Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ErichB

CARENADO BARON RELEASED

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the HU. Awaiting some reviews maybe concerning FDE and "uniqueness", if you know what I mean. The magic "Real behavior compared to the real airplane" is present in the Baron's description too but we don't buy descriptions, do we? Ah, negative bias of mine, sorry for that. The happiness when reading about a policy change which actually took place will be unlimited though and I'm sure that this one is an enjoyable FSX addon. :smile:The modelling looks very nice.

Does it work under windows XP? According to the technical requirements (Carenado website) we need windows Vista or 7.Thanks and best regards

Geoffa,The BARON'S OUT! What do you think? Hopefully you'll read this, buy the plane, and tell us how REAL it feels.Stan

Does it work under windows XP? According to the technical requirements (Carenado website) we need windows Vista or 7.Thanks and best regards
The Carenado site states:Technical Requirements:Windows XP with SP3 installed, Vista or 7 (32 or 64 bits)...looks like all 3 OS platforms to me...

Geoffa,The BARON'S OUT! What do you think? Hopefully you'll read this, buy the plane, and tell us how REAL it feels.Stan
Speaking of Geof - where the heck has he been? Haven't seem him post in months!

Speaking of Geof - where the heck has he been? Haven't seem him post in months!
I think he's been traveling for work a lot. I keep up with him on Facebook, and he's been posting a lot of shots from his touring (he's a musician). If you're a Facebooker, you can find his profile here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1110409580

The Carenado site states:Technical Requirements:Windows XP with SP3 installed, Vista or 7 (32 or 64 bits)...looks like all 3 OS platforms to me...
Where did you read that Rick (could you provide the link please)?I could only find this from the product page at http://www.carenado....duct&correl=57?Technical Requirements:Windows Vista or 7 (32 or 64 bits)Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX with SP1 and SP2 (or Acceleration Pack) installed.Pentium V/2GHz or similar – 2GB RAM – 512MB graphics card.260MB available hard disk space. EDIT: IGNORE THE ABOVE. I just went back to the website, exited out of the product page and went back into the Baron product page and it now says:Technical Requirements:Windows XP with SP3 installed, Vista or 7 (32 or 64 bits)Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX with SP1 and SP2 (or Acceleration Pack) installed.Pentium V/2GHz or similar – 2GB RAM – 512MB graphics card.260MB available hard disk space. So it looks like Carenado maybe edited the webpage and updated the Technical requirements to include Windows XP with SP3.

I've also asked the question to Carenado and they've answered me that they will correct the page. Windows XP with SP3 has been added later for your information. It wasn't there at first.Here is the answer from Carenado."It works with Windows XP with Service Pack 3 installed.We already updated the product’s page."Carenado

I will be getting it. I am surprised though that they chose the late model 58 to do. A considerable improvement over the default Baron in FSX no doubt but why not go where no developer has gone before and model the early version with the throw over yoke? Or better yet use the existing fuselage 3d modeling they have in house for the Bonanza and do the model 55? I personally know several pilots and simmers that have been waiting a decade or more for someone to recreate the model 55 for the sim!

I will be getting it. I am surprised though that they chose the late model 58 to do. A considerable improvement over the default Baron in FSX no doubt but why not go where no developer has gone before and model the early version with the throw over yoke? Or better yet use the existing fuselage 3d modeling they have in house for the Bonanza and do the model 55? I personally know several pilots and simmers that have been waiting a decade or more for someone to recreate the model 55 for the sim!
Yup, add me to the 55 list!

It looks very nice but I will fly my Dukes till the and of time. Btw. what´s the difference between the 58 and the 55 model?

Btw. what´s the difference between the 58 and the 55 model?
google is your friend...0.1 sec search Wikipedia: Die Baron 55 (kurzer Rumpf) und die Baron 58 (langer Rumpf). Derzeit wird ausschließlich die Baron 58 gebaut.

Anyone with a small review about the feel and behaviour of the thing?The sentence about the great looks on Carenado planes is commonly used and true, the one with a praise for the FDE hopefully will achieve the same status. Right now, I think it was never used on an initial release I think. :unsure:Was the Baron treated in the new way they spoke of, where some guy really looked into the FDE like all those fine freeware authors did before?I mean, coming from the Duke (regardless of the version), a C310 or the old but gold Cheyenne and then switching over to the big C is quite a change, if you know what I mean.

It looks very nice but I will fly my Dukes till the and of time. Btw. what´s the difference between the 58 and the 55 model?
The model 55 utilizes the same basic fuselage as the Bonanza model 33 and 35, the 35 being the familiar V-tailed Bonanza. The model 58 was developed in the 1960's along with the model 36 Bonanza. They both had a lengthened fuselage for more seating room, the wing location was moved for better center of gravity envelope and rear doors were added for rear seat entry. You can easily spot these lengthened models by the change in the window arrangement when viewed from the side. The earliest model 33 and 35 had only two windows on the side, the later 33/35 had a little third triangle window, the later 33/35 and model 55 had three side windows and the model 36/58 have four side windows.

I mean, coming from the Duke (regardless of the version), a C310 or the old but gold Cheyenne and then switching over to the big C is quite a change, if you know what I mean.
Don't say "old," the Cheyenne might be offended :(

Was the Baron treated in the new way they spoke of, where some guy really looked into the FDE like all those fine freeware authors did before?I mean, coming from the Duke (regardless of the version), a C310 or the old but gold Cheyenne and then switching over to the big C is quite a change, if you know what I mean.
The time for beta testing was very limited so I couldn't do any cruise performance calibration flights, but; Handling is well harmonized.Stall still occurs at a way too low AoA which means if you flare too much she will drop stalled onto the runway.Same if you pull her off the runway too aggressive on take off.If you don't do anything stupid it's actually a very nice plane.Even engine out handling is quite ok!RegardsBernt

google is your friend...0.1 sec search Wikipedia: Die Baron 55 (kurzer Rumpf) und die Baron 58 (langer Rumpf). Derzeit wird ausschließlich die Baron 58 gebaut.
Well, I didn´t have time to search (flying with the turbine duke) but thank you for the help. The 55 model is a bit shorter as the "standard" 58. Nice to know.Btw., does someone know whether a Beech Queen Air or a King Air is planned by any payware developer?

Here's the promo on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a5vAj9G7sM&feature=player_embeddedI have one question regarding this video: in what program I can make the taxiway markings so realistic?

I have one question regarding this video: in what program I can make the taxiway markings so realistic?
That's a payware airport with custom scenery/textures. I didn't watch the entire video but it looks like Orbx' Orcas Island.

Someday people will stop adding dumb music to great videos

Someday people will stop adding dumb music to great videos
I hope so. I would much rather hear ambient airport sounds and the engine(s) of which ever aircraft is featured in the video. Cheers,Bill in Colorado