Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737NGX Pricing and Availability

Hi Robert,about intrest on the BBJ............Count me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am only interested in the BBJ, because I am a pilot on a BBJ!!I will buy the base package as soon as it's released, because I just want a 99.99% real 737 on my flightsim ASAP! So as soon as you release the BBJ I will buy them as well!!!! Regards,Frits

Pricing and packaging is amazing, I will get all of them, my question is and sorry if it has been asked before, Did you guys create some new way of installing repaints? Or is it going to be the same old way we are used to doing it.edit sorry I did not see the Livery threadwub.gif

It still boggles my mind that FS9 users think they can guilt companies into making business decisions. Until you're on the board of directors, sit back, relax, and go buy substitute products. Can you imagine what would have happened if Henry Ford would have split time between horse drawn carriage support and developing the model A? Just saying...
Indeed. I seem to remember Robert or someone else from PMDG stating that the time they spent on the FS9 MD11 relative to the number of sales was a huge disappointment. Most users have migrated to FSX. If I can have an enjoyable experience with my six year old, antiquated computer in FSX, everyone else should be able to, too. But I'm not trying to turn this into yet another FS9-FSX p***ing match. Carry on.
Thought you weren't supposed to slag off other developers in these forums?
If your competing product was virtually rendered obsolete overnight, you'd probably be a bit buggered too. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.-jr

A very competitive price.I really hope the NGX will be a best seller!!!

Did you guys create some new way of installing repaints? Or is it going to be the same old way we are used to doing it.
http://forum.avsim.n...y-availability/:rolleyes:Edit: sorry; I didnt see your edit ;-)

Thought you weren't supposed to slag off other developers in these forums?
Well I doubt "Doyle" would admit to being paid by iFly to post disparaging comments about PMDG.

Thank you very much PMDG, for all of your work and passion.Your price is unbelievably low for such an historic release. Again, I believe it shows your obvious commitment to the flight sim community, and your balanced attitude and concern between your bottom line and your desire to see everyone being able to afford to fly the NGX, who really wants to have it.Since I am a fanatic, you count put my name on the list for everything that will be released concerning the NGX.Normally I wouldn't be as interested in the military version, but in the case of the NGX, I would like to have it and see what the additional systems would be. Probably mid-air refueling panels and stuff. That would be neat.I've watched updated on the development of this aircraft from the beginning and I know that you have worked very hard to make it the best possible. Although I don't have it yet, it is obvious from the AoA videos that Nick has put together and from Chris Palmer's obvious excitement in putting together his new 737NGX course, that you have achieved your goal and our expectations. I know that Chris and the AoA team seem so committed to making an instructional course that will match the quality that PMDG has put into this masterpiece.After ~Aug 4th, we will all "Throttle on" in style.

No, no, I was not talking of 2D panels, only VC. The concept of the 2D cockpit is not realistic for me. Well, I have seen the AoA videos on the 737 and they are gorgeous, it looks an incredible airplane. Anyway, with "reality" I mean aircraft systems, flight dynamics, procedures *AND* fluidity of the simulation. I don't mind if the VC of the Maddog has a lower definition than the 737, I mind if the simulation is more fluid! I don't own FSX, but most of FSX users have complained about its heaviness in terms of fps since the beginning of the world. How is that now everyone is shocked by what I say? Suddenly FSX has become faster? Further, I don't think that with such a complex aircraft as the 737 NGX, things will be that fast.What I say about the terrain display comes from my experience with the Maddog. Most times there is no frame loss, but when for example I fly through the mountains of the "Approaching Innsbruck" addon scenery, I get a visible and annoying decrease if I turn the terrain display on.
"Suddenly FSX has become faster?" No but the computer industry did not stand still in the 6 years since FSX came out. Moore's law says PCs double in power every 2 years or so, so in 6 years of FSX we are talking 3 fold power increase. Yes its true that once upon a time it was a slideshow, but not anymore. With aircraft that are properly optimised and created from scratch for FSX alone, the peformace is really really fantastic now. FSX is no longer a slideshow on most PCs that are 2years old or less. Times change, I have fs9 installed but dont use it because it just looks so dated. FSX still looks fresh and has a bright and happy future with PMDG leading the way =).Extract from Wiki. This is why modern PCs dont struggle so much with FSX.Moore's law describes a long-term trend in the history of computing hardware. The number of transistors that can be placed inexpensively on an integrated circuit doubles approximately every two years.[1] This trend has continued for more than half a century and is expected to continue until 2015 or 2020 or later.[2]The capabilities of many digital electronic devices are strongly linked to Moore's law: processing speed, memory capacity, sensors and even the number and size of pixels in digital cameras.[3] All of these are improving at (roughly) exponential rates as well (see Other formulations and similar laws). This exponential improvement has dramatically enhanced the impact of digital electronics in nearly every segment of the world economy.[4] Moore's law describes a driving force of technological and social change in the late 20th and early 21st centuries.[5][6]The law is named after Intel co-founder Gordon E. Moore, who described the trend in his 1965 paper.[7][8][9] The paper noted that the number of components in integrated circuits had doubled every year from the invention of the integrated circuit in 1958 until 1965 and predicted that the trend would continue "for at least ten years".[10] His prediction has proved to be uncannily accurate, in part because the law is now used in the semiconductor industry to guide long-term planning and to set targets for research and development.[11]

I'm pretty sure they'd have to pay some percentage to aerosoft for each unit they sell, so that would cause the final price to be higher at aerosoft than handled by PMDG themselves.About the download speed, I live in South America and I don't have any problem downloading from America, Europe, Asia, etc.

Alexis Mefano

There is a massive crowd of us FS2004 users who won't use FSX just for this plane. Much money your team wont be making. We will really like for you to make a FS2004 version, otherwise your company will go down. IFLY is better than you anyway. I know how immature PMDG is. They cannot take criticizm not even on Facebook. Shoot they deleted my postings yesterday. And to the smart aleck from facebook. This aint PS2 nor PS3 we can run FS2004 and its ridiculous to put Computers and gaming consoles in the same category. PMDG would not be downgrading they will be enlarging their cunsumer base if they are smart. If this post is deleted I know this PMDG has gotten so cocky they will disrespect anyone else who sounds off their right to speak. I will be reposteing this in another thread PMDG has no control over. -Doyle
LMAO.gifLMAO.gifLOL.gifLOL.gifLMAO.gifBig%20Grin.gif and it's not even signed!

On the expansion packs they say subject to interest, are you guys going to take a poll to see how many are interested or how will that work?thanks

Honestly this airplane is worth over $100 thanks for being fair in pricing you guys earned and deserve every cent i am going to give you!..If i could tip 15% i would :)Jamal

...Moore's law says PCs double in power every 2 years or so, so in 6 years of FSX we are talking 3 fold power increase...
8-fold. 2*2*2 = 8, not 3.

8-fold. 2*2*2 = 8, not 3.
Yes sorry, hehe just trying to get my point across.

There is a massive crowd of us FS2004 users who won't use FSX just for this plane. Much money your team wont be making. We will really like for you to make a FS2004 version, otherwise your company will go down. IFLY is better than you anyway. I know how immature PMDG is. They cannot take criticizm not even on Facebook. Shoot they deleted my postings yesterday. And to the smart aleck from facebook. This aint PS2 nor PS3 we can run FS2004 and its ridiculous to put Computers and gaming consoles in the same category. PMDG would not be downgrading they will be enlarging their cunsumer base if they are smart. If this post is deleted I know this PMDG has gotten so cocky they will disrespect anyone else who sounds off their right to speak. I will be reposteing this in another thread PMDG has no control over. -Doyle
This one's going into the Troll Hall of Fame on the first ballot!

I was thinking about waiting till December but now I save a few bucks :( Very happy to see the 700ER coming out that and the 700/600 will be my December buy! Cant wait to do some biz class long hauls on the planeSteven Herzberg