5 hours ago, monica6211 said:

I had the same issue with both dukes as well. I opened a ticket with Just Flight and they sent me instructions on how to install to a different directory.

Bring up the command prompt through the windows console. drag and drop the duke installer to the command prompt. Add a space, then add the word "browse" without the quotation marks, and hit enter. It will run the installer. A box will come up that will allow you to install it to the folder of your choice. After it installs, copy and paste the aircraft to your community folder. I did this, and it worked like a charm.

Thank you so much for this! Worked like a charm for me too!!

• Like 2

Tom 

Cant seem to find a fix that will let me set my HOTAS throttle all the way down without it going into the reversers in the sim. 

That would be fine if I had a detent, but I don't. 

Is there something silly I'm missing?

9 hours ago, xender said:

Guys, just to let everyone know that a few hours ago new official simbrief profiles have been added, for all the dukes

they are named BE60, BE6G and B60T

https://forum.navigraph.com/t/b60t-simbrief-profile-request/15662/12

Just picked this up and was modifying a C414 profile.  Glad to have the "official" profiles. Thanks!   Is there a Duke and a Grand Duke when you purchase the piston package? 

13 hours ago, WolverineHusky said:

For those that mentioned they are stuck in heading mode or can’t get the autopilot to work, be sure the pitch trim switch is in the correct position. Had the same issue and realized that was switched off when it should have been on.

Turbine a dream to fly and wow does she climb nicely. Gotta watch over speed on descent. Only bug I ran into is if you raise you seat height by pressing the space bar half of your viewpoint will be outside the airframe.

Very easy to land IMHO land between 80-85 knots). She does feel the wind though. 

My biggest problem with the plane is the cockpit view is bad. Tiny and narrow front window and engines block the views.  But otherwise a great plane. Will it replace my 414, King Air 350 or even the DA 42? Not sure but promising for sure. 

For me, it's difficult to trim and very nose-down heavy on the descent.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tierborn said:

For me, it's difficult to trim and very nose-down heavy on the descent

Only used the factory plane so far and yes trim horrendous for me too. After take off with trim set in green band plane pointed its nose UP so I pressed the forward trim for a second on my yoke and then I was nose diving. After that I was either 1000 up or 1000 down for just one or 2 clicks on the trim button. Ended up using prop and power to trim the plane despite this being very inefficient in climb and cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

7 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Only used the factory plane so far and yes trim horrendous for me too. After take off with trim set in green band plane pointed its nose UP so I pressed the forward trim for a second on my yoke and then I was nose diving. After that I was either 1000 up or 1000 down for just one or 2 clicks on the trim button. Ended up using prop and power to trim the plane despite this being very inefficient in climb and cruise. 

Yep, I did the same thing, had to use prop and power as well.  It is very inefficient.

17 hours ago, martinboehme said:

I'm seeing this too. The ISA deviation might explain a small part of it, but not a difference this big.

Can I ask though what TAS you were getting? I found that if I set power by reference to fuel flow (resulting in a significantly lower torque), I would get a TAS close to the book numbers.

There does seem to be a disagreement between the book numbers and the flight model though. 

I noticed it as well, the performances are far off from the book. To me it seems like the torque value display in the cockpit is incorrect and showing much less than it should. 

I’m also disappointed by the feel of the aircraft on the ground during the takeoff, it has a big tendency to veer off the center line, doesn’t feel real at all. 
And the flight model feels very weak too… I hope they will come with a fix. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tierborn said:

Yep, I did the same thing, had to use prop and power as well.  It is very inefficient.

Just checked the manual. Electric trim only mentioned once in checklist so there's no special way we are doing it 'wrong'. No LVAR for trim button either so it used default MSFS trim selection. I know it's POSSIBLE to get it right in the sim as PMDG do it perfectly with the 737 series. Ironic really that the best plane for manual flying for me is an airliner!

I'd go as far as to say the trim is NOT working as is. You can NOT trim the plane with it without afterwards having to use prop/power and even mixture at level flight.

Currently:

1. Set approx. prop/power for stage of flight
  2. Trim within 500ft of what you want using electric trim
  3. Fine tune with prop/power/mixture

Electric trim in real life should be continuously variable NOT a huge jump between settings. I suspect this is an MSFS major failing but there HAS to be a way around this limitation. Other addons manage OK.

1 hour ago, MicroBurst said:

I’m also disappointed by the feel of the aircraft on the ground during the takeoff, it has a big tendency to veer off the center line, doesn’t feel real at all. 
And the flight model feels very weak too

Glad it wasn't just me then. Massive veer to right after passing 50kts and I also managed to spin the plane around in a circle like a taildragger at the end of the runway!

It LOOKS and SOUNDS fantastic. Hope the FEEL will come soon!

(That sounds like MSFS all around actually)

Edit: OK so they know about the ground handling.

From JF website:

There are only two features in the Dukes which benefit from Simulator Update 15 (SU15): the ground handling physics and the Working Title GNS 530/430.  Users of other Black Square aircraft are probably already familiar with a bug introduced into the WT GNS GPS in Sim Update 14 that has yet to be resolved

Edited by sloppysmusic
Just Flight web site quote

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

I've just had my first ride in the Turbine Duke. A very exciting hour or so. 😮 Although I managed a C&D start, (feeling quite smug) I think I'll stick with the 'ordinary' ones. The Turbine feels like a car I would never be able to afford the insurance for! 🙄

• Like 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

...I'd go as far as to say the trim is NOT working as is. You can NOT trim the plane with it without afterwards having to use prop/power and even mixture at level flight...

Something's got to be up.  I've been hand-flying the snot out of this thing since release and find it to be very solid.  The pitch trim sensitivity for me is very very low.  That being said, I've always found it pretty normal in any flight simulator and any plane to tweak the power, prop settings or mixture juuuuuusssst ever so slightly to get perfectly straight & level hands-off flight without some very very minor creeping up or down over the long haul (in perfectly calm air of course).  It's certainly not changing pitch from positive to negative in any noticeable degree with one click of pitch trim.  Might there be a conflict somewhere?

So far this is all with the straight "stripper model" B60 Piston Duke, Haven't yet flown the Grand or Royal Turbine version since I want to work my way up to it to fully enjoy the differences.  But, I'll say that hand-flying it has been so smooth that it very much strikes me as a worthy successor to the RealAir version.

The wandering left and right down the runway on takeoff, I've expected given MSFS shortcomings and what's been said about SU15 correcting that.  Again not much worse to me than some other high-powered piston aircraft in the sim. 

Edited by Stoopy
  • Upvote 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Meanwhile... truly diggin' the old-school KLN90b integration.   Nice match for the "vintage" base model B60 piston Duke!

Badnk6U.png

FzVE9rf.jpeg

• Like 3

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

7 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Just checked the manual. Electric trim only mentioned once in checklist so there's no special way we are doing it 'wrong'. No LVAR for trim button either so it used default MSFS trim selection. I know it's POSSIBLE to get it right in the sim as PMDG do it perfectly with the 737 series. Ironic really that the best plane for manual flying for me is an airliner!

I'd go as far as to say the trim is NOT working as is. You can NOT trim the plane with it without afterwards having to use prop/power and even mixture at level flight.

Currently:

1. Set approx. prop/power for stage of flight
  2. Trim within 500ft of what you want using electric trim
  3. Fine tune with prop/power/mixture

Electric trim in real life should be continuously variable NOT a huge jump between settings. I suspect this is an MSFS major failing but there HAS to be a way around this limitation. Other addons manage OK.

Glad it wasn't just me then. Massive veer to right after passing 50kts and I also managed to spin the plane around in a circle like a taildragger at the end of the runway!

It LOOKS and SOUNDS fantastic. Hope the FEEL will come soon!

(That sounds like MSFS all around actually)

Edit: OK so they know about the ground handling.

From JF website:

There are only two features in the Dukes which benefit from Simulator Update 15 (SU15): the ground handling physics and the Working Title GNS 530/430.  Users of other Black Square aircraft are probably already familiar with a bug introduced into the WT GNS GPS in Sim Update 14 that has yet to be resolved

I use a button on my joystick and haven't seen any issues.  Been flying all of the dukes for over 3.months.  I'm also on su15 beta though.  Are you using an axis like a trim wheel?

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I use a button on my joystick and haven't seen any issues.  Been flying all of the dukes for over 3.months.  I'm also on su15 beta though.  Are you using an axis like a trim wheel

SU14 here. Using trim button on the Boeing Yoke. I wish I WAS using a trim wheel. I miss my Saitek but forgot to bring it over from the US last time I was there. It's not TERRIBLE I just have very smooth trim with the PMDG, FSW and F28 in manual flight. I'll have another go tonight I'll be sticking with the factory B60 until it's tweaked well.

Something bizarre is that after install I had to redo it to agree to that 'yes I've tweaked the .js file' question to enable the 530 too. The sim no longer recognizes half of my keyboard inputs so something else might be going on. i.e. I can type in 'AYMH' in some fields but the A-Y-M-H keys themselves do not register as events to control the sim anymore. In noticed it when pressing '1' to confirm ATC message nothing was happening.

I need to dedicate more than an hour a night to my hobby I think! I DO love a good flight after a good tweak 😄

• Like 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK