered by RSR/PMDG always have that very handy and easy ability/choice to not read their updates 🤷‍♂️. In any case I hope the flight sim community will focus on the products that keep coming out of PMDG in the future rather than specific personalities on that team :s. I'm also hoping that given the "school of hard knocks" learning PMDG have gone thru with the 737 development and the EFB, that the 777 roll-out will be all about the aircraft and none of the drama 🙂

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, lwt1971 said:

there is a lot of overblown rhetoric out there around this whole PMDG thing

yep just have  to read  some of  the posts  in the  recent  pmdg  threads in  avsim  forum

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

18 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

How many updates have we gotten from other developers over their development time? Fenix left us in the dark for 8 months at a time and even now nobody knows how their IAE development is progressing. All we know is that they postponed the IAE release because apparently their technology was so far advanced that they wanted to integrate it into the CFMs as well... and now that "more advanced than expected tech" leads to more delays?

lol

• Like 13

Aamir Thacker