Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG Shows a lil' bit o' leg....

Gents-Can YOUR 744 do this?For those who were wondering: The LCF flies like a plane-jane 744... They limit the crusie speed to M0.82 in order to limit buffeting at higher speeds... In a dive the airplane accelerates faster than a standard 744... Those who understand aerodynamics will understand why. :( We have some surprises for you with this one... More on those later...Has anyone got a spare starter for the WoodPigeon? We seem to have blown the one we had on hand....
Think I have some knowledge of aerodynamics....Brick??If I can arrange a spare starter for the WoodPigeon, you will be the first to know.Regards,Harry

Guest Cag40Navy
Think I have some knowledge of aerodynamics....Brick??If I can arrange a spare starter for the WoodPigeon, you will be the first to know.Regards,Harry
I got one, just needs a little dusting off and it will be good to go.They could turn that thing into a 3 story airplane.

Guest ronhamilton
ditto, +1, etc
No offense to the team but I was hoping for like an ACARS, WX Radar or something to that fact. I think the 744 is a cool plane but it isn't for me. I like doing short routes (1-3hrs), so a new B1900 or or something like that would be cool. I was just hoping it wouldn't be an exterior model....mind you that Ryan did say there was more to this story so I guess I shall sit and wait it out.Ron Hamilton

I remember the pregnant guppy, this is like a pregnant whale.
Nothing about the product, specifically, but this household has concluded that this is the ugliest plane since the invention of flight. (But I'm sure it will be a perfect rendition thereof.)

I was just hoping it wouldn't be an exterior model....mind you that Ryan did say there was more to this story so I guess I shall sit and wait it out.
The Dreamlifter is (obviously) based on the 747-400, but it doesn't have the exact same on-board systems as a normal 400, nor does it fly the same profiles (for one thing, it is unpressurised) so I should think it is likely that a simulated version of it would be more than merely an external model if it was to accurately reflect the real aeroplane.And yup, it isn't pretty, but it's like a catwalk model compared to the Beluga; now that is fugly.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest ronhamilton
The Dreamlifter is (obviously) based on the 747-400, but it doesn't have the exact same on-board systems as a normal 400, nor does it fly the same profiles (for one thing, it is unpressurised) so I should think it is likely that a simulated version of it would be more than merely an external model if it was to accurately reflect the real aeroplane.And yup, it isn't pretty, but it's like a catwalk model compared to the Beluga; now that is fugly.Al
I see. Well, I'm new here and have been paying attention to your posts, you seem like a very intelligent guy when it comes to flight so thanks, take it easy.Ron Hamilton

"it's like catwalk model..."Come on bud... that poor 747 has been eating cheeseburgers since the invention of McDonnalds.... Hence the Dreamlifter result :( As someone of the previous posters said - ... be more happy if a WX radar or ACARS shows up in PMDG...

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Guest oovaoosh

Nice :) I can't wait... Realese it tomorrow :(

That's all fine if it's the same cockpit and same performance in the real aircraft. But given what we have seen with the NGX renders, will the Dreamlifter cockpit be modelled to reflect that awesome quality or will it use the old -400 cockpit?Goran
I'll take the lack of a response as a "no".Cheers fella's.Looking forward to it anyway! (not meaning to sound demanding)Goran

Hi Robert,Long time no see ... since our personal contact at Paderborn Airport a few years ago. I hope you are doing well (and also to Vin).It's nice to see new products coming. But way not making an update or SP that resolves some minor bugs for the MD-11 :( ? I prefer it more than announcing new aircrafts :(.Best regards and have a nice weekend,

But way not making an update or SP that resolves some minor bugs for the MD-11 :( ? I prefer it more than announcing new aircrafts :(.
Especially if they are only visual models. I'd rather have systems updates, minor bugs fixed etc in current products even if there is a small upgrade fee.

But are you going to make what goes inside the thing too? Al
A giant pogo stick?Mike

Guest Cag40Navy
A giant pogo stick?Mike
Maybe with pogo stick wth the dreamliner livery!

We have some surprises for you with this one...
Yep, got it... This is the Dreamlifter that will bring the completed fuselage of the PMDG NGX to the final assembly plant, and as for the surprises, it will be FS9 only with a tool to install third party weather radar add-ons on the navigation display... :( Jean-Claude