Sign in to follow this  

Orbx: new rules

Can I stay with FTX Central V2 if I don't plan on getting anything else from OrbX? How about future patches on existing products that I own, am I going to be able to patch without FTX Central V3?

Eventually  v2  will be  done  and  dusted, cant  see   why you wouldn't go to v3  its a lot  easier  to update  all your  airports  and  region etc

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I too was very hesitant about updating to Central V3 wondering what will happen and must I do this. However, after carefully reading very helpful information about the update process on the "official" Orbx forum plus watching the tutorial video, I decided to take the plunge and "Just Do It" as Nike says.

The process was painless and the migration went well without any serious problems. The result, I am glad that I did this for all the positive reasons previously noted here.If one is planning to stick with Orbx it seems like Central V3 is a must if for no other reason, to obtain the necessary updates.

Raymie

Spokane Valley, WA

What a beautiful thing the new system is, well done Orbx :smile:

This is FS entering the contemporary digital age for content delivery, and any thoughts of wanting to stick with the old system should be banished.

Like others here I managed to do the process without even glancing at an instruction.

• Upvote 1

Like others here I managed to do the process without even glancing at an instruction.

Something I would strongly advise against   :wink:  !  Reading the step by step tutorial posted by John V is the obvious way to start.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Something I would strongly advise against

I'm not advising people don't, just that I found it an intuitive, simple process and therefore had no need for instruction. The guides are there should anyone need it :)

I have many Orbx products, but only had a few installed as I hated dealing with FSS and its tedious wrapper, and sometimes slow delivery. I'll now add all my collection over the next couple of days with great pleasure.

I followed the instructions provided, and the account transfer and FTX Central 3 installation proceeded flawlessly.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Under the new system is it possible to disable certain regions without actually uninstalling them? I don't see it in my v3 but it's busy downloading updates at the moment and looks like it may be some time...

Do we have any control over whether an update is downloaded and installed?   OR, if we're connected to the internet, does it just do it automatically?  I lucked out on the fiasco a few months ago because I was too lazy to do the bad update and then decided not to get near ORBX until that mess all blew over. 

Personally, I don't even have my sim computer physically tied to the internet unless I have to for authorization and that even makes me nervous.  I think I might've picked up some malware even in that relatively little bit of time.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Personally, I don't even have my sim computer physically tied to the internet unless I have to for authorization and that even makes me nervous.  I think I might've picked up some malware even in that relatively little bit of time.

The only computer I have linked to the interest all the time is my work laptop which is protected like fort knox even if it gets hit  with a virus, I get almost instant help to sort it out.

My flight sim PC has no virus software running...  I used to have the MS essentials... since I am unable tostop the  auto update some security patches, I had to stop that as well.. 

I try not to use the browser on this Home cockpit sim PC. I take complete image backup using Acronis in case I get with a virus.. Between restore point and compete recovery from Acronis I have managed to stay away from virus and recovered from a virus hit so far

I see your point about being tethered to the internet from the sim pic.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Under the new system is it possible to disable certain regions without actually uninstalling them?

No, but you couldn't disable regions once you had undergone the migration in FTX Central v2.

On the upside, region uninstall is very quick.  region install not so much.

You'll need to either uncheck the region is the scenery library, or use an external app such as SceneryConfigEditor or SIMstarter NG.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Took less than 2 minutes to install v3 and transfer my licenses from the Flight Store.  They are all now downloading and installing into the sim.   Thanks Orbx for making life easy.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

No, but you couldn't disable regions once you had undergone the migration in FTX Central v2.

On the upside, region uninstall is very quick.  region install not so much.

You'll need to either uncheck the region is the scenery library, or use an external app such as SceneryConfigEditor or SIMstarter NG.

Ernie

if you have kept a region backup, the reinstall process is also very quick. Took me 2 minutes to get Germany back up and running in my sim. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I downloaded the new FTX central V3 Univest me to log in and did not except my forum password.

So I had to create a new password using my email address which I did... I wanted to transfer my files from FFS to the new FTX V3, and do it as per the instructions from JV ... but wth my forum login, I get:

And with my "New FTC Central 3" login to update my library, ,I get:

You have  to register   a new  account  which is different   to your orbx  account , also  youemail address  has  to be the  same  as  you used  at fss

Edited by Jim Young
Removed excessive quote.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg