Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

For Anyone Who Wants Weather Improvements

Featured Replies

  • Author

Heads up guys. The Dev Q&A is happening this Wednesday, so get your questions in asap if you haven't already!

I also want to thank all of you who have submitted questions already. I really appreciate you guys.

Well I really thought it would be happening next week but it looks like they're ready to roll.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RX  9070XT.

2 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

My fear, and I guess what I strangely hope for, is that they're saving major weather updates for the next version of MSFS. Weather, that is in 2028 or 2030. See what I did there? I'll see myself out.

The way I see things going is the next version of Flight Simulation (2028, 2032), may not be for PC's but consoles only. The direction Asobo is continuing going is the console only game. All the graphics and settings options we had in 2020 are no longer an option in 2024. It's either we deal with the dumbed down console options or move on to something else.

Bill McIntyre

Asus StrixB650E-F Gamer, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Corsair Titanium DDR5 64GB, Samsung 990 PRO-4TB M.2, (4) 2TB SSD's, Corsair H1150i liquid cooler, RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, (2) LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case. MSFS 2024, WIN11 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

This is what I sent:

It would be nice to see proper storm clouds with Towering Cumulonimbus with tops above 45000 feet like real thunderstorms. It appears that this is possible with the game and weather engine but is rarely depicted properly in live weather scenarios outside of hurricanes. Are there any plans to make thunderstorms more dangerous and realistic. It's very underwhelming when you break out of thunderstorms and none of them are taller than 15,000 feet and they are small.

Weather is now the item that is the most important to improve. Are there any plans to make the clouds stop being transparent even when they are large enough they would not be transparent in real life?

Are there any plans to make high overcast more accurate? I know clouds are tied to METARS, and in the US CLR or CAVOK means fair below 12,000 feet. But there are more tools that give cloud tops and bases for all layers of the atmosphere. The sim is great but I think we were all wanting to see weather depiction improvement. We know the sim is capable of it. Presets can create fantastic weather but the live weather always underplays the amount of layers as well as the amount and size of clouds.

3 hours ago, Bigmack said:

The way I see things going is the next version of Flight Simulation (2028, 2032), may not be for PC's but consoles only.

There's a question in itself.

I asked for:
1.) Real CB depicition Live Weather including the characteristic anvil and hail
2.) Better local snow depiction
3.) Improved transition of seasons, so that we can see fresh green gras in Italy etc. in April

Best regards,
Holger

 

I went for a more general question, although I put in one for better CB depiction as well:

"Large threads on the forums discuss Live Weather issues for years. Would you finally consider to acknowledge the discussion and elaborate on your goals and probable obstacles?"

Asus ROG STRIX X870-E Gaming; Ryzen9 9950X3D; RX9070XT; 96GB RAM; 4TB/2TB M.2 SSD; 8TB HDD; LG 45GX90SA-B

5 hours ago, Bigmack said:

The way I see things going is the next version of Flight Simulation (2028, 2032), may not be for PC's but consoles only.

I don't see that coming. At least not in the near future. Maybe there will be separate versions for consoles at some time. But if the PC goes, many users will go. Expecially the hardcore ones, who buy many many addons.


 

After many years of flightsimming and software like active sky I was so happy I could really fly into weather systems.
Like see the overcast layer in the distance and fly into it.

But recently I am getting so bored with MSFS 2024 Live Weather, all the clouds everywhere look exactly the same.

Last week I installed Active Sky again, and I never saw so many different cloud formations.

I hope Asobe can not do this better sometime in the future!

  • Commercial Member
7 hours ago, fppilot said:

Agree but it is more like blown in attic insulation....
image.png

A little more grey and you have msfs2024 clouds (50% of the time). Hit n miss hit n miss.

7 hours ago, Krakin said:

Heads up guys. The Dev Q&A is happening this Wednesday, so get your questions in asap if you haven't already!

I also want to thank all of you who have submitted questions already. I really appreciate you guys.

Well I really thought it would be happening next week but it looks like they're ready to roll.

Just submitted a weather question! Thanks for posting this link!

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I asked for :

  • more cloud types / improved cloud transparency

  • the multi monitor feature like it was in MSFS2020, so you can make adjustments and see it in realtime from within the cockpit, instead lookinjg at the menu with no external views.

5950x3d 5.4-5.7 GHz - Asus ROG 870 Crosshair Apex - GSkill Neo 2x 24 Gb 6000 mhz / cas 26 -  MSI RTX 5090 Gaming Trio OC - 1x SSD M2 6000 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb -  Corsair 5400  case - Corsair 360 liquid cooling set  - 3x 75’ TCL tv.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - FOV : 200 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

 

Visibility and runway lighting when low vis during day 1000% need attention.

9 hours ago, rob0203 said:

After many years of flightsimming and software like active sky I was so happy I could really fly into weather systems.
Like see the overcast layer in the distance and fly into it.

But recently I am getting so bored with MSFS 2024 Live Weather, all the clouds everywhere look exactly the same.

Last week I installed Active Sky again, and I never saw so many different cloud formations.

I hope Asobe can not do this better sometime in the future!

REX in FSX was all about 100's of cloud familys. Not sure I want to go through selecting them again.

dd

I asked for runway lighting based upon visibility, not just day/night cycle, and asked for more cloud types, particularly stratus.

AMD 5830X

Nvidia RTX 3060

Win 11

Fog/Haze outside of metar areas. Unlimited visibility outside metar areas is a complete joke for a flight sim.

MSFS2020, 24, Fenix A320,  Ryzen 9 9950X3D, ASUS TUF RTX 5090 ,G.SKILL 64GB 6000MHz CL28

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.