Sign in to follow this  
Andrew2448

PMDG Status Update 07OCT2023

1 hour ago, Beardyman said:

Typical PMDG style for many years. I was never a big fan of their way, prefer new comers with their transparency.

By now I am convinced RSR does that purely for the sake of trolling the community.

• Like 1

Another Bla bla from RSR.

Nothing new, just the never ending Bla bla 

Edited by nas123
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

spacer.png

Stop it! I’ve just sprayed a combination of hot sweet tea and digestive biscuit over my lovely curved screen, lol.😂

• Like 7

10 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

spacer.png

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

11 hours ago, MikeH99 said:

777 by Xmas.

2024 possible? ok I will stop.

This update tells us a few things we didn't know. Also, RSR had to do an update. He's set an expectation that every couple of weeks he posts a missive. The natives were getting restless on the PMDG forums.

The EFB:

Up until now, he has clearly said that while they kicked around release dates internally, they haven't set one internally until now. Why are they not giving us one now? If anything, the Fenix Discord losing their stomachs over a delay proved not to give a date until every little thing is checked off, loaded, and ready to have the button pushed. They also learned their lesson from the last time they gave a rough date on the EFB.

What is important is there was speculation his last update about SU13 changing how comms is handled would be yet-another-delay. It has not.

The 777:

We can forget it coming out this year. That is the Q1 he mentioned. Could it come out by the end of March 2024... plausible but who knows.

Mathijs has FINALLY posted the first (partial) image of the infamous EFB with a comment that the release date, feature list, and more previews will be coming this weekend. I would imagine that means an early to mid next week release as they typically only give dates a few days beforehand.

spacer.png

• Like 9

57 minutes ago, Andrew2448 said:

Mathijs has FINALLY ...

Wait, what? What have I missed?

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

7 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Wait, what? What have I missed?

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/general-discussion-news-and-announcements/267696-just-saying

• Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

That’s an odd fuel loading. 

AMD 7950x3d, MSI 4090 Supreme Liquid, 64GB@6000 CL30, MSI X670E ACE, 4TB Crucial T700 nvme, MSI AIO, Asus 43" HDR1000, Quest Pro, VKB gunfighter, Bravo throttle, TPR, IBM Model M keyboard, Shure SM58

23 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

What?!

I seem to be living under a rock.. 🤪

Omg, we can finally see a tin tiny bit of the efb, and we get a release date this weekend. 
Teasing, after teasing, after teasing, now even more teasing.

why can’t they just give us a word not allowed release date and proper screenshots and infos?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Merawen said:

Omg, we can finally see a tin tiny bit of the efb, and we get a release date this weekend. 
Teasing, after teasing, after teasing, now even more teasing.

why can’t they just give us a word not allowed release date and proper screenshots and infos?

Yeah its pathetic. So much raffle about something that is basically just a takeoff performance calculator.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Just now, ThomseN_inc said:

Yeah its pathetic. So much raffle about something that is basically just a takeoff performance calculator.

I hope winds will be implemented as well.

I also imagine a lot of what is in the PMDG/Ground Services portions of the MCDU will be there: doors, weights, fuel, loading, chocks, etc.